DLR Half-Marathon 2013. Who else is going?!?!

dizneekrazee

Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time
I just completed my first 5k today!! (Color Vibe Bay Area). I enjoyed it so much, I came home and registered for the 10k at DLR this August, not quite ready to jump into the half. I should be traveling with group of about 7 ladies, although I am the only one registered thus far.

Who else is going?

DDD:
poke1613 + DW
MasonDuo + DH
Disneyluvr81
Ariel224
sissy ib
77SU
butiflfed + DH
Wallawallakids' DH
Kim3339
LuvSulley
Belle Ella
DLR29
samsonpete + DH
swooshbear + DW
Disneycouple99
JCH
princessCKL
kindakrazy2
bookworm75 + SIL
jeanigor
Phdmama06
msbelle1976
SILLYANDI
wdwrich's DD & SIL
ksmith17
Longhorns2
Dziactor
Shunasee + DM
Bephus
AquaDame + DH
Terrypalo
Fruto76
Strawberry's mom&dad
Glokozar
Luvdumbo
Msbell1976 + DM + DM friend

HALF:
FlameGirl
MUBowers11
thebyrdwoman + DB
Majik9
gaucho2000 + DH
wdwrich
amberfernandez
Cactus girl
Allgrownup's DD
CarrieR
Castle2Castle + DF

10k:
dizneekrazee + 3 co-workers
sunflare
MUBowers11
jpeka65844 + DH
honeylove
wdwrich's DW
Malcon10t's kids
krazykat4DIS
longhorns2's DS, SIS, and nephew
Pixarmom + DH + DS13 (themagicmouse), DS14 (ghosthost96)
PrincessMira
Kathymford

5k:
gaucho2000's DD & DM
amberfernandez
Malcon10t's kids
Jeanigor
Allgrownup

Kids races:
honeylove's DD
Bephus' kids
Pixarmom's DS6

How did you do that? Registration doesn't open until Tuesday?

But you'll love the run. Running through the parks is just...awesome.

pharmama said:
How did you do that? Registration doesn't open until Tuesday?

But you'll love the run. Running through the parks is just...awesome.

I imagine it is!! Can't wait.

There is early registration available. One was at the EXPO last week in WDW, I imagine this weekend at DLR (not sure on that), and also through Disney Visa. :)

DH and I signed up for the Dumbo Double Dare - SOO Excited!!! :woohoo:

Gives me plenty of motivation to keep the training going.

We just had 2 more people join our group. Those 2 are signing up today, I think everyone else is waiting until next week to sign up.

I will be doing the Dumbo Double Dare as well as getting my Coast to Coast. While I didn't do Tink yesterday (was worried about how I would be feeling a week after doing my first WDW Marathon) we were at Disneyland and I was able to sign up at the Expo. The lines were CRAZY to sign up at the WDW expo last weekend, so I was happy to be able to do it yesterday.

So excited!! This will be my 3rd Disneyland 1/2 and can't wait to do the 10k the day before!! :cool1:

I'm on this board trying to research my first DL trip in 5 years, for the DDD! I am so excited. Doing Princess so I will also be C2C.

sissy_ib said:
I'm on this board trying to research my first DL trip in 5 years, for the DDD! I am so excited. Doing Princess so I will also be C2C.

Then you've come to the right place!!

Where is everybody planning on staying for this event? We are most likely staying at PPH.

DD is graduating from Pharmacy School in May and wants to go to DLR for the Dumbo Double Dare. We will also get the C2C since we did the half marathon last weekend

I'm in for the DDD and Coast to Coast! DH and I signed up at the DW expo last weekend. This will be our first trip to Disneyland ever!

I'm in for the Half! I used to be an avid runner, training for a marathon, and suffered an injury that took me out of the game for six months. I'm looking forward to getting back into the groove, and this sounds like the perfect way to get motivated.

Does anybody know how you can find out how full a specific race is?

dizneekrazee said:
Does anybody know how you can find out how full a specific race is?

Once registration officially opens, they usually start posting percentages on the runDisney site once it starts looking like it will close. But that's for "normal situations", which this clearly is not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter