DLH Question

PinkPrincess

Earning My Ears
I am sure they do, but does DLH standard rooms have a fridge and microwave??? We want to bring snackie things with us for DH and the kids, so hopefully we won't spend that much on food....
If not can I request these???

Whats the # I should call to request these before we arrive????​
[/
COLOR]

No microwave, and not sure if these are available upon request. They do have what they call 'electric coolers' instead of a refrigerator. I haven't seen one yet, but it sounded like a mini-fridge to me. Another poster stated theirs did not keep their food/drinks cold, but sounded like it was broken; other posters said it kept their stuff plenty cold. My only concern then was the size, as we want to keep milk in there for our boys. Sounds like a gallon-size container would not fit, but a half-gallon would, as well as fit other items with it.

The fridges are the normal small fridges that you get in most hotel room. There are no mircowaves but there is one in the little store area that we used. I'm not sure if you are suppose to use it but they never said anything to us. We drive and I always take our toaster for bagels, english muffins.

yup...no microwave, but there is a little mini fridge. it kept our water bottles & little juice boxes, and some apples/oranges cold. nice little thing to have, and to be able to bring them did save us some $. we packed a little ice chest w/snack type food & drinks, and just left it in our room. didn't pack anything that "needed" to be in a fridge, but put those that "would be nice cold" in there. :flower:

about the fridge in the hotel: you can easily just slide out the shelf in the middle for tall things. There is a little white plastic "drip tray" that sits on the shelf and I just put both things on the side and nothing has ever dripped. It keeps our stuff cold just fine and we always just pop over to the little bakery next to Goofys and get a couple of small milks for cereal and drinks for the kids. I don't care for soda so I alway bring a full sized pitcher and make iced tea and just slide out the shelf and it fits great!
Also you can call for a coffee maker and use that to make things like instant oatmeal in the room too. We always bring along some kinds of breakfast foods so the kids can eat while we shower and dress. They can't always wait for us and then the time it takes to get in the park and order so we found that breakfast is a great meal to do in the hotel. We still do a lot of eating in the park but we go to breakfast later or have lunch earlier and it saves a bit of money having that one meal in the room for the kids. By the time DH and I have finished our coffee drinking and are getting hungry, the kids are ready to eat again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter