DLH Help please...

PinkPrincess

Earning My Ears
Need help.. We are staying at DLH, we are getting 2 rooms, 4 people in each room. We already requested adjoining rooms, & fridge

Do we need to request a coffe pot???
Also is there a part of the hotel that is better or better view that I should request????

If you have made special requests before, have they always been met? Would it be ok to call the hotel a week or so in advance and remind them again of our request??​

Is it adjoining rooms you want or connecting rooms? Adjoining rooms will get you two rooms next to one another. Connecting rooms will get you two rooms next to one another with a door connecting the two.

I don't know how DLH views the two terms, but many Anaheim hotels differentiate so be aware of that.

I would call about a week before you arrive to make sure that you did receive your requests. Also you need to ask for everything such as coffee pot etc. I always get a view room I like the pool side. Disney Hotel I belive tries to get you what you request. I love going there. :firefight

I have stayed in all three towers. When you get a connecting room, which I believe we said adjoining and were fine, but the rooms were smaller to me than the rooms with the daybed. so I always ask for my daybed. It is nice and peaceful to be in the tower near the falls, however you have to walk further to everything. the tower with the checkin is alright. I think I prefer the one that actually faces downtown disny, only I would request a pool view, tooooooo noisy otherwise. I don't do coffee, but it seems to me there is a coffeee machine. . .

You have picked a wonderful hotel! You will love it!

The rooms come with a fridge in the tv cabinet. I have never had a room that did not have a fridge. They do NOT come with a coffeemaker, but I have learned here you can request one. Wish I had known that before! But they probably want you to order coffee from room service in the morning. ;)

The advice about adjoining and connecting is correct, so make sure you go back and make that clear.

As for the location...thats a hard one. There are three towers. The main tower is the Marina Tower and is where the checkin desk, shops, Goofy's Kitchen and the Bell Desk are all located. This is my favorite tower personally as it is just so convenient. It has pool views and "city" or parking lot views. The Sierra Tower is the closest to Disneyland by a half block maybe? It has the best views, with either a park view or a pool view. I think this tower is noisier though and so I dont like it for that reason. The Bonita Tower is the quietest and most peaceful. This is where the waterfalls are and it has a very magical feeling. However it is far and away the furthest away from the parks and it kinda has a view of the pool if you are up high enough and the back is kind of a view of a backstage area I guess. This tower is my second favorite even if it is less convenient.

Mary Jo has a great thread here that should answer any question you can think of here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=8295554#post8295554

:thumbsup2

About the coffee pot, I have requested a coffee pot when I called for reservations the last 5 times we went and only once has it been in the room when we got there. When you get to the room just call housekeeping and they'll bring one up right away. Also, if you want room service, try to call them at off times and order ahead. They tend to get busy and you won't be able to get through. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter