DL hotels going smoke free...

emememem

Once upon a time is now.....
Heard this on CNN on my way home from work...Starts March 1st.

I thought they already were?

janet

PS ~ I guess they won't have a Christmas Tree this coming Christmas at the GC! The last one was a smoking one! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I can joke about it 'cause I was there!

I think GC has always been a smoke free hotel.
(well, except for Janet's smoking tree) ;)

But PP and DLH had smoking rooms available.

I also heard this on the news this morning. They plan to go to all smoke free starting March 1st. It was stated due to a lack of reservations placed on smoking rooms and the high cost to clean the rooms after the "smoker" left. I guess this guy( :smokin: )wont be making any ressies after all.

Glad to hear this. I like that the GCH was always smoke free. To a non-smoker a smoke free hotel is very enticing.

Just curious? I'm a smoker (curtious though) Will I be able to hammer a nail outside away from crowds? Not that I can afford to stay at any onsite hotel yet. :confused3

darph nader said:
Just curious? I'm a smoker (curtious though) Will I be able to hammer a nail outside away from crowds? Not that I can afford to stay at any onsite hotel yet. :confused3

According to the artical, the rooms are going smoke free...not the property. You should still be able to find a place to hammer.

Here's the artical

FL would have to make stronger anti-smoking laws first. There are VERY few public places in CA that you can smoke, so making non-smoking hotels is a natural extention.

I love living in CA!!

ewww. never ever book into a smoking room (in any hotel for that matter).

that is just plain filthy.

I do smoke but not on rooms, only outside designated places or not at all.

Does this mean they can take down those great signs which every hotel in CA displays warning there may be deadly chemicals on the property because people are allowed to smoke?

Slighty off topic,but I'm 95%sure that the city of Mesa Az. is almost totaly smoke free. The only place you can smoke is in your own house or backyard. Not in your car or walking down the street. Jeeze. :smokin:

A bit OT but the Westin hotel chain just announced that all of their hotels nationwide are going totally smoke-free. I'm hoping Marriott, and everyone, follows suit soon.

LucyKate said:
Does this mean they can take down those great signs which every hotel in CA displays warning there may be deadly chemicals on the property because people are allowed to smoke?
LOL! They have them next to the ashtrays and are meant to keep smokers out of the lobbies. There is still smoking outside the building. I wonder if they are going to make it a 15 feet rule like government buildings. As long as they have somewhere for the smokers to go, I would feel okay about a perimeter rule.

Oh, they can paint a square on the ground outside and put an ash tray there like they do in the airports in Japan. It's so funny! There's enough room for two people.

LucyKate said:

Those aren't there because people are allowed to smoke. They are there due to a propisition that says if one millionth of one millionth of a millionith of a percent of a possible cancer causing substance may be on the property or in an item they have to have the sign.

We really need a giant sign. Welcome to CA. By living on earth you may get cancer.

WatchinCaptKangaroo said:
Those aren't there because people are allowed to smoke. They are there due to a propisition that says if one millionth of one millionth of a millionith of a percent of a possible cancer causing substance may be on the property or in an item they have to have the sign.

We really need a giant sign. Welcome to CA. By living on earth you may get cancer.
I never could figure out why you could'nt smoke inside or outside, but you could suck lots of car fumes? Don't get me wrong, but fair is fair.It's weird the smoking section in Fantasy/Tommorowland is right next to Autopia. :smokin:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter