DL purists, where is a good place to start planning a WDW trip?

Splashmo, please forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand this service. He says go to his site with FAQ, but I couldn't find it. Could you say a word or two to help me understand this concept?
I have sent you a private conversation. More typically known as a PM.

Also planned both of our family vacations via this board. Since you are a DL person, I'll let you know: DL is kinda like L.A., everything is packed together and nearby. WDW is like California. I live 10 1/2 hours from DL and am still in the same state. :flower: It is expansive property.

Personally, we shunned from park hoppers for WDW. Park hopping in WDW can take anywhere from 20 mins (if the buses are on time) to almost an hour. It's not a walk across the courtyard. There are people that will get into long arguments about it, but in our first trip, we were sucked in by the "only pay $120 more for a hopper!" and we hopped exactly one time...to go look for the glasses my DH lost the day before. :o That said, the transportation onsite is lovely. We have only ever stayed onsite (WL both times on travel agency discounts). I like not having to worry about rental cars and where to drive.

And let me just say, you will feel a bit of "this isn't supposed to be here!" when you find rides in different locations at Magic Kingdom. Personally, Small World was the hardest on the heart. :sad: Enjoy the change up. WDW has its own magic, separate of DL.

If you get a chance, and it's in your budget, the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review is a riot! Animal Kingdom doesn't have many rides and we regret we spent more than a day there on our last trip. Let's see...Oh yes, the FL rains make El Nino look like a sprinkler sometimes, so bring a decent poncho because those bad boys are expensive. The dining options at WDW are never-ending--especially at Epcot. Want a good seat for the fireworks at Epcot? Make a 7 pm reservation at the Rose and Crown. Take the full monorail route, at least once, to get a taste of just how spread out it all is. Spend some time at Downtown Disney...but I warn you now, you will look at your watch and think, "I've been here for hours!" :yay:

Also planned both of our family vacations via this board. Since you are a DL person, I'll let you know: DL is kinda like L.A., everything is packed together and nearby. WDW is like California. I live 10 1/2 hours from DL and am still in the same state. :flower: It is expansive property.

Personally, we shunned from park hoppers for WDW. Park hopping in WDW can take anywhere from 20 mins (if the buses are on time) to almost an hour. It's not a walk across the courtyard. There are people that will get into long arguments about it, but in our first trip, we were sucked in by the "only pay $120 more for a hopper!" and we hopped exactly one time...to go look for the glasses my DH lost the day before. :o That said, the transportation onsite is lovely. We have only ever stayed onsite (WL both times on travel agency discounts). I like not having to worry about rental cars and where to drive.

And let me just say, you will feel a bit of "this isn't supposed to be here!" when you find rides in different locations at Magic Kingdom. Personally, Small World was the hardest on the heart. :sad: Enjoy the change up. WDW has its own magic, separate of DL.

If you get a chance, and it's in your budget, the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review is a riot! Animal Kingdom doesn't have many rides and we regret we spent more than a day there on our last trip. Let's see...Oh yes, the FL rains make El Nino look like a sprinkler sometimes, so bring a decent poncho because those bad boys are expensive. The dining options at WDW are never-ending--especially at Epcot. Want a good seat for the fireworks at Epcot? Make a 7 pm reservation at the Rose and Crown. Take the full monorail route, at least once, to get a taste of just how spread out it all is. Spend some time at Downtown Disney...but I warn you now, you will look at your watch and think, "I've been here for hours!" :yay:
What a great post! Another I read word for word to my wife. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter