DLR Holiday Treats

The Frankenweenie sounds delicious and I'm not much of a hot dog person either. :thumbsup2

This thread is making me hungry!!! :santa:
We leave in 6 days so I can't wait to try some of these goodies. :dance3:
Where can I find the gingerbread beignets?

I have seen two varieties posted here:
Pumpkin
Gingerbread

Are both available now and thru the holiday season?

We will be going in EARLY December. :santa:

It's a hot dog wrapped in bacon smothered in grilled onions with barbque sauce on a yummy specialty bun (not sure what it was but it was delicious). My DD hates hot dogs and loved this creation.

dsny1mom

I am not much of a hot dog eater but I have got to get one of those. Yum.

Last December I made sure I ate at Cafe Orleans so I could try the Gingerbread Beignets........they were........not as good as regular beignets. :sad2: The beignets are usually soft and pillowy. The gingerbread ones were like 2 separate pieces of dough (flattened), stuck together and fried and absolutely nothing in the middle of them.....they split in half and were not pillowy at all, just hollow.

252.jpg

The cute Mickey Santa demitasse cups with chocolate mousse are super cute, but the thick layer of whipped topping is dry and gaggy! I removed it (basically all came off together) and enjoyed the mousse, which was good.

1080.jpg

LOVED the peppermint fudge and gingerbread cookies!!

721.jpg

483.jpg

My favorite holiday treat is the pumpkin cream cheese muffins. Very moist and yummy!

Not a holiday treat....but I highly recomend the raspberry cheesecake at the jolly holiday bakery. My husband and two kids have decided they will eat one everyday on our upcoming trip.

My absolute favorite is the pumpkin spice brittle. Yummy! I was skeptical at first until I was in Trolley Treats when they were making it. Honestly, the best smelling thing ever and I had to try it. Now I end up with some to take home just about every other day. I'm addicted, lol.

My absolute favorite is the pumpkin spice brittle. Yummy! I was skeptical at first until I was in Trolley Treats when they were making it. Honestly, the best smelling thing ever and I had to try it. Now I end up with some to take home just about every other day. I'm addicted, lol.

That sounds delightful Jessica, I am going to have to try some when I am there.

I don't know why we made any reservations for sit down meals. I'm pretty sure I could live on all these holiday treats for our 4 days! :lmao:

Had a Carmel Apple Cider last week that was excellent and a Pumpkin Spiced Latte that was equally as good. Didn't have any hot coco sorry!

dsny1mom

The Carmel Apple Cider sounds so good! Where did you get it? I really want to try this one!

The Carmel Apple Cider sounds so good! Where did you get it? I really want to try this one!

Jolly Holiday. It had the mulled spices floating on the top. OMG it was good! Had a pumkin spiced muffin to go with it and it was a match made in heaven.

dsny1mom

I think the EOS is new at DL and maybe the bad holiday sandwich was a fluke. I have had it in WDW and in San Antonio and it was GREAT both times. That said, it DOES have some unusual ingredients. Turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, etc..

DH loves peppermint ice cream on Main St. Last year I became a huge fan of Yule Log Cake :)

I think the EOS is new at DL and maybe the bad holiday sandwich was a fluke. I have had it in WDW and in San Antonio and it was GREAT both times. That said, it DOES have some unusual ingredients. Turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, etc..

Maybe not a fluke but rather a dislike of decent bread overloaded with soggy dressing with rubbery turkey, mayo, and barely a taste of cranberry sauce. I wanted to like it, really I did.

That said we tried an original too. It was Ok but not something I'd leave the parks for. The breakfast sandwich was the best of all three we tried and even that was just above OK. The best part of all of them was the bread.

I'm not a sandwich hater I have had Subway, Quiznos, Jimmy Johns, Pannera, etc. EoS is no better or worse than any other fast food sandwich I have had. It's new to the left coast and cheaper than many other foods at DLR so I am sure they will continue to do a solid business.

We always stay at DLH but I'd rather go to Steak House 55 for a decent affordable breakfast and Tangora Terrace for a nice lunch than save a few bucks at EoS. YMMV

dsny1mom

If noplace else has it, Starbucks has a Caramel Apple Cider.

I LOVE this! It is like drinking candy! :cloud9: However, since I can get this anytime, I'm not going to waste my "treat calories" on it while at DLR. After looking at all the suggestions, I think my main focus this year will be the gingerbread cookie. I've never had one of those before. I love the peanut brittle, but still not sure about pumpkin brittle. Sounds odd...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter