DLH at 400.00 a night

Our family is frugal so we'd never pay $400/night to stay at the DLH. (My grandma would have whipped us with a wet noodle to pay that much for a hotel room!) That said, the hotel is rated 4 diamonds by AAA so you can be sure that it's better than your typical Best Western by a long ways.

I second renting points for a stay at the Grand Californian from a Disney Vacation Club owner or a company who rents out points.

Ya that would be a option, but i have not rented points and Its like sky diving to me, ya its safe, but just something i would not like to do.:rotfl2:

I think I have to make a stand now, a commitment to my life long dream of staying at DLH. 2014 I will plan on GC, maybe even rent points:rotfl2:, actually i should look into buying some!

I have stayed at the DLH and PPH (never at GCH) and personally, do not find it worth the money. The rooms are typical smaller rooms. About the same size as Hilton. We prefer staying at Residence Inn, mainly because we get a room 2.5 times the size of the DLH. We like our space.

For me, I will only stay onsite if I can help it. I am FAR from rich but I would find a way to pay the amount to stay at a disney hotel because A) I only go every few years, so I want each trip to be perfect; and B) I want to be as immersed in Disney as possible, and staying onsite is the best way to go.

GCH is my favorite purely because of the lobby and the Downtown Disney view with balcony (most DLH rooms have no balcony.) I absolutely love sitting on the balcony and people watch, listen to live music, and usually you can see fireworks from those rooms. It's also fun to see DTD "wake up" each morning. It gets you really excited.

The only problem with the DTD view is that it's even MORE expensive than the regular rooms. I have difficulty when I think about the money, BUT when I realize the enjoyment and memory building I will get out of that money because of that hotel, I feel better about it. I only have so many trips to Disneyland in my life, especially while my kids are young, so why not make it as amazing as I can?

If you feel that a Disney hotel will add to your enjoyment and memory building, and you find all things Disney magical, I would go for it :)

If you're going in the summer, and plan on entering the park @ opening, I would refrain from entering via Monorail. A small line there can take some time to transport to the park. The DLH is a VERY short walk to the main gates and seeing Main Street upon entering is much moe magical than seeing Tomorrowland when entering ;-)

We have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel twice and while we absolutely loved it (we got awesome deals) I don't think we would do it again. We just didn't spend that much time at the hotel and we can take the extra money we didn't spend on the room and have a lot more fun in the parks. :) But everyone is different, some people have the money, we just have to be a little more picky where we spend ours.

We have stayed at all the hotels several times and I wouldn't pay that much for the DLH. I might consider it for the GCH. I second the thought of renting points. We have DVC points and have rented them a few times. You can find legit people that are wanting to spend their vacation time somewhere else one year and just want to rent their points instead. Plus you still have a lot of time. Look into it.

Ya that would be a option, but i have not rented points and Its like sky diving to me, ya its safe, but just something i would not like to do.:rotfl2:

omg, best.quote.ever.

It totally sums up how I feel about the points - I want to try it but I'm nervous at the same time.

Have you ever bought something off eBay? Renting DVC points is a lot safer than that.

omg, best.quote.ever.

It totally sums up how I feel about the points - I want to try it but I'm nervous at the same time.

There are reputable companies that guarantee your transaction. No reason to be nervous. Knowledge is power.

My take:

I try to save as much money as possible on my Disney trips without compromising my comfort and enjoyment. I often go to WDW where a room at a moderate resort costs around $190 a night. I can often rent DVC points and stay at a deluxe resort for around the same amount.

Paying $400 a night to stay onsite at Disneyland kills me...BUT- I have stayed off site and when I do it kills the magic for me. It makes the trip seem like a series of "visits" to an amusement park as opposed to a magical vacation.
There is nothing wrong with the rooms off site, in fact they are often larger and can offer more amenities ( fridge and microwave)...but my WDW vacations allow me to never leave the Disney bubble and I have found that this is a very large reason WHY I enjoy my stays there.
Since my DL vacations are shorter, I suck it up and pay to stay onsite. Though I really think that it is the worst price gouging that Disney has come up with.

PS- I did a split stay this trip and rented DVC points for my stay at GC, but they are harder to come by than rooms at WDW where there are many DVC rentals to choose from.

My take:

I try to save as much money as possible on my Disney trips without compromising my comfort and enjoyment. I often go to WDW where a room at a moderate resort costs around $190 a night. I can often rent DVC points and stay at a deluxe resort for around the same amount.

Paying $400 a night to stay onsite at Disneyland kills me...BUT- I have stayed off site and when I do it kills the magic for me. It makes the trip seem like a series of "visits" to an amusement park as opposed to a magical vacation.
There is nothing wrong with the rooms off site, in fact they are often larger and can offer more amenities ( fridge and microwave)...but my WDW vacations allow me to never leave the Disney bubble and I have found that this is a very large reason WHY I enjoy my stays there.
Since my DL vacations are shorter, I suck it up and pay to stay onsite. Though I really think that it is the worst price gouging that Disney has come up with.

PS- I did a split stay this trip and rented DVC points for my stay at GC, but they are harder to come by than rooms at WDW where there are many DVC rentals to choose from.

That Is my opinion as well staying off site for me just kills the Disney experience, we stay just outside Anaheim in Buena park, i try to save a few bucks. Never again, not that our places was that bad, but staying on site, is the only way to go for us. I will snoop around with renting/buying points, see what the prices are, i will still go with DLH at the end of the day more then likely

We stay at the DLH or we won't go, it is that simple. We have stayed at three of the Good-Neighbor motels over the last seven years and were not impressed. We have stayed at all the towers at the DLH and always have been pleased with our rooms and ammentities. The CMs at the DLH have always been very helpful and professional. Take all that and add in all the extras you get with being a disney guest, why go elsewhere? We budget for our trips to DL and we budget for the DisneyLand Hotel. Finally, the DLH is a resort and we treat it that way. Enjoying everything that is available.....:cool1::cool1::):):cool2::cool2:

We stay at the DLH or we won't go, it is that simple. We have stayed at three of the Good-Neighbor motels over the last seven years and were not impressed. We have stayed at all the towers at the DLH and always have been pleased with our rooms and ammentities. The CMs at the DLH have always been very helpful and professional. Take all that and add in all the extras you get with being a disney guest, why go elsewhere? We budget for our trips to DL and we budget for the DisneyLand Hotel. Finally, the DLH is a resort and we treat it that way. Enjoying everything that is available.....:cool1::cool1::):):cool2::cool2:

Everyone's mileage may vary, but we really liked the Howard Johnson's Anaheim.

We enjoy staying at the Candy Cane Inn. The staff is awesome. We love eating breakfast by the pool and chatting with Ed. I believe he has been at Disneyland since the 1960s. My daughter loves to compare pins with him and I like chatting about the history of Disneyland.

Never seen one *guarantee* the transaction - link?

Dave's ...

I accept Visa and Mastercard as well as PayPal with no additional processing fees. All payment transactions are GUARANTEED. If your request can not be fulfilled, you will be given the opportunity to book available rooms/resorts. If they are not satisfactory to you, your $91.00 partial payment is refunded.

Although to your point, it's your money that is guaranteed, and not the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter