(DLH Ques) Which would you do...?

Adam&Alex's Mom

Adam & Alex's Mom
OK... we decided to splurge a little on our DL vacation :cool1: ... we are staying at the DLH and want to do one of 2 things.... get 2 rooms (with a request for a connecting door) OR upgrade our one room to a concierge room... There are 5 of us... 3 adults and 2 children (both age 4). I have several reservations and need to cancel a few... :rolleyes1 but I am torn on what the better experience would be. This is our first trip to DL and I want it to be speacial. Which option would you select and why?

Thanks for the help! I don't know what I would do without all of your all's help / advice / experience!!

OK... so I thought I would bump this :) and tell you my thoughts:

1) The extra room would be extra space... two bathrooms... and 4 beds
2) Concierage would offer convenience.... drinks and snacks (we are planning on ordering Albertsons if we do not do concierage)... a dvd player and movies for the kids when we take our afternoon break...

So both options have def pros... I am just torn as to what would be the best option / experience.

Which would you pick?

Gracias!

I would pick the 2 rooms any day over the concierge. Basically, if you do Albertsons, that IS the same thing as concierge for a lot less money. Having 2 rooms would be nice -- kids can take a break in one room and the adults can have a break in the other. Not sure if the kids go to bed early but if they do, the 2 rooms will come in handy then too.

I guess to me it would depend on the bed configuration, and where everyone would sleep. We have numerous times done one room with 3 adults and 2 kids, and never had a problem, but we also throw a blanket on the floor for our already asleep DS. (Kids are two years apart, last trip they were 5 and 3). My guess is that concierge is cheaper then two rooms, and while the amenities are probably not worth the complete price, the overall experience is very nice. We have always gotten amazing treatment concierge, and love the snack options at varying times of day (as well as the soda and water to take to the parks). I would pick concierge, again, if you can arrange it so that everyone can sleep happy.

My thoughts on the sleeping are that it would be me and DH in one bed.... my Mom and possibly one DS4 in the other and one DS4 in a rollaway. The CM told me that the roll away is more comfortable then daybed.... anyone know if this is true?

Thanks!!!

My children, 6 and 8, always fight over who gets to sleep on the daybed. I've never heard a thing about it being uncomfortable.

The daybed is harder than the rollaway but both seem to be comfortable enough for kids. We have always gotten both with no extra charge and felt as though we had plenty of room. (My kids always fought over who got the daybed so we started asking for the rollaway and they are thrilled to each have their own spot.) When you get to your room, just call housekeeping and request the rollaway along with the coffee maker and any extra blankets, pillows, towels, that you might need. They are really nice and will be there right away.

Personally, I would skip the 2 rooms and the concierge and spend the extra money doing extra things like fantasmic balcony, great dinners like bb, character breakfasts (we love doing the plaza inn after our ee day) and love goofy's for dinner after a swim in the pool. 2 rooms is not necessary because you will be in the parks most of the time and concierge is really useless especially if you don't go back each eve for the snacks which hardly anyone does-lol. There is a bakery in the DLH by Goofy's that sells cereal in a bowl and milk and fruit and it is soooo easy to feed the kids breakfast while you get ready to go to the park and saves time and a ton of options through DTD both coming back to the hotel at night and on your way in the morning. How much is a water bottle worth anyway? We buy small ones and just refill them all through the day so it is easier to carry!

Unless you plan on being in your all the time I would skip concierge.
We stayed at DLH last year for our kids' first trip, we ordered safeway.com and the bellman brought it up. I'm glad we didn't do concierge, it would have been a big waste of money. We were in our room in the morning (ate cereal in the room) and came back to sleep.

Two bathrooms is waaaay more important than concierge. 5 people trying to get ready in the AM with one bathroom is tough!
I planned on giving the kids baths at night so just the 3 adults would have to take showers, but the kids fell asleep on the way back to the hotel or were just too sleepy.

I love concierge. With two 4 year olds you will be spending time in your room and you would enjoy going to the lounge for treats. On the other hand if you had 2 rooms it might be easier to get the kids to sleep while the adults stay up and visit, but I am always as tired as the kids at the end of a day in disneyland and I'm ready for bed when they are.

Well 14 years ago we stayed at DLH (DFather, DMother, Me (19), DSis(17), DSis(16). We drove down and stayed at Super 8 or Motel 6 with 2 rooms. So this was the first time we were all in the same room! I took the daybed, my sister's shared a bed and my parents the other. My youngest sister couldn't take my parents snoring and slept in the bathtub!:rotfl: I liked the daybed and I could sleep through the snoring as I shared a room with my parents all the way down to DL. My other sister woke me up with her sighing and huffing!

I would get the two rooms: 2 bathrooms, more beds and you can move the snoring people into one room!

I always pack snack foods, box of cereal and drink boxes in the luggage (then I have room for souviners). Order fresh fruit and milk for the room or make a stop at a grocery store.

The CM told me that the roll away is more comfortable then daybed.... anyone know if this is true?

Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

We didn't try the roll away so we weren't able to compare, but my then 13 yo dd had no complaints about the daybed and was perfectly comfortable.

We used both the daybed and roll away bed. Fortunately I didn't have to sleep on either one. But those who did had no complaints. My niece said the rollaway was more comfy than her bed at home.

Joeysmommy, I can't believe I've never seen anyone mention ordering groceries online and having them delivered. VERY smart. If I didn't do concierge but wanted to have the convenience of all that stuff without having to take the time to actually go to the grocery store...that would be an excellent way to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter