DLR is closing at 6pm on 10/14 Thursday WHY?

mrypg

Mouseketeer
DLR is closing at 6pm on Thursday October 14th why???

I just got a phone call from Disney Dinning who needed to reschedule my dinning because Disneyland is closing at 6pm.

I know disneyland closes early on Tuesday and Friday by why Thursday???:sad1:

WOW is it a private party?:confused:

Help me on this one.

I just asked the same question over on the halloween thread. I got the same call from Disney Dining this evening. I know that MHP is on the 12th and 15th but I wonder why the Thursday the 14th as well? The cast members in Dining said they didnt know why it was closing early.

I just replied at the Halloween thread but it's giving me trouble in posting up my response so i will copy and paste it here as well

Might be a company thing...
I remember years ago, my parents worked for Farmers Insurance, and they had a Disneyland night, where the park closed down to the public and was only open to all employees of Farmers Insurance, and their famiy members.
It was always held in October until they stopped having it a few years back.
I am assuming on nights when the park is closed super early and there is no MHP, it's for a company-night type thing.

That's so interesting!

Any crowd guesses for that week?

I actually had already thought that week might be brisk (Columbus Day is on Monday, I believe, and I know at least some of the Arizona schools have off that week).

If Disneyland now closes early (to regular guests) on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, then I wonder if Disneyland will be unusually busy Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday nights.

Alternately, I wonder if the Halloween parties on Tuesday and Friday will be a touch busier than some other weeks, as the only way to get into Disneyland 3/5 weekday nights will be to attend the party.

I think I'm going to go ahead and buy party tickets for me and my Mom right now, just in case! :)

They also have a new advertising campaign to launch in October that might require a park event.

A quick Google search I believe solved the mystery.

October 14 - 16 is the Utah Education Association convention. Can you say "busy?"

Mystery NOT solved because many schools in N. California have the entire week off so if Utah has a few days off ok but why close the park early on Thursday October 14th?

Im not sure if Disney is looking at everything they should be extending more hours that week because many more schools have off.

:banana:Need more hours not less WAKE UP Disney Extend hours:banana:

I'll just be there for the party Friday and then one additional day (Saturday)...good thing my list of things I "must do" isn't very long! :flower3:

Though I was figuring to spend the whole day at Disneyland/DCA Saturday to get the most park for my money, since I was just there in June and my time is limited. I hope it's not unbearably crowded.... :flower3:

The good (?) news is that means there might be 2 WoC shows on Thursday as well, since DCA might stay open later.

Mystery NOT solved because many schools in N. California have the entire week off so if Utah has a few days off ok but why close the park early on Thursday October 14th?

Im not sure if Disney is looking at everything they should be extending more hours that week because many more schools have off.

:banana:Need more hours not less WAKE UP Disney Extend hours:banana:

I'm sorry, I guess I didn't finish my thought LOL. UEA is known for historically bringing an incredible amount of people to DLR. It's discussed on this board every year. UEA convention begins on the date in question. I would guess a private party is taking place that night.

Disney knows the attendance patterns. Its not as if they are new at this. ;)

Hope that explains more,
Dreams

I'm sorry, I guess I didn't finish my thought LOL. UEA is known for historically bringing an incredible amount of people to DLR. It's discussed on this board every year. UEA convention begins on the date in question. I would guess a private party is taking place that night.

Disney knows the attendance patterns. Its not as if they are new at this. ;)

Hope that explains more,
Dreams

I thought the UEA took place in Utah, but meant that students there had the time off, so off they went in droves to Disneyland. Does the UEA actually take place in Anaheim this year? -- Suzanne

It takes place in Utah, but I would not be surprised if there were some sort of giant private party or a huge group related to UEA that night at Disneyland. I could be wrong, the dates just seem too coincidental too me. It is a guess, not a "report."

- Dreams

I really hope somebody can fine out what is REALLY Happening on the night of the 14th of October??

HELP HELP

Somebody has to know something.

If it's a private party, you won't know and we can't find out, unless someone *invited* to the party posts or you find out when you're actually there.

If it's something like Joe Jonas's birthday party (example given b/c 2 years ago they had a big Miley Cyrus b'day party that was a ticket-only thing and closed the park early), you'll find out when tickets go on sale.

Bottom line is that it's closed early that day, and you might not find out why...

But Albort *does* work at DLR, and he's posted that *maybe* it's the Halloween party, so....if I had to know a reason, I'd go with that one unless/until it was proven to be incorrect.

My guess is that Thursday night, October 14, has a private party.

In October, Mickey's Halloween Parties will be offered on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Halloween.

That's according to the MP Weekly Update (link):

Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland – October 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 26, 29, 31.

And the Disney Parks Blog (link):

Mickey’s Halloween Party will be offered on Halloween night and every Tuesday and Friday in October.

:earsboy:

I think I might have found a good guess at who might be hosting a private party the night of the 14th. So my wife and I were at DL last year in late Oct and the park closed at 4 or 5 for a private party. here is the Link for that http://s36.a2zinc.net/clients/sepa/sepa2009/public/Content.aspx?ID=259&sortMenu=103007 and their party was on the last night of their convention at the Anaheim Convention Center. they have a convention set for this year at the Los Angeles Convention Center and the last night of that one is OCT 14th!!!!!!! pirate: just a guess because they say nothing about it on the 2010 site http://www.solarpowerinternational.com/sepa2010/public/enter.aspx

I'm new here - does Disneyland close early on Fridays only in the off-season? Does that mean shows like World of color and Fantasmic would only occur on Saturday that week?

I think I might have found a good guess at who might be hosting a private party the night of the 14th. So my wife and I were at DL last year in late Oct and the park closed at 4 or 5 for a private party. here is the Link for that http://s36.a2zinc.net/clients/sepa/sepa2009/public/Content.aspx?ID=259&sortMenu=103007 and their party was on the last night of their convention at the Anaheim Convention Center. they have a convention set for this year at the Los Angeles Convention Center and the last night of that one is OCT 14th!!!!!!! pirate: just a guess because they say nothing about it on the 2010 site http://www.solarpowerinternational.com/sepa2010/public/enter.aspx

Good theory!

Looks like their last session at their conference ends at 5:30pm. If they then get on a bus and shuttle down to Disneyland, potentially their party could start around 7pm - giving Disney 1 hour to "turnover" the Park for a private event. Odd that a Disneyland event would not be mentioned in their conference registration materials though as it looks like it was last year.

- Dreams

I'm new here - does Disneyland close early on Fridays only in the off-season? Does that mean shows like World of color and Fantasmic would only occur on Saturday that week?

Actually, as far as I know, Disneyland closing so early on a Friday night is not a normal thing even for the off-season. The reason this will be happening in October is that there is a special Halloween party hard-ticketed event that will take place on Tuesday and Friday nights in October at Disneyland. If you don't have a ticket to this event, then you will have to leave the park by 6 PM on Tuesdays and 7 PM on Fridays on event nights. It sounds like DCA may stay open later on those nights to accommodate guests that don't have party tickets. I believe I read somewhere that DCA might be open as late as 11 PM on Friday nights in October. So Fridays in October Fantasmic probably won't run or will run for party guests only since it's at Disneyland, but WoC most likely will have one or more shows on Friday nights since DCA will be open so late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter