• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLH or GCH for One Bedroom Suite?

4evrdisney

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm new to the boards - what a great place! My family is headed to DL this fall with our 2 small kids. Our youngest will only be 13 months so we would like to stay onsite at DLH or GCH to be close for naps and rest time. We would like to book a one bedroom suite so that we can stay up later than the children.

Our only question left is DLH or GCH? We are inclined to stay at GCH because it is newer and we think our oldest would love the pool. But, does anyone have an opinion? Has any one done a one bedroom suite at either? How are the one bedroom suites? We discovered you cannot get one on the concierge level and we are wondering how nice the views are . . . ?

Any insights would be wonderful!!

Definitely the GC if cost is not an issue. We also have very young ones and it is SO much easier to walk out the door of the parks and be at your hotel. We just love the GC!! Also, the decore is very nice and a bit fancier, so you feel even more special.

The theming is better at the DLH, but it is not worth the walk. Don't get me wrong, we do LOVE the DLH too. It is our #2 choice for sure.

Enjoy every moment!

Thanks so much! That was our thought - maybe when our kids are older it won't be so important to stay so close? But, it seems so convenient to stay right there.

You should be able to add conceirge service to any suite. We are doing a 2 bedroom suite at DLH in a few weeks and have conceirge service added to our room.

We have stayed in a one bedroom suite at the Grand. If you want to add concierge, it will cost you $150.00 a night at check-in. Also, the suites are scattered throughout the hotel, so you most likely will end up on a level without the Craftsman Club (which means more walking, but completly doable). If you do book a suite, be as specific as you can regarding your view preference. It will help you get a better location!

We stayed in a one bedroom suite at the GC in March 2007. :) It had a king size bed in the bedroom and a pull out sofa in the family room area. It had a small fridge under a bar sink. Flat screen TV's in both the family room and the bedroom. I want to say that it was called the Artisan King Suite C. I think there are only 3 or 4 of those type in the hotel.

Most of the suites have two queen beds in the bedrooms. We did not have concierge.

If you have any other questions, I would be happy to answer them.

Does anyone know what the best view to ask for is? Is there a good part of the hotel to request to avoid the construction I've been hearing about? Is it easy to get to the concierge/club level - or does it require more than just an elevator ride?

Not sure what view is best to ask for, someone else may know. I personally went for DTD/Theme Park view. At the GC, I would think it would depend on what view you had and where the suite was in the hotel compared to where the club is. I don't think it would be that inconvenient.

The lounge is on the 6th floor. All you need to do is take the main elevators up. There are 2 concierge desks that you will see when you exit the elevators. The staff usually acknowledges your presence as you walk by and then you just use your room key to access the Craftsman Club.

We just returned from a stay at the Grand. We had a view of Grizzly River Run. We neither saw nor heard any construction. Having said that, I would probably not request that view if you are getting a suite with concierge. The walk would be farther to the Club. I would go for a theme park/pool view room. I can give you room numbers if you would like. The suites are in the middle of the section that connects the two outer wings surronding the pool. In other words, the center of the straight line U around the pool. I'm sure I am making the description more confusing than necessary! You can see the pool and Paradise Pier from these locations. The staff considers it arguably the best view.

I would also request the highest floor available. The corner suites near the pool and Paradise are my favorite. They say they are the same square footage but they feel much larger. They only have King size beds so the configuration usually doesn't work for my family.

It sounds like you'll have a great vacation wherever you decide to stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter