DLP what a trip day one

Wexford

Earning My Ears
DLP with the child from hell

Cast Tracey (me) 28 big kid loves Disney Especially Pooh

Sam (sis in law) 32 new to Disney

Natalie(niece) 7 child from hell

The trip planning started back in February of this year 3days/4 nights at the Sequoia Lodge waiting in anticipation to see Natalies face light up with the sights and sound of Disney. How wrong could I be!!

Saturday September 14th

Well it was a first for me I wasn’t packed at least three weeks before hand, so up at 8.30am to begin after several cups of tea and a rather exciting letter for the National Lottery telling us we had achieved a grant from them for our little Squash club.
Today was just getting better me being excited about Disney like you do if though it only the French version.

Packed and ready to leave by midday I went and picked Sam and Nats up a started out leg of the journey to Heathrow.
I’m not used to driving on motorways (there are none in Suffolk just roads full of tractors and lorries)
But found it not too bad, we stopped at a little chef along the way for a bight to eat, nice food bloomin
Expensive though.

I had booked the Sheraton Skyline at Heathrow for our overnight stay, found Heathrow ok just needed
To find the hotel, not an easy task, we went the totally wrong way and ended up at terminal two, which was fine for a flight tomorrow so there I was in the wrong lane in a queue of traffic trying to reverse to get in the right lane, I wasn’t the only one though.

After much panic finally got the right road and found the hotel, talk about posh, doormen marble floors the lot and me in shorts and t-shirt
Cars unloaded and check in completed we made our way up to the room, which was very posh as well.
No mini bar but we had brought our own, we had a lovely view of the indoor swimming pool from our room, The room was quite spacious for a triple room with a little sofa in the corner.
Went back to my childhood and had to have a bounce up and down on the beds, well they didn’t belong to me did they.

We pottered around for a little while, were very amused with the speakers in the bathroom being able to listen to the tele while on the loo is certainly novel.
We were going to eat in the hotel but fish and chips £15.00 no way off to McDonalds a five minute walk down the road. Fed and watered back to the hotel for a few drinks in the room before turning in early as we had a Disney flight to catch at 9.15am.

Now Nats had been brilliant all day and I thought what a pleasure she is going to be, how wrong was I.

To be continued……..

LOL about the tractors and lorries - now we live in Suffolk to I know EXACTLY what you mean! LOL

Following Kaylee to Day 2...................

Well . . . . so far so good with "Nice Niece Natalie":D

Know what you mean about the price of food up at Heathrow - can you imagine what visitors from places like the States think:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Off to see what happens:o in the next one:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter