DL tickets now have names printed on them

Forgive me if I missed this info already in the thread, I did try to look for it, but are they now checking the ID of each adult as they enter the park to make sure it matches the name on the back of the ticket? :confused3

I have a friend who actually gave me two 1-day park hopper tickets that she isn't going to use. She doesn't live in the US and wasn't going to be able to get back to DL to use them, so rather then having them go to waste she gave them to me and my husband as an anniversary present to use next month. We just noticed it does in fact have her name on the back.

Does this mean we are out of luck and won't be able to use them??? :guilty:

the irony is that i can actually see how people with scalped tickets may pump more money into disney and anaheim (and for the record before i get lectured again,we paid full price for our tickets\season pass). curious to see if disney will continue to enforce their policy (as someone said before they enforced it more in 98 and 05). at any rate, this is a disney lovers board and i am part of that group! if i were a dis shareholder i would enforce that policy during busy times and not enforce during the off season, so they can make their max money and put it into the park (maybe a seal team 6 ride or restaurant or movie).

ot: to dis stockholders, do they use a metric such as $ spent per visitor?
There were many responses to your post and only one person wrote something that might possibly be taken as a "lecture". Not bad for someone who wrote something like you did which invited pointed responses.

This is the second post where you have gotten self-righteous on us as if everyone was attacking you. I would suggest you drop it and move on.

:cool2:

at any rate, this is a disney lovers board and i am part of that group! if i were a dis shareholder i would enforce that policy during busy times and not enforce during the off season, so they can make their max money and put it into the park (maybe a seal team 6 ride or restaurant or movie).
Haven't you heard, there is no off season anymore......:rolleyes1

One of my former co workers bought the "cheap tix". He had to be at the park at a certain time each day to both drop off and pick up his tickets. It just surprised me that security never got involved since they know these sorts of transactions are happening.

So true. Do a search right now for Disneyland tickets on Los Angeles Criaglist. You will see over 600 listings!

A few years ago I actually looked into ticket deals on Craigslist when we first began visiting DLR on a regularly basis. I contacted several listings on Craigslist who were advertising discount tickets. What I discovered is an underground business of tickets scalping going on where these people buy multi-day passes and resell them as individual single day tickets. I first knew it sounded fishy when those sellers wanted to meet me outside the gate in the morning to "loan" me the ticket and they would meet after park closing to "collect" the ticket back. After talking to a few of these creepy folks, I decided it just wrong to be supporting this type of ticket activity. Plus the last thing I need is to worry about is whether our tickets are valid when we are on a family vacation.

I applaud DLR for enforcing the use of multi-day tickets. Hopefully this will cut down on some of the unruly people in the parks too :thumbsup2

Oh lordy, no finger scanners. They have those at Sea World San Diego. My friends daughter's finger would not scan. It was a half hour fiasco. I hate them.

I fogot too, since her finger wouldn't scan, they were INSISTING upon her ID, well her mother PAID for the ticket on her credt card, not her... She was 16 at the time and wasn't driving, didn't have her ID, left it in the room... Because we were at Seaworld with her mother... And she left her valuables in the safe in the hotel room. She was 16... Not an adult. We had to go talk to management. OMG.

This was the first time and only time I went to dirty dirty Sea World.

It was a horrible experience. Finger scanners. I hate them. (And Sea World too...)

Forgive me if I missed this info already in the thread, I did try to look for it, but are they now checking the ID of each adult as they enter the park to make sure it matches the name on the back of the ticket? :confused3

I have a friend who actually gave me two 1-day park hopper tickets that she isn't going to use. She doesn't live in the US and wasn't going to be able to get back to DL to use them, so rather then having them go to waste she gave them to me and my husband as an anniversary present to use next month. We just noticed it does in fact have her name on the back.

Does this mean we are out of luck and won't be able to use them??? :guilty:

:goodvibes :thumbsup2

Oh lordy, no finger scanners. They have those at Sea World San Diego. My friends daughter's finger would not scan. It was a half hour fiasco. I hate them.

I fogot too, since her finger wouldn't scan, they were INSISTING upon her ID, well her mother PAID for the ticket on her credt card, not her... She was 16 at the time and wasn't driving, didn't have her ID, left it in the room... Because we were at Seaworld with her mother... And she left her valuables in the safe in the hotel room. She was 16... Not an adult. We had to go talk to management. OMG.

It was a horrible experience. Finger scanners. I hate them. (And Sea World too...)
It is rumored that biometrics are coming to DLR in 2012...

See New Al Lutz: Little Mermaid, DCA Construction, Esplanade Fountain?, AP Changes Coming

I really didn't have an issue with the biometric scanners at WDW. We never had a problem, and it meant no hand stamps to return.

finger print scanning is so 2000

here is what DL should do to one up WDW.

when tickets are first used and scanned at the gate, a digital picture of the visitor is taken. each time the ticket is used said picture pops up on screen. if pic doesnt match, then throw out said visitor.they should also put a height chart at the gate (like in 7-11's),and a scale at the turnstyles so digital picture will also have approx. height and weight info. if there is one thing disney is good at its taking pics (heck they take it at rides all the time, and those photopass people are everywhere).

another option, have CM's running around with iphones/ipads, excuse me sir/mam can i scan your ticket? thanks, hold still while i take your pic. click... done! and done!

think about it,your ticket already says you consent to disney taking your pictures in the park. why not pair ALL tickets with a picture taken at the gate and do away with all this stick your finger here and write your name there and let me stamp your hand mumbo jumbo.

may even catch some bad people this way (imagine a CM calling the FBI and letting them know that one of the most wanted person in the world just entered DL on a 4 day hopper and they currently hold a fast pass for Star tours between 12:05 - 1:05, or that they just broke the record for BUZZ ride.) this would deter the criminal element from entering DL since criminals hate it when their picture is taken. DIsney owns a movie studio and Marvell comics and the best they can come up with is finger print scanning?

Our tickets came last night and no names are printed on them. Maybe it has not taken effect yet, or because we ordered them a few weeks ago is why they are not printed. But they did ask for the names and ages of everyone in the party so I thought they may.

Oh, ok. That makes sense. The thingy they sent me said no need to visit the center for a renewal. Does that mean new APs still have to get their picture taken? We always let ours expire after our second summer trip and then get new ones the next summer. If they go to a "continuous membership" type AP, that will throw off our system but hopefully that will be a while.

I read through the thread wondering if I was missing something but no one commented on this. Where is there talk about continuous membership? We generally do the same which is let it lapse between trips. Where is there talk that you cannot let your AP lapse?

I read through the thread wondering if I was missing something but no one commented on this. Where is there talk about continuous membership? We generally do the same which is let it lapse between trips. Where is there talk that you cannot let your AP lapse?

I can't remember the thread or how long ago it was...several months at least. Anyway the thread was discussing a rumor (and again, I apologize that I don't remember the source) that the AP system might change in the future. After the initial year, maybe AP's would be renewed on a monthly basis, allowing you to keep it for additional months (if you renew in time) but not committing you to a full year of additional membership as you could choose to cancel at any point. I haven't heard anything about this other than in that initial thread. Anyone else around here remember where that rumor came from?

I can't remember the thread or how long ago it was...several months at least. Anyway the thread was discussing a rumor (and again, I apologize that I don't remember the source) that the AP system might change in the future. After the initial year, maybe AP's would be renewed on a monthly basis, allowing you to keep it for additional months (if you renew in time) but not committing you to a full year of additional membership as you could choose to cancel at any point. I haven't heard anything about this other than in that initial thread. Anyone else around here remember where that rumor came from?

That sounds like an Al Lutz rumor to me. He hinted at a continuous membership type thing, like to your gym or something, quite a while back. I haven't seen anything recent on this, and nothing more than rumor so far in any case.

Sea World seems to have a huge problem with customer service as I've seen several issues like this on forums and even experienced it when our "ticket" would not scan.

To 07pilot4me- I dont mind a picture being taken, or a finger scanned.... but no way am I getting on a damn scale to be weighed in order to go to a park!!! :lmao: Thats a terrible idea! Can you imagine how long it would take to get into the park? Insane.

To 07pilot4me- I dont mind a picture being taken, or a finger scanned.... but no way am I getting on a damn scale to be weighed in order to go to a park!!! :lmao: Thats a terrible idea! Can you imagine how long it would take to get into the park? Insane.

AMEN! I don't tell my DH or my Dr what I weigh. There is no way in you know where I'm telling Mickey!!!! :scared:

AMEN! I don't tell my DH or my Dr what I weigh. There is no way in you know where I'm telling Mickey!!!! :scared:

Not to mention the fact that after visits to Plaza Inn, the corn dog cart, Gibson Girl, Pooh's Corner, and Pacific Wharf, I'll likely weigh 20 pounds more than I did when I entered the park! That could get dicey if they re-weighed before each park hop ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter