DLH Pool Cabana...share opinions please!

closetmickey

DIS Veteran
We will be at PPH 3 days this week and I just rented a 1/2 day cabana at the DLH so my 3 DD's could gain access and spend some time at that pool as well. I would love to hear from others about their thoughts and/or experiences to help me decide if it is really worth it! We have been fortunate to stay there before (w/o cabana) and have reserved it for our first afternoon, when we do not have park tickets, if that make a difference. Thanks!

We just rented a cabana for the afternoon a few weeks ago.
It was our fly day but the flight was bumped to later in the evening, so after check-out we left our bags with bell services, went to goofy's and then changed and headed to our cabana.
It was great!
The only downside was that everything was a bit dirty, the couches, the ground had food, and bits, and the curtains needed a good wash. But, I might be picky.
The fruit platter was a couple bananas, a couple apples, and some grapes.
The attendant was on the ball and the drinks were reordered and in front of us before the first one was finished.
All in all a good time. Would we do it again? Not sure.

We just did a full day cabana at the DLH last week. We really enjoyed it. It was so nice being able to just sit back and relax in the shade since it was hot. Nice not to have to worry about finding someplace to sit. One of the biggest perks is the safe. You can stow your valuables while you swim.

The fruit tray (which is really a basket) was unimpressive. Be sure to ask for a replacement if your fruit doesn't seem fresh (this happened to us once when we rented a cabana earlier). Our service was a little slow. I'd recommend if you're anywhere near wanting something else, order whenever you see your server. Having a frig is also nice. We brought some of our own drinks and food ordered from Von's, which made things a little less expensive. But we also ordered a few things from the server as well.

One of the favorite things we ordered was a bucket of ice. :) Nice to be able to add ice when you have your own drinks. They bring it in a nice silver bucket.

We didn't have any problems with things not being clean, but we had the full day so no one there before us.

I'd do it again.

We enjoyed our half day there last summer. We were staying at the PPH but wanted to try out the DLH pools. I'd do it again, especially on a day we didn't have park tickets.

Thanks for sharing, everyone. I'm sort of rationalizing the cost as a fee to use the pool at the DLH, and the cabana is just the added bonus!

Anyone know if the cabanas also take walk up reservations? I might be interested in renting one if I could book it the same day as I'm not positive yet what day would work best. We'll be at the DLH Oct 8-12th. TIA!

I can't say for sure, but on the day we were there, there were signs in front of the empty cabanas encouraging guests to ask about reserving them. Two of the four on the Monorail pool side were open, and I'm pretty sure at least a couple on the other side of the pool were open. I'd assume from the signs that you could rent them the same day if they were available.

By the way, be aware that if you rent a cabana, you are supposed to tip not only your server, but the cabana attendants. I wasn't really sure what they did, but I asked the server and she said they clean the cabana when you're done and can also get things for you. Ours offered sunscreen and also arranged for housekeeping to bring us a bucket of ice.

The server told us any cash we left in addition to whatever we signed to our room on the food bill would be split up appropriately between the attendants and others who brought things to the cabana.

We tipped them $10, but I wasn't really sure what was appropriate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter