DLP What a trip day 3

Wexford

Earning My Ears
DLP with the child from hell

Cast Tracey (me) 28 big kid loves Disney Especially Pooh

Sam (sis in law) 32 new to Disney

Natalie (niece) 7 child from hell

Monday 16th September

After a wonderful nights sleep (I think the Gin helped a bit there) woke up to brilliant sunshine and today was my fist ever character breakfast how excited was I.
I had kept this as a surprise form the rest of the gang and told them that morning, this actually achieved a smile from Nat and Sam was well pleased.
We all got ready which was a timely process. The thing is I’m just used to me and Max on holiday and we can both get ready in a flash and we make the most of the day. So sat there drinking teas while the other two got ready. I never knew children were so picky in what they are going to wear, lesson learnt there for when I eventually spawn some sprogs.

Finally we left the room our breakfast was booked for 9.30am and after the leisurely stroll past Lake Disney and through the Disney Village we eventually arrived in the park at 9.15am.
The breakfast was to be taken in Walt’s restaurants so I handed my bits of paper in and we had about another 15 min wait before Family Dawson were called up to eat.
I love the Style of Walt’s all Oldie Worldie. There was fresh orange juice on the table with a basket of various rolls and croissants (mm the chocolate ones were the best) The waitress brought round fresh tea and coffee and you had the choice of a cooked breakfast, cold meats or fish?? As well as cereals and yoghurts.

We had just ordered our main breakfast when in walked Gideon (the cat from Pinocchio) .We were in a room with about 6-8 tables in it (there were other rooms) and all the children started getting excited, apart form you guessed it Nats she just sat there. I had given Nats her autograph book and pen but when Gideon came over she just didn’t want to know so I interacted with him shook his hand etc and got his autograph.
I was having a brilliant time but a that point my mobile phone rang I forgot Max was ringing me so I was obliged to answer it, I was in mid conversation when in walked Goofy he just pointed at me and shook his finger and then came to get the phone off me, well I was in hysterics Max must of wondered what on earth was going on. Fun and phone call over kisses from Goofy and photos and autographs our breakfast arrived which were ok not brilliant but I didn’t just come for the food.
Goofy was still in our room when in walked the other cat from Pinocchio (the one that looks really scary) and some of the younger children started to cry so Goofy pushed this cat out of the room and we all cheered.
The other characters we saw were Friar Tuck and Donald Duck’s uncle (I can’t remember his name).

I was a pleasure to see the other children in our breakfast room interacting with the characters, getting up to hug them pulling Goofys nose down so they could give him a kiss etc it mad me smile. So do you think Nat did that umm no surprisingly enough she just sat there an occasional smile passed her lips and at one point we were talking about something and she said I wish we hadn’t come to this breakfast its horrible and I want to go on some rides. A thankyou Auntie Tracey wouldn’t have gone a miss. Well at least Sam and I enjoyed ourselves.

Breakfast over with I was feeling a little bit down hearted so a trip on Space Mountain was needed.
After the crowd of yesterday I was expecting a horrendous wait but the stand by line was 5 mins so I got a fast pass and then queued in the stand by line. Sam took Nats on those Orbiter thingys while I rode the Brain rattler as I now call it.
I d forgotten how goo Space Mountain was and also how much you’re brain gets rattled around.
Brilliant ride I couldn’t wait to give it another go.
Met up with the others we had a walk round Discovery land then it was my Fastpass time for SM
This time I got the back seat which I brilliant but boy did my head hurt afterwards.

Time to move on into Fantasyland, Fastpassed obtained for Peter Pan (stand by line 45mins)
We did Small World, Carousel, Pinochio, and Alice in wonderland maze, Peter Pan.
Stopped for a quick drink then onto the Fairytale boat ride and Casey jnr train.
I don’t think ive forgotten anything

We then moved onto Adventure land where we did Pirates then I did Indy (5min wait).
I’m sure the last time I was at DLP 4 years ago Indy didn’t go backwards I may be wrong.
This is another brain rattler of a ride.
Walked through into Frontierland and got two fastpasses for Thunder mountain as Sam doesn’t do big rides. The big steamboat was just about to leave so we hopped on that and went for a lovely little trip on the river. Then it was time to use our fast passes. I love Thunder Mountain and for once Nats actually declared this ride was brilliant aha we have finally found a winner.

It was now time to start staking our places for the Parade so we grabbed some Fries and a drink from Casey’s and staked out our place. Nats still refused to eat anything. We definitely are the only nation to queue as whilst I was in Casey’s some foreign lady came and stood beside me ready to push in I was having none of it though she was withering on in some language at me but I just ignored her and when it was my turn I just gently elbowed her out of the way, that soon shut her up, I can shut picture her now she was quite short with huge round glasses looking up at me. The daft thing was her husband was just behind us queuing up properly.

Position for Parade found we waited in the glorious sunshine (it was hot enough for shorts and t shirts)
Then it started I stood up and was bopping about so was Sam. Nats just stood there with her arms folded and miserable face on. The parade stopped in front of us and Chip or Dale (can’t tell the diff)
Came over and stopped to dance with Nats but she flatly refused so I did instead and loved every minute of it.
The other children standing near us their little faces were such a heart-warming picture, Pluto also stopped in front of us and picked a little girl out to dance with her face was just one huge beam and after wards she went running back to her dad still beaming and so was he.
My little child no such reaction where did I go wrong.

I do love the parade even if it’s a little too short for my liking.

Next up Minnies surprise birthday show a welcome break form the heat. His show was really good the only off putting thing is the dialogue being in half Froggy language and half English. The French must have really long sentences as what was said in French was said in English in about three words.
The show lasted for about 20 mins and had lots of characters in it I really enjoyed it.

Next up another ride on Pirates in then another ride on Thunder Mountain, as the wait time was 5 mins.

We were all starting to flag to we decided to do some shopping. New soap dish and toothbrush holder acquired with Pooh Bear on not quite my bathroom colours but never mind.
Also bought a Pooh Bear oven glove for decoration purpose in my kitchen I think that was about it purchase wise for today.

We decided to eat in the Disney Village again at the Rainforest Café but there computers were down so weren’t able to allocate tables, so we ended up at Anettes Diner.

Anettes had a brilliant atmosphere, we were lucky and had one of the few waitresses on roller skates, they play the music form Greece and all the staff stop and dance on the counters brilliant entertainment value.
Myself and Sam both had a chicken sandwich with fries and Nats had chicken nuggets again but still refused to eat and wanted to go as soon as our food arrived, by this point her attitude was really getting to me and I had to bite my tongue. I did ask her did she really want to be here and she said no then just lolled over the table what fun!!.
The food at Anettes was good and very reasonable no room for dessert though. The kids meal here they got colouring book and crayons and the meal comes served on a Frisbee.
Time to head back to the hotel with, another lovely stroll back I asked Natalie if she wanted to go to the room or the bar she said the bar, lovely I was I need of a drink. We found some sofas to lounge in and were served by a lovely English girl Larger for Sam and a cocktail for me coke for Nats who once again just as we had got our drinks she wanted to go and played up.

My feet were really aching as we done so much walking, so I padded back to our room in my socks so my feet could breathe.

Another Gin in the room and it was time to rest my legs ready for tomorrow and hopefully a happier child.

Tomorrow DLP studios and going solo.

Me thinks you should have left NAtalie at home............

I am glad you are having fun :D

kaylee

I agree with Kaylee - what a shame Natalie didnt appreciate how lucky she was to be there! I am glad that you weren't letting it get to you Tracey - I think I would have been pulling my hair out (or hers!!!!) LOL

:( Errrmmmm, excuse me for asking, but did "Not Nice Niece Natalie's" mother not have anything to say to her:confused: :confused:

Glad you got on a good few rides today, though - remember, one was a success for NNNN;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter