DLP with an almost 2 year old!??

mrsos

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We are thinking of going to DLP next April.. My little boy will be 1 year 11 months old. (Thinking free travel!!)
Do you think he's too young?
I know he'll not really appreciate it all.
Are there many rides for him to go on?
I know hubbie and i will love it, and we are not beach kinda holiday people.

Thanks for all you help!

Sarah

Hello mrsos and welcome to the DIS :wave:

I know hubbie and i will love it

I would say that this is the most important thing!! ;) And your son may not appreciate everything at DLP, but there will be loads of things that he will enjoy, and only a few rides he won't be able to do :goodvibes We took our eldest DD when she was 2 years and 4 month and she had a great time. BUT I wouldn't have gone on the trip just for her - selfish or not, the reason I go to Disney is for me!! :thumbsup2

Mine have been going to Disney since they were 15 months old and loved it. They may not remember it but we have the photos and the video that are lovely lasting memories.

There is a lot of rides you can all go on as well as shows and lots of Character interaction.DLP offers baby swap so you can both get to go on the thrill rides without having to queue twice :goodvibes :goodvibes

You will have a fantastic time:goodvibes

We took our son last october when he was 21 months old and he loved it. He surprised us actually as we thought he would be a bit apprehensive of the characters but he wasn't at all! There are plenty of rides for the little ones to go on and like one person said, they may not actually remember it all themselves but with plenty of photos they can look back and it will remind them. Lucas loves looking at the photos even now and we're going back in November and I know he'll remember where he is.

Tracy x

Hi Sarah and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

As others have said you'll have a wonderful time. Sometimes the sheer size of the characters can overwhelm some children. Take some time to enjoy the detail and you'll have some cracking memories :goodvibes

Hi Sarah

We have been taking our little boy since he was 5 months old, he is now 3 and he has thoroughly enjoyed himself everytime. The atmosphere is fabulous and is wonderful for all ages. You will all have a lovely time.

Lisa

we first went when ours where 4yrs and 1 yrs and they are now 6 and 2. Am sure this time will be even more exciting but aslong as you and hubby are enjoying it aswell then thats the main thing. :goodvibes

to be honest, i went when i was 6 and i only have a few (great) memories, and there was only a few more rides i could go on than a 2 year old.

i think you should go for it, i'm sure you will return when he is older and you can tell him lovely stories of his first visit with mum and dad.

plus, you guys will have a great time!

I haven't been yet to Paris but I did WDW this summer with a 4,3 year old and an 18 month old. I think the youngest enjoyed it the most. We are going to DLRP in March and we can't wait.
Everyone kept saying we were taking them too young but that's rubbish. There is plenty in the Disney parks for all ages. The characters are fantastic for them especially. They are now obsessed with all things Disney. My youngest is now 21 months and all he ever says is "Lightning, Nemo, Mickey, Minnie, Lightning, Pluto, Duck, Princess, Lightning, Nemo, Goofy, Lightning, Lightning, LIGHTNING, LIGHTNING!!!!!!!" (see my sig for pic. Note small child in my arms would NOT look at camera only at Lightning McQueen)
And yes go before they turn 2 for free or cheap travel! Thats why we went this year to WDW.
Take as many pictures as you can. It jogs the memory of my older kids. (and mine too!! lol :rotfl2: )

Thanks for all your tips!

We have decided we definatly are going to book DLP for April next year!!! so excited!

We're going to fly there so just wating for tickets to go on sale!
Air france is wanting to charge us £300 each!!!! so we'll wait and see what jet2 have to offer!!

Sarah

£300 each, crikey, we're going on wednesday with Air France and its £380 in total for all four of us including taxes.

Yes, you've got to book early. We paid just over £600 for 5 of us for Air France for next month booked at six months in advance, they now want over £1800 for the same flights. :scared1:

We booked at the 12 month window for next summer, got it for £417 for 5 of us so I'm well chuffed. :thumbsup2

Fingers crossed you get seats at a good price with jet2, Sarah. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter