• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLH Afternoon High Tea reviews

socababy

DIS Veteran
I'd love to hear about anyone's experience with the DLH Afternoon Tea! Just booked a reservation for my daughter's 9th bday, well the week before. Those October dates are going fast! Must be because of the Halloween theming.

Yes, they are selling out fast. I've done the tea and loved it. My younger daughter is picky and although she is an adult, she got the child's tea and she really loved it. (She added the glass of Fairy Tale for her.) She loved the kid's chocolate chip scone in the shape of a mickey head!!

I thought it was fabulous! I was there with 2 girlfriends back in Feb. Wonderful service, excellent food. We were able to make substitutions for items we didn't like or in the case of my vegetarian friend, don't eat. We were all very happy!

Thanks for your kind words. :)

If I remember correctly, the sparkling wine was 1 glass per person, and the tea is unlimited.

Oh my gosh, I can't wait to have Granddaughter's to do this with. You make it look awesome!

My (adult) daughter and I did this a few months ago and it was wonderful! Going to High Tea at nice hotels is our special thing together. This did not disappoint. Really nice service, great food. The restaurant is quite pretty too. Overall, fantastic experience.

The Halloween Tea looks terrific. If you can get in to that, go for it! Enjoy!

I thought it was fabulous! I was there with 2 girlfriends back in Feb. Wonderful service, excellent food. We were able to make substitutions for items we didn't like or in the case of my vegetarian friend, don't eat. We were all very happy!
What did your veg friend eat during the sandwiches portion?

Just a note to anyone looking for a traditional, authentic English afternoon tea: while the afternoon tea at S55 is fun and the service is wonderful, this is a very Americanized experience. Nothing wrong with that, but it helps to know ahead of time what to expect. Also, my friend said the GF tea offering is delicious. Our server was fully informed about the GF items and was very careful about cross contamination issues.

My DD and I had the afternoon tea last week. The atmosphere was very nice but the service was not the best we had. Based on our other tea experiences, tea servers would explain the tea and the food but our server just dropped the food off on our table - she even forgot to bring cream until we reminded her. We did notice that there were other servers that were explaining the teas etc to their tables and providing a more enriching experience. So, we were abit disappointed that our service was not what we expected but we still had a good time.

My DD and I had the afternoon tea last week. The atmosphere was very nice but the service was not the best we had. Based on our other tea experiences, tea servers would explain the tea and the food but our server just dropped the food off on our table - she even forgot to bring cream until we reminded her. We did notice that there were other servers that were explaining the teas etc to their tables and providing a more enriching experience. So, we were abit disappointed that our service was not what we expected but we still had a good time.

Perhaps we had the same server? My sister and I went to the High Tea only a few weeks after it started and we were very disappointed. Despite that there was only 10 groups in the restaurant, the service was incredibly slow. We had to chase our server up time and time again to bring our tea, our food, our bill (each time we waited 10 minutes or more before following up) We were never checked on to see if we needed anything, our server seemed very bored (when she was there) and she never explained the tea options to us (we also heard other servers explaining the choices and giving their "favourites" The food was passable but nothing amazing. We probably wouldn't go back.

Perhaps we had the same server? My sister and I went to the High Tea only a few weeks after it started and we were very disappointed. Despite that there was only 10 groups in the restaurant, the service was incredibly slow. We had to chase our server up time and time again to bring our tea, our food, our bill (each time we waited 10 minutes or more before following up) We were never checked on to see if we needed anything, our server seemed very bored (when she was there) and she never explained the tea options to us (we also heard other servers explaining the choices and giving their "favourites" The food was passable but nothing amazing. We probably wouldn't go back.

When we were there, it wasn't very busy - there were only about 7 tables. I guess that it was the luck of the draw when it came to the servers. The other ones that we saw were very knowledgeble and engaging. We have been to many teas and just expected more from Disney. We would probably not go back either.

... The food was passable but nothing amazing. We probably wouldn't go back.

Totally agree about this. The sandwich bread was stale (clearly cut much earlier and left out) and the scones were tough (overworked dough) and still wet in the middle. For the price S55 is charging, we can get a much better afternoon tea other places. On a bright note, our server was terrific.

Totally agree about this. The sandwich bread was stale (clearly cut much earlier and left out) and the scones were tough (overworked dough) and still wet in the middle. For the price S55 is charging, we can get a much better afternoon tea other places. On a bright note, our server was terrific.
Wow! For what they are charging, you should have complained, just as if you were served stale or undercooked food in any restaurant.

Oh yikes. Now I'm not sure I want to spend the money. I'd love to hear others' experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter