DL with Young Toddlers??

my 2.5yo just loved disneyland. our favorites:

DCA
monsters inc (We love the movie)
the redwood creek challenge area (they LOVED this)
brother bear totem ceremony in the redwood area
carousel
sitting on the pier eating ice cream from "catch a wave" watching "California screamin" riders launch. seriously, both my kids loved this.
the parade!!!!!!!!

Disneyland
winnie the pooh
buzz lightyear
mr toad
dumbo (dont go if the line is extending out of the normal area)
alice in wonderland
carousel
storybook canals
haunted mansion*
pirates lair on tom sawyer island
enchanted tiki room**
tarzan treehouse
they loved the parade!!!!! we found some nice people who let my kids sit on the bench wit hthem. they talked to them and interacted with my kids and were awesome. and i am not one to let my kids play with strangers.

we had a peg perego p3 stroller which has a seat and a standing board. my younger child usually sat and my older one rode on back. if they fought i switched them around. there is stroller parking everywhere. you will be fine!!!

*we have the "disneyland fun" dvd which features the haunted mansion at DLR and my kids have boon obsessed for 2 years. we watched the youtube.com ridethrough and this was a dream come true for them. when anyone asks him his favorite part of disneyland he says "i like de spooky haunted mansion n de statues sing 'gimginningghos comeout soshaliiiiiize'" which i have to translate as "he liked the haunted mansion, where the statues sing "grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize."

**my son somehow fell in love with the masks on the youtube ridethroughs. he STILL asks to see the masks every night.

do a few youtube ridethroughs and talk about the rides. you can get a feel for what will be ok and what will not. my daughter had a bad experience on peter pan, i guess, so we cannot ride it. i did a youtube ridethrough of snow white and she refused to ride that as well. i had to use some major jedi mind trick to get her on mr toad, but afterward she yelled "i LOVED that ride!!!!!!!!" so i guess it was ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter