DLR Character Hunting!

katemonster2508

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm planning my first DLR trip and I couldn't be more excited!! I'm a WDW veteran and one of my favorite things to do is go character hunting. Does anyone have suggestions for great places to see characters besides the places they are advertised? I know this won't be the focus of my trip, but I always love finding characters in unexpected places!! TIA

By the floral entry when you enter the gates, Main Street, by the castle, across from the Celebration BBQ all in DL.
On the Hollywood Backlot, by the plane by Soarin', & up by Ariel's Grotto area in DCA.

Meet-n-Greets at Pixie Hollow, Princess Fantasy Faire, Tangled in Fantasyland, & Mater & Lighting McQueen (DCA).

There's also musical chairs at coke corner with Alice and the Mad Hatter. Is that around 2:30? I can't quite remember. We've seen characters along that side path to the castle by the wishing well. And if you just want to find them and not meet them, if you sit at the tables by Troubadour Tavern (by the PFF), you can see the new set of princesses come out to do their shift at PFF. They come from backstage right by the tables.

Forgot to mention, Pooh's Corner & we've seen Brer Bear & Brer Fox up by Splash Mtn.

Oh and we've also seen Woody and Jessie by TSMM and Buzz in Tomorrowland.

Just back from DL a few weeks ago. Saw the Evil Queen, Malificent? by the castle, on the right, by the Snow White and dwarf statues. There was only one other guest there. Sweet! She liked my shirt, she said, it had Darth Vader on it.

By Soarin', I saw Minnie Mouse dressed as an AVIATOR! I was shocked, I am obsessed with the characters wearing different outfits. :lmao: I love the Halloween costumes they wear for example.

One of my best character finds was at Epcot a few years back, it was during Flower and Garden, and it was Bugs weekend or something. Walked around a corner, and there was FRANCIS AND TUCK and ROLL! I have the photos to prove it; I never saw them before in the parks.... :banana:

By Soarin', I saw Minnie Mouse dressed as an AVIATOR! I was shocked, I am obsessed with the characters wearing different outfits. :lmao: I love the Halloween costumes they wear for example.

Last summer Minnie and Goofy took turn dressed as an aviator by Soaring. They were there early afternoon for may be 30 minutes each. The Queen of Heart, White Rabbit, Cruella de Vil, Gepetto and Pinocchio were on Main Street.

Toontown is awesome. You may also find Mulan and Mushu at the Pacific Wharf in DCA.

Just back from DL a few weeks ago. Saw the Evil Queen, Malificent? by the castle, on the right, by the Snow White and dwarf statues. There was only one other guest there. Sweet! She liked my shirt, she said, it had Darth Vader on it.

One of my best character finds was at Epcot a few years back, it was during Flower and Garden, and it was Bugs weekend or something. Walked around a corner, and there was FRANCIS AND TUCK and ROLL! I have the photos to prove it; I never saw them before in the parks.... :banana:

Those are all awesome! I think Aviator Minnie Mouse is essential to my life!! That mouse has more outfits than I could ever dream of!!

I'm especially jealous about Francis, Tuck and Roll!! My friend had heard of awesome characters being out that weekend, but no one had heard of that weekend this year. I just had to settle for Slim, Gypsy, Flick and Atta during Pixar weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter