DLP - solo and offsite?

readytogotodisney

DIS Veteran
I'm only just now researching a very short trip to DLP to end a European trip in Sept. The plan is to be in Paris from late PM on the 18th then midday on the 20th my DH will be going to Zurich for work and I was planning on flying home at that point.
But now I'm thinking of heading to DLP when he heads to Zurich. I'll only stay 1 night and hopefully get a late night flight home so I'll have most of the 2 days at DL.
Where should I stay that doesn't break the bank and I can use public transportation to/from the parks and airport?
Is that even possible?
Is the time that I have planned for DLP worth it?

I would say yes it is worth it.

You can get the train from central Paris direct to Disney, it has its own train station. I haven't done the journey but I have seen many posters who have, both here and on another Disney forum

Seeing as your time is so short, I would advise staying ONSITE, so that you get to use EMH and maximise your time in the park. I have stayed at Santa Fe solo before. Its the budget hotel but really its alot higher standard than normal budget hotels.

I have used http://magicalshuttle.co.uk/ on both my trips to DLP for transport to and from Charles De Gaulle airport. The journey takes approx 40 mins but I always leave over an hour to allow for traffic. They pick up at all the onsite hotels.

there are loads of budget hotels at val d'europe, which is one stop on the local RER train (ie less than 5 minutes journey time) from DLP train station. I like the TGV from DLP to CDG airport, it takes 10 minutes and can be as cheap as the VEA shuttle coach. You should book that at least 10 days in advance of travel for the best price.

Definitely worth it I would say. You should have time to check out both parks - if it were me I'd probably spend the first afternoon in the Studios, heading to the main park when the Studios shuts for Dreams. Then the second day in Disneyland park.

For just one night it will most likely be better value to stay at a partner hotel than an official Disney hotel (I really like Dream Castle - look for it on sites like travel republic/booking.com etc) or in val d'europe. i've also stayed at Kyriad, Explorers and Radisson (these are all partner hotels with shuttles to the parks) but I prefer Dream Castle to all of these personally. You may find Kyriad tends to be the cheapest, and it's fine if budget is your main consideration.

The train is very easy, I've done it many times. The stop for Disneyland is Marne La Vallee, and you can board the RER A line at Chatelet Les Halles, Nation or Gare de Lyon in central Paris to get to it. Check out this guide and map http://parisbytrain.com/eurodisney-rer-paris/

I would agree with DLP Daft that to maximise your time in the parks you should pre-book the TGV to Charles de Gaulle airport (assuming you're flying from CDG). It only takes 9 minutes to get from the Disney station to the airport using this mode of transport.

I've done this (solo trip for a day combined with -in my case- a business trip to Paris), and it's great fun, go for it!

The thing is, though, that hotel rooms for 1 are terribly expensive. So I stayed in Noisy-Champs, which is a suburb of Paris with a RER train station, it was a couple of stops from Disney (which was perfect). The hotel (Ibis) was a lot cheaper than in the Marne la Vallée Disney area, but I hated it there. The eastern suburbs of Paris (or at least, where I was) aren't very, hm, "nice". I didn't feel particularly safe there, alone as a woman (and I'm not a scared type of person).

But, like I said, DLP was great as always, so go for it and have fun! But spend a little extra on a touristy hotel near the magic :wizard:

If your staying off site I can recomend the Ibis hotel in Val d' Europe. Located opposit the train station and only one stop away from Disneyland. The train jouney is around 5 mins and you can get a room from around 50 euros a night.

I'll 2nd the Ibis at Val d4europe stayed there myself a couple of times.

Suzanne I can totally get where you are coming from re Noisy Champs not pleasant at all even in day time

I've stayed at the Magic Circus and Dream Castle solo but the Kyriad is also there and can be had for a lower price. Those hotels offer a free shuttle and it is almost like staying on property at Disney - very safe feel. As a frequent solo traveler I would probably also try the Ibis Val d' Europe but haven't yet stayed there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter