• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLP at Halloween

lainey

Mouseketeer
I know its a little early BUT
we are going to book DLP for Half Term and was just wondering what happens at Halloween....are there fireworks ? etc...
We wanted to book for 27th Oct - 31st Oct (leaving on 31st) but if something good happens on the 31st we will stay an extra night.
any advice will be MUCH appreciated
Elaine

On the 31st there is the Halloween Soiree in the evening, but you have to purchase seperate tickets for this. I believe last year other guests got to stay in the park but were unable to make use of any of the attractions without a ticket.
The evening ends with a firework display and every year they have a special show, although last years was just a combination of the various Halloween shows running throughout the day.
This thread might help you make a decision.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23001926#post23001926&highlight=halloween :)

yay...thanks for that Jill...looks like we will be staying on 31st:eek:
and its my 40th on 29th too so double celebration
many many thanks for that
Elaine:thumbsup2

i'm interested in going in the first two weeks of Oct- would love to be there for the 31st and the party but we'll do that another time. Whats it like earlier in the month?busy or not? do you still get all the extra halloween stuff?Oh and Whats the weather like in oct?
Thanks

I've posted my views on the Halloween party before - its manic if you have little ones in your group I really would not recommend it. Its very busy, very pushy and can be a bit overwhelming. I am really glad I did it and as an adult I loved the fancy dress costumes and ghost parade but you do not get to experience the park at its best due to the crowds. The queues to get into the park were crazy - lots of pushing and shoving and not very organised.

I'd take advantage of the Halloween themeing but not stay for the night of the 31st.

i'm interested in going in the first two weeks of Oct- would love to be there for the 31st and the party but we'll do that another time. Whats it like earlier in the month?busy or not? do you still get all the extra halloween stuff?Oh and Whats the weather like in oct?
Thanks

We went around the 4th October in 2004 for a couple of days and everything was in full swing then. :thumbsup2

Thats good :thumbsup2 - def think that Oct maybe better then September-have looked at a few TR and it doesnt look too busy or cold :rotfl:

We went around the 4th October in 2004 for a couple of days and everything was in full swing then. :thumbsup2

Hi, I am visiting DLRP the first week of October. Please can you tell me what the crowds were like when you were there - was it very busy and what sort of weather did you have?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter