• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLP-37th Birthday on my own

Ruthie25

Mouseketeer
Due to 2 unexpected days off work (shift pattern quirk) I have just booked 2 days at DLP on 23rd and 24th June. I'm going on my own as DH can't get time off at this short notice. on the 24th I turn 37.

This is my 17th trip to DLP (eek!) and I'm looking for ideas to make it special.

So far all I can think of is getting myself a birthday badge

Any other suggestions?

Ah you are great going on your own. I've never dared take the plunge. Have a great time. I'm sure someone will be there from the group to have as coffee x

how lovely! other than the birthday badge, you can also get a phonecall from mickey at city hall.
what about breakfast at cafe mickey? and a long leisurely coffee and cake at cafe Fantasia. and maybe a Glotini!

I'm soooo doing a solo DLP trip one day, when my daughter is old enough to stay home.
I love people-watching at DLP, and you'll have plenty of sunshine hopefully, to grab yourself a cold drink and watch the Disney world go by (my favourite spots are in Frontierland and on Main St). I'd watch the parades and shows a lot more on a solo trip too.

Ruthie, I recently had a few days on my own in Disneyland Resort California and I loved it. You can do anything you like including character dining, I got just as much interaction from characters as I would have with company. You get to ride the rides you want, when you want, and eat where and what you want. I wouldn't want to do it every Disney trip but will definitely do it again. Other guests and the CMs were so friendly - I always had someone to talk to when I wanted it but I also had as much quiet time as I cared for. Enjoy! :flower1:

I did a solo trip to WDW in March and it was fantastic. It was my first solo trip, I would love to take another one. And Happy Birthday in advance. I will be missing you by one day, I arrive the 25th, had we been there at the same time I would have offered you a birthday drink!

I did a solo trip to WDW in March and it was fantastic. It was my first solo trip, I would love to take another one. And Happy Birthday in advance. I will be missing you by one day, I arrive the 25th, had we been there at the same time I would have offered you a birthday drink!

Awwww shame I'll miss you! Thanks for all the encouragement, I'm considering Inventions for a treat on the evening I'm at the parks.

VERY jealous of your solo trip!! One day.....! lol

Although when we went last March, I was the only one wanting to go on any faster rides so I wandered off to do BTM on my own, and into the Studios to do ToT on my own - it was lovely! Enjoyed the rides, felt I could be as silly as I liked, and didn't feel like I was being rushed!

Do exactly what you want! I would!

C x

Have a wonderful time and don't forget to buy yourself something nice for your birthday :cake:- Sales start on the 24th so you will be there at the right time :goodvibes

Hope you have a great time and Happy birthday x I have done a solo day trip before and enjoyed it as others have said you are free to do what you want and eat what you want :)

Congratulations on your solo trip! Sounds fantastic! You could do a guided tour round one of the parks - really interesting. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter