DLP- One day trip report.

Loving this thread. Great insight as we plan our trip for June 2016. Can you tall me about the photopass program at DLP? How does one purchase the package? Did you notice photographers stationed around the park like at MK?

I didn't look into the photo pass at DLP, I've never used the program before. For a one day trip, didn't seem worth it to me. Either way, I'm not even sure I saw any around the park! There weren't any with the characters I saw wandering around, nor with the characters that were at the villains party. We didn't take any pictures with any. I could be wrong but I really don't remember seeing any!!

What a great review. You got so much done!

We were in WDW this summer and while we had an amazing time, truly magical, it did make me realise how special MK is at DLP - I think it is much more beautiful than MK at WDW. There just seems more detail and I think many of the rides are much better - SM, BTM, Buzz, Peter Pan etc (such a shame you missed this as it really lovely), and the Castle upstairs is amazing too - again, shame it was closed. You'll just have to go back some day!

Glad you had a great time - shame you had a bad CS meal - they aren't that great on the whole at DLP - there are the odd gems like Colonel Haithis but it's the restaurants that tend to be better. Blue Lagoon is lovely so it's a shame you couldn't make the time, but understand if you're only there one day you need to make the most of it.

BTW, the female chipmunk is Clarice - she's the girlfriend of Chip and Dale - not sure which one - or both??

And I agree about the maze and teacups - Alice is my favourite character ever, well joint with Maleficent (I've never been lucky enough to meet Alice on our DLP trips but finally met her and the Mad Hatter at WDW this year at the Grand Floridian breakfast - was such fun!). Agree with Ms Poppins - when the lanterns are lit at night on the DLP teacups they look spectacular.

After the villains party we decided we'd head out of the park to go and buy return train tickets. We knew we'd have enough time to get back into the park and back to BTMM to use our FP! On our walk out we walked by town hall and came across DUFFY and SHELLIE MAE! I wanted to buy everything there but didn't.

I read that Duffy no longer meets at Epcot, but now they are selling Shellie May stuff. Maybe Duffy and Shellie Mae will come back and meet together somewhere?! I'd like that.

We got our train tickets and started our walk back fairly quickly. It was nice to walk back through the entrance not really rushing. Its so pretty!

We made our way over to BTMR for our FP. There weren't any more for the day so sadly it was our only ride on the wildest ride in the wilderness. I have to tell you, BTMR at DLP was AWESOME. The cool part about the ride is that it is on an ISLAND. Thats right an island. And you go underwater, in pitch black, to get to and from. It adds a scary element that you don't get at the MK version. We had a freaking blast.

After the ride it was getting close to 5pm which is when the second parade was, but Phantom Manor had a short wait and we were right there so we went for it. I love Haunted Mansion so I was really excited for this. Parts are the same like the buggy you ride in, and the pre-show room. The ride itself though was pretty different. It was definitely darker and more serious then HM. I missed the "grim grinning ghosts" song, it was only on for a second. The ride itself seemed longer and it looked incredible. It'd be tough to compare the two rides because I think they're different, but I loved them both!

View from the queue.

No interactive stuff :(

After the villains party we decided we'd head out of the park to go and buy return train tickets. We knew we'd have enough time to get back into the park and back to BTMM to use our FP! On our walk out we walked by town hall and came across DUFFY and SHELLIE MAE! I wanted to buy everything there but didn't.

I read that Duffy no longer meets at Epcot, but now they are selling Shellie May stuff. Maybe Duffy and Shellie Mae will come back and meet together somewhere?! I'd like that.

We got our train tickets and started our walk back fairly quickly. It was nice to walk back through the entrance not really rushing. Its so pretty!

We made our way over to BTMR for our FP. There weren't any more for the day so sadly it was our only ride on the wildest ride in the wilderness. I have to tell you, BTMR at DLP was AWESOME. The cool part about the ride is that it is on an ISLAND. Thats right an island. And you go underwater, in pitch black, to get to and from. It adds a scary element that you don't get at the MK version. We had a freaking blast.

After the ride it was getting close to 5pm which is when the second parade was, but Phantom Manor had a short wait and we were right there so we went for it. I love Haunted Mansion so I was really excited for this. Parts are the same like the buggy you ride in, and the pre-show room. The ride itself though was pretty different. It was definitely darker and more serious then HM. I missed the "grim grinning ghosts" song, it was only on for a second. The ride itself seemed longer and it looked incredible. It'd be tough to compare the two rides because I think they're different, but I loved them both!

View from the queue.

No interactive stuff :(

So after Phantom Manor we walked over to Main Street for the parade. In retrospect we should have done the parade and then PM to get a better viewing spot, but it is what it is. We were standing on Main Street and then decided to walk in the middle towards the hub area so we could have a decent view of the parade and the castle as well. It wasn't the best spot ever, but we were just happy to be there and take it in. A few pictures...

After the parade, DH wanted to ride SM again. I still wasn't feeling 100% but he said he didn't want to ride alone, so I said fine I'll give it another go. While were waiting in line (still posted 5 minutes), we were walking in the hallway and someone passed some serious gas. Between my stomach not feeling so hot and the smell, I thought I was going to be sick. We got to the seating area and I told DH I needed to take the chicken exit. The CM was like "you must ride!" and I said "I have already gone once today, I don't think i can handle it again!" and she said "as long as you've tried it" and showed me where to go. The exit area is all open so I could watch DH get in his seat and take off. He was happy to not wait in line alone, I was happy I didn't ride again, it worked out well.

After the ride we realized we needed to back to the other side of the park to check out the castle, Pirates and all of the halloween decorations!! Like I shared earlier, we couldn't walk through the castle display because it was closed. Bummer. A few pics around the castle:

So after the castle we went walking in search of the Aladdin walk through, "Le Passage Enchanté d'Aladdin." We could see the Adventureland area with the theming, but we kept walking and walking around trying to find the entrance. We had walked left instead of right, and if we had walked right, we would have found it. DH went to find a bathroom while we were walking and I sat in this quiet area, took off my shoes and relaxed. We were tired and my feet were KILLING me. Besides rides and lunch, we had been on our feet since 8am. I'm used to break time or swimming time while at WDW so it makes for a long day when you don't really take a break. I thought the theming was cool and the area was empty so I got to enjoy!

Finally DH came back and found the entrance! I thought this was so cool. Aladdin is a favorite so, enjoy! Its basically display cases with scenes from the movie.

After the walk-through, we wanted to walk back through adventure land to check out Pirates! We came across this fun picture spot.

How cool?!

The shock is real.

After wandering through Agrabah, we knew we needed to get over to Adventureland for Pirates! I have to say, the ride was really awesome. We waited 15 minutes I think. My picture for the queue area did not come out great unfortunately, but there was a lot to look at. This is the only picture that I could find that was good but it really doesn't do it justice: http://5kingdomsblog.com/wp-content/...dlp_line03.jpg

The ride was longer, the drop was bigger and there were more scenes. There were some duplicates from MK but I think it was nicer overall. We could have gone again if we had wanted to, but wanted to play outside on the rope bridges!

Our last stop was wandering around Frontierland through all of the Halloween decorations! It was starting to get dark and spooky!

By this time it was getting close to 8pm, park closing time. We had made no time for the shops, were exhausted and didn't feel like dealing with the crowds leaving the park. We decided just to wander the shops a little bit and skip the fireworks. We were bummed to miss them, but caught the train and back in the city for dinner by 9:45. We had another week of Paris and didn't want to be exhausted. A few shots on our way out of the park...

It was an absolutely amazing day at DLP. Thanks everyone for following along... and FIN.

Thank you so much for sharing. I haven't done DLP Halloween for a few years and really fancy it again now. Great pictures, and I now have a new desktop background of a view from the top of BTM pixiedust:

I'm sorry I've been away the last couple of weeks, its been very busy. I was hoping to come and check out the report but all the pictures are gone. Will they be put back in?

I'm sorry I've been away the last couple of weeks, its been very busy. I was hoping to come and check out the report but all the pictures are gone. Will they be put back in?

I'll have to figure out what the issue is.. but yes I hope so! I've never had this happen before.

I've just caught up on the ending - can't see the pics but just reading it I'm amazed by how much you managed to do in one day! :worship:

So glad you got to experience BTM and Pirates - two of my favourites and impressed you found the rope bridges! My kids love wandering around them but they're kind of hidden away so not easy to find if you're on a whirlwind tour.

Shame you missed Dreams - it's a wonderful show, but totally understand you must have been exhausted after everything you manage to fit in.

Thanks for sharing - i'll check back to see if you're photos have loaded :goodvibes

I guess I can only have so many views on the pictures without paying for my account... pictures should be back later this month for your viewing pleasure! I've never had this issue before!! We did cover a lot of ground, it was such a great day.

Wow I loved reading this, thanks for sharing! And your photos are great. We've been to DLRP a few times at Halloween but it looks like they've ramped it up this year - you looked like you had so much fun x

I'm happy to see the pictures back up. I just booked my vacation for next year at work and will be able to go at the exact time we want so now seeing these is making me impatient to go.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post them!!

YAY so glad they're back up!! i don't have a paid account so I can only have X views a month or something. Anyway, glad to hear my TR helped people planned their trip or live vicariously through me :)

Thanks for sharing this! While living in Europe, I did 3 fabulous DLP trips with my daughter and seeing your pictures and reading your TR brings back so many wonderful memories. Thank you!!

Fantastic thread. Thanks for sharing these pictures and the commentary. Very informative in helping me make my decision to go to DL Paris.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter