DL-Universal-Knott's Berry

heybets30

Mouseketeer
We've been to all three. We go to DL twice a year from Chicago, so we thought we'd shake it up a bit for the kids. Last year, we bought one of the City or GO Cards, which included DL 3 days and Universal add-on. it looks like they have completely made those two parks impossible to get on the same card now, correct? That was a great option - go to Universal during the day, then DL at night.

Anyway, Kids are 7 & 9. 9-year old LOVES coasters, 7 year old a bit more timid - went on EVERYTHING at Universal except Jurassic Park (Was closed), and Mummy rides. Harry Potter wasn't opened when we went.

Trying to decide - do we do all 3 parks in the week (Oct 3-7), or just DL and one other.

Can anyone give pros/cons to Knott's berry for 7-year olds who don't love roller coasters? If we have to pick just Universal or Knott's Berry, trying to decide which one.

Thanks.

Huff - thanks for the reminder about Ares! I am holding a HoJos reservation using the mousesavers code ... didn't think to look further about combining tickets in any way! Awesome reminder!!

There are things for those who don't enjoy roller coasters. There is a child friendly area called Camp Snoopy, but 7 years old may be too old for it. It's been so long since I've been there, I can't remember if it was only for very young children or not. I don't like roller coasters, but I've enjoyed the stage coach ride, the train robbery ride and the haunted shack. There are plenty of things are walk through. There used to be a go back in time ride with dinosaurs, but I think it was removed for something else. Typing this makes me realize how long it's been since I've gone there. I may need to visit it soon, lol.

Do your kids like Harry Potter? If they do, I'd go with that and plan on Knott's another time. Knott's has some fun/nostalgic stuff to it, but it can be quite a let down from Disneyland. If you decide to go to Knott's maybe do that before going to the Disney parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter