DLP What a trip day 5

Wexford

Earning My Ears
DLP with the child from hell

Cast Tracey (me) 28 big kid loves Disney Especially Pooh

Sam (sis in law) 32 new to Disney

Natalie (niece) 7 child from hell

Wednesday September 18th.

Well today was our final day at the parks. Our flight wasn’t until 8.00pm so we still had virtually a full day left. No breakfast today as Sam still wasn’t feeling to good, Nats won’t eat anyhow and I hadn’t packed.

So after a couple of cups of tea let the packing commence, we were finally out of the room at 10.45am.
I don’t think I described the room to you in the previous days so her we go.
Basically the room is themed as a mountain pine lodge, It had two double bed, table and two chairs, TV with only the Disney channel being in English. Bathroom with shower and bath and the sink just outside the bathroom with a huge mirror. The view from the room was of the pine trees and the smell is just refreshing.
The room was clean and tidy and big enough for us three, although I need of a bit of a refurb as the building are starting to look at bit worn. We did see when walking through another lodge some room in the process of refurbishing.
The lodges are a bit of a way from the main building where the bars and restaurants are.
If we would have stayed another day we would have eaten in one of the restaurants we would have eaten there, as they are themed very well and the huge skewers of meat we saw them serving up looked delicious.
We took our own kettle with us as they don’t have the facilities in the room and you could buy little cartons of milk from the hotel shop.

W e didn’t get to use the swimming pool, although it did look very nice. Basically time prevented us from taking swimming. I had planned to take Nats swimming after our day at the studios but plans went pear shaped theirs always next time though.

Anyhow I digress, we put our cases into storage and decided to take the bus to the park instead of walking, the bus drops you off outside the railway station and is still away to walk to the parks.
I much prefer the scenic walk.
Today again was fantastic weather, the plan was to do the parks until about 3.00am then grab some lunch and bit of last minute shopping before catching the shuttle back to the airport.

We all decided that we would stick to the Disneyland Park, as it would be better for Nat.
Nat was actually smiling today, so I asked her what was different about today and she replied well were going home later aren’t we. That’s it I give up the Disney magic just hasn’t worked.

We then did our favourite rides for me Space Mountain this time with the front seat. What a difference it makes to the ride, not so much of a brain rattler. Its brilliant especially as you’re waiting to launch on the hill as you can see straight in front of you rather than the backs of peoples heads and cars.
Its also really different going round the ride as you know you’ve got nothing in front of except pitch blackness and the when you reach the moon it’s quite a strange feeling.
I you can ever get the front seat on this ride go for it. DLP Space Mountain is totally different to the one in Florida a lot faster and you’re really strapped in and go upside down.

I then took Nats on the Orbitors which was a first for me, how uncomfortable not the easiest things to get in and out of. Then I think we did small world, Peter Pan, Pinocchio and then had a rest with a drink.
Whilst we were resting we were talking about what we still had to buy, Nat wanted a fleece and couldn’t decide which one she wanted so piped up that mum could buy her one and I could buy her one, so I explained to her I had already bought her a present and she replies so you shouldn’t have bought I then its rubbish anyway.

Could I win ?? Not by the looks of it.

Next up was Pirates and then for the final ride, two goes on Thunder Mountain.

The park was today again very quiet. The only rides I think we missed out on over the holiday were Dumbo, 45 min wait, Snow white (too scary for me), Haunted Mansion (again to scary for me)
Honey I shrunk (we don’t like mice), Star wars (no one wanted to do it) and the other things like Robinson tree house and the pirate boat as these were too boring I was told by Nat.
The rest I think we covered.

On the way out I just had to find the dragon underneath the castle so off we went in search and I found him, he was sleeping but then I think he spotted us and woke a up and gave a few roars and breathed smoke still nice to know he’s still there.

Well it was time to leave and I was a little bat sad at that thought and took one last glimpse of the castle while walking down Main Street and a last listen to the music.

Back up to the Disney Village for a spot of lunch at the Newyork Deli sandwich bar. Two egg mayonnaise sarnies with steak cut chips. The sarnies were huge the chips made a change from the thin fries.Nat again of course didn’t eat and then played up because we both had diet coke and she had coke and moaned until we got it changed.

Last minute bit of shopping I bought Tigger nightshirt with some really cool orange and black striped socks that came with it, Four mini snowglobes, boxers and socks for Max and some biscuits for the parents.

By this time it was getting of for 4.00pm a bit later than planned so our final stroll past Lake Disney and the scenic walk back to the hotel lobby.

We picked up our suitcases and I sat outside trying to fit all my purchases in, I put my breakables in my hand luggage as Ive seen how they chuck the suite cases on the plane.
We had about a 10min wait until the shuttle came and the journey to the airport took about 45mins.
Natalie was like a different child on the bus on the way back she was happy and excited, the only thing she was excited because she was going home, where as I was feeling a bit sad as it was back to reality for me.

We arrived at Charles de Gaulle terminal 2, which is absolutely huge, we found the UK Air France check in desk and check was painless. We then wandered through to airside and found a café to sit and have a drink in. The staff in the café couldn’t speak English so my broken French had to come out. We got what we ordered anyhow, this when Nat declared she was absolutely starving and could she have something to eat, I’m not surprised child you refused to eat for three days.

We stocked up on cheap ciggies and booze then went to our check in gate, where we found we had over an hours delay, which wasn’t to bad considering the flights to Heathrow after us were cancelled.
There was a Canadian couple on our flight who had a connecting flight at Heathrow to catch and they weren’t happy bunnies, they were very loud and made everyone aware they weren’t happy. It was like something you see on tele, but helped pass the time and was very amusing to watch.

We finally boarded the plane and off we go, we reached Heathrow in about ½ hr but couldn’t get a landing spot so we circled for about the same amount of time, its amazing how many people have got outdoor swimming pools near Heathrow (I had the window seat).

Once landed picked up our luggage and walked straight through customs, we caught a taxi back to the hotel to pick the car up and then the start of the long drive home.
I hate driving in the dark but the journey wasn’t too bad, apart form taking the wrong direction on the m25, instead of going home the way we came in we ended up going past Gatwick and through the Dartford tunnel, still we made it to the A12 then it was straight forward as short stop for some petrol and we were home just after 1.00am exhausted.

Well Tracey - thanks for writing the reports, at least you had a good time. I dont suppose the magic can work for us all, but you would expect a child to get something from it wouldn't you??

:) :) :)

Loved your shopping style - just soooooo me! :)

I had great fun reading all your reports, and boy how I admire your obvious patience. I think that I would have been beside myself with rage at young Nats antics. Perhaps sneaking her onto Space Mountain and leaving her there for the entire duration of your holiday may have done the trick!!!!!! LOL Carolyn:jester: :jester: :jester:

Sorry - there's only one Smilie which sums up Niece - :mad:

What a shame to have her along with you when you so enjoy it all. Hope it's not put you off having children - they're not all like it (well, not ALL the time, anyway;) ).

Loved the reports - not been to DLP yet but I can feel a little planning coming on:)

Natalie sounds like a little girl I know!!! - same name as well - hope she behaves when we go to DLP a week on Saturday - What time do the swimming pools in the hotels open/close? as she'll be really disappointed if we don't get to swim.

Sue

Hi Tracy :D
I see that you've said the flight was around 1/2 an hour.
When we go in June we leave Heathrow at 08.55, and arrive at CDG at 11.20, so thats nearly an hour and a half.
Is it generaly quicker than this ?

France is one hour ahead of us - I was still there this morning ;) - so a 1 1/2 flight with the time difference would seem to be 1/2 long I supppose. ie if you left Paris at 1.30pm local time you'd arrive here at 2pm local time (southern airports) you'd still be in the air for 1 1/2 hours though :)

Why didn't you just feed Natalie to the dragon? I just soooo admire your patience with her!

Actually I have a nephew from hell who would probably get on quite well with your niece - they are the same age. Last time I saw him he tried to poke out the eyes of my toddler with a stick, declared that our house was 'boring boring boring' and told me that I talked too much and was 'making him deaf'. He complained constantly about the food, moaned whenever we wanted to go out and cried if he was expected to walk for more than 5 minutes without being carried by his dad or given a lift in a car. He told my mother (his grandmother) that she was 'a stupid old woman.' The awful thing is that my brother (his dad) seems unable to see how rude he really is, and much of the time treated his comments like they were funny jokes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter