DL newbie - May 26-28 or June 16-18?

Ariel on Land

DIS Veteran
Howdy folks! This will be our first trip to DL after many to WDW, so I feel super ignorant to the ins and outs of DLR. I used to always plan by crowd calendars, but I understand they aren’t very accurate at all right now. So to those of you who know how it usually works, which of these dates do you think would be better? I know there’s grad nights in there, and the May dates would be right after Memorial Day, but most schools are out by June... so... 🤷‍♀️ What would the experts suggest? 😊 Thanks!!!

May 26-28. We've gone on that Tues - Thurs right after Memorial Day a few times. It's awesome. Grad Nights are not that big a deal. Just stay out of DCA starting about an hour and a half before DCA closes to regular park guests. The park hours are long and there's fireworks every night (if memory serves me correctly), and the weather is wonderful. Later on in June, the odds of having some really hot days (highs in the 90s) goes up.

Does Marvel matter at all to you? Avengers Campus is scheduled to open "Summer 2020," but we don't have an official date yet. Your June dates would give you a better chance vs. the May dates -- AC might be open by Memorial Day, but we just don't know. Given that your June dates are right before the Deluxe AP summer blockout, I might go with May -- as long as you know about Grad Nites and can schedule your nighttime entertainment accordingly. DL will be more crowded on GNs because guests with hoppers will have no choice but to go there. But with MP and good planning, you can still get a lot done and have a great time. If you choose June, make sure that you plan for the Deluxe AP crowds, especially in the later afternoon and evening.
If you haven't already read HG's classic thread, do so! A DLR Guide for WDW Vets

Wow- I’m glad I asked, I had no clue about the block out dates. Still seems like a hard choice- no obvious answer!! I appreciate the feedback, all very helpful!!! :) This park is definitely a different animal than the other one!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter