• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DL Hotel - room recommendations?

mmkenn

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We have premier view, club level reservations for the DLH. We should end up in Adventure tower with this room type. Any other suggestions for a room type/recommendation request we should put in?

Thanks,
mmkenn

That should get you where you want to go! But sometimes I do prefer the Frontier tower, 14th floor with the balconies that look out over Disneyland and watching fireworks sitting on the balcony is fun.

Go for the pool view. I think the theme park view is overrated, whereas overlooking the pool will give you a fully immersive Disneyland feeling. The old school sign, the monorail slides, the lush gardens and the tiki hut, all feel very much like vacation. I will no longer do any other view. I don't care which tower, I just want the pool view.

Thanks to both of you for your replies. I appreciate the input and will talk to my husband about the options. We have never stayed at DLR before. Are there any differences in the room layouts or they all basically the same (except suites, etc, of course)?

Go for the pool view. I think the theme park view is overrated, whereas overlooking the pool will give you a fully immersive Disneyland feeling. The old school sign, the monorail slides, the lush gardens and the tiki hut, all feel very much like vacation. I will no longer do any other view. I don't care which tower, I just want the pool view.
I too prefer the pool view (Frontier tower looks out over the pool and you can see fireworks.) From the Adventure tower, the pool view is nice, and as an added benefit, less noise from DTD.

Layouts are pretty much similar.

Layouts are mostly similar. Some rooms have different bathroom configurations than others, but they are all about equally roomy. I think some of the double rooms are more roomy than the king rooms, but YMMV. At this hotel, the rooms are somewhat unique -- very similar, but each room has its own quirks. That's one of the things I love about the place.

I've had pool view and DTD view from Adventure, and while DTD was noisier, I did not enjoy the pool view - totally not my thing. DTD view at least was entertaining. If you have little ones that need to go to bed early, the DTD view WILL be loud until 10pm because of the music from the stage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter