DLR 2009 Season

sjkeiffer

Earning My Ears
Has anyone seen the 2009 DLR season dates (i.e. value, regular, peak). I have not been able to find them on the Disney web site. Also, what are the benefits of staying at one of the 3 disney hotel properties versus staying off-site? We are looking at driving to DLR potentially right after Memorial Day :) and thus will have a car but I have seen the posts on not to park at the parks because the time lost.

Thanks for the help.

If you are staying on site there is no need to drive as they are just as close/closer then the parking struture.

As for "seasons" i am not sure that disneyland has this like wdw.

I'm not sure what you mean by seasons. In general the hotels around there may be a little cheaper during some times of the year. If you had an annual pass, there are special rates you can get at the DLR hotels sometimes.

The people who don't like to drive to DLR are referring to staying off site somewhere too far to walk. If you stayed at one of the DLR hotels or in one across the street, you wouldn't have to drive to the park. We always stay in a hotel further away, so we drive and park.

I have never stayed on site so I can't say much on advantages to it. I have heard that you can get early entry magic mornings if you stay there on an early entry day. Regular 3 day park hoppers give you one. When I look at how much the DLR hotels cost compaired to others which might even be "nicer", I choose to stay off site.

Advantages, MM each day it's available, the ability to have purchases delivered to your room, sleeping inside the magic instead of just in a hotel room, being able to pin trade with CM's before you even get to the parks (if this is your thing).

That's really it. We have stayed at PPH and GCH, loved them both but with the frequency we go it's better for us to stay on Harbor or in our timeshare. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter