DLP had banned selfie sticks

tumblr_m98j7cHGcY1qbaj4uo1_400.gif

Great. I hate these sticks.

But I do not know how they will controll it.

Maybe confiscate them at the bag check?

I'd like to see them try - if they let people in with food which is written in their own park rules isn't allowed and people aren't stopped from smoking everywhere they like these selfie sticks are going to continue being used.

I'd like to see them try - if they let people in with food which is written in their own park rules isn't allowed and people aren't stopped from smoking everywhere they like these selfie sticks are going to continue being used.
I always thought you were allowed to take food into the parks, it was just picnic hampers which were frowned upon.

I'm happy that selfie sticks are banned and hope they enforce it - it is only a matter of time before someone is injured, after all, selfie sticks are metal poles... Also, I've seen photos that were taken with said sticks on rides such as Big Thunder Mountain - again, only a matter of time before someone makes a silly mistake holding it out at the wrong time resulting in it snapping and potentially causing a lot of damage. I almost had a selfie stick to the face at a wedding reception last month, so maybe I'm just bitter ;)

I'm going on my own next week, and will reliant on asking randomers to take photos with me in them. Hopefully Photopass photographers will make it to DLP soon.......

I'm going on my own next week, and will reliant on asking randomers to take photos with me in them. Hopefully Photopass photographers will make it to DLP soon.......
I was going to mention this in my post, it is a shame me & my boyfriend won't get too many pictures where we are both in them - I also hate asking strangers! Whenever a stranger asks me to take their photo I spend too long trying to get a good angle, good photo, multiple photos etc and then when I ask for them to take one in return I end up with half the background chopped out and half my head missing so I'm always left disappointed.

We will all have to do arm excersises to get longer arms before our trips!

I understand it's not coming into effect until July so you'll be fine for next week.

Well done, Disney, Smoking next please.

Looks like they're banned on JUST rides.... sure I saw something on Facebook this morning!

This at least CAN be controlled, and doesn't stop singles/couples being able to get decent photos around the rest of the park!

C x

Yes, my understanding is that they are banned on rides but not in the parks themselves. Seems like common sense...let's regulate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter