DLP - November !!!

tyke

Imagineer
I am planning a trip to DLP in late November and wondered what you thought of this deal.

2 Adults

Flights to CDG airport - £105.00

5 days/4 nights at the on-site Hotel Santa Fe including breakfast and park tickets for the duration of the stay - £292.00

I understand that the shuttle form the airport to DLP is approx £9.00 each way - £32.00

Total cost - £429.00 (£214.50 per person)

The price for the hotel/park tickets is booking direct with Disney online - would I be able to secure a cheaper deal through an agent !

Any comments !

PS - What can we expect of the weather and crowds at this time of the year !

Tyke

PS - What can we expect of the weather and crowds at this time of the year !

I visited in the 2nd week of november last year, the crowds were really light, virtually everything was a walk-on. You should have no problems, especially week days. Going on phantom manor completely by outselves at night was amazing!

As for the weather, you'll just have to hope your luck's in. We got rained on a few times but nothing that spoilt the holiday.

Hope it all goes well!

I thought I replied to this yesterday - the cost is very good. I'm looking at 4 nights at half-term flying from Newcastle and it is coming in at nearly £1000. That's for 2 adults and a 4 year old.

if it's not much extra, and I don't think it is, then I would consider moving to the Cheyenne. I really didn't like the look of the Santa Fe - it is really cheap and boxy looking. We thought the Cheyenne was really fun, and the theming worked really well.

bev

Hi

I got really cheap flights with Easyjet from Liverpool to CDG for Thirty-five pounds each return. I'm going from 13th-16th Nov. I got three nights for the price of two at the New York booking direct with Disney. They have three for two or four for three night deals from the middle of November. I don't know what the availability is now for these deals as I booked in June or July (can't remember!). It's worth asking them what deals they have for November as it's not a busy period. And the Christmas decorations will be up during the time we're going! Yippee!!:p

The cost is inclusive of the 'four for three nights' package.

I have checked the rates for the Cheyenne at £322 for the same deal - is the extra cost worth it !

I have also priced up for the Sequoia Lodge at £398 - which looks a much better hotel !

Any comments from those who have stayed at these properties !

Tyke

I very highly reccomend you upgrade to either Cheyenne or Sequioa Lodge. Although we have never stayed at Santa Fe before, our friends have and we have also had a look around the hotel. IMO the hotel looks like a motel and has all the cars parked around the outside, right in front of your room and the hotel's shop was very small and the restaurant looked fairly poor as well, plus there is the fact that it is a 15/20 minute walk to the parks.

Cheyenne sounds nice, and sounds like it has fantastic theming, but again it is going to be a long walk - 15-20 minutes, plus there is no swimming pool.

Sequioa Lodge is a really nice hotel and would be lovely in November with its roaring log fires and rustic theme.
Plus Sequioa Lodge has a great Indoor pool complex with a health suite - this is a lovely place to go and relax after a day at the parks - at santa fe/cheyenne you couldn't have this benefit. Also Sequioa Lodge is only 5-10 minutes walk from the parks and has nice rooms with mini-bar, bathroom, etc.

If you could splash out about £5/£10 a night more I would stay at Newport Bay - It is really elegant and the pool is wonderful. Also the rooms are bigger and there is room service. Newport is also about 10 minutes from the parks.

Obviously it is totally up to you but IMHO I would upgrade to any of the other DLP hotels.

Richard.

Just checking - but isn't there only room service and bigger rooms on the Admiral's floor at the Newport Bay which is more expensive again.

My vote would be either upgrade to Sequioa Lodge which is a very nice hotel, reasonable walk from the park and has the swimming pool, or stay put at the Santa Fe. The rooms and the public areas at this hotel are actually quite nice - much better than the outside impression gives you. IMHO the main benefit to the Cheyenne is the great theming which may or may not be of interest to you.

I would upgrade to the Cheyenne -it's only £30 - and in my opinion the Santa Fe just looked nasty - I just really didn't care for the layout and style of the buildings.

An extra £100 for the Sequioa is harder to say - the Seqoia is closer, although the back of the sequoia is not that much further than the Cheyenne - but £100 is a lot more money to spend.
Tough call.

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter