DL Footwear to Croc or Not

We all wore Crocs last year! We do usually alternate days with tennis shoes. DS's were a little small and he did need bandaids for a couple blisters.

Last year I took 2 different pair of walkers and my crocs. I had never worn them before and also thought they were UGLY but I was ready to try anything if they kept my feet from hurting. The first couple days I switched between the walkers and crocs but after a few days I determined that the crocs were the most comfortable. They ended up being the pair I wore for the remainder of our trip. They were also great on the water rides because they dried so fast. I never had a problem with them being slippery.

I will add that while I was trying to keep my feet happy, I was also trying something new to keep my legs from aching. I tried both compression socks and some compression sleeves that covered just my calves. So now I have discovered a solution for both my feet and legs. 11 days of walking and I came away without blisters, cramps or aches!

I still think they are ugly but I have decided comfort outweighs fashion.

I did something I said I'd never do.....I bought a pair of crocs. Ok ok I'll admit..I bought TWO! I'm still not over the ugliness part of them.....but man they are liking walking on Memory Foam! I got a pair of maryjanes AND Celeste style. I love them!

Hi, Can anyone tell me what Crocs cost in the U.S.? And do most people buy the actual brand "Crocs" or a generic version. In Australia the real Crocs are about $50 which is a bit more than I'd like to spend so I buy the cheapie Target versions which are about $10.00 but wondering if the real thing is better than those. Anyway, even though my crocs aren't the real ones I :lovestruc them!!!! I think I'm about the only one around my small town that wears them (at least in public)....yes, I'm weird and self conscious and look to see what other people are wearing and if anyone's laughing at me in my hideous looking shoes but they are just soooooooooooo comfortable, they're about all I can wear now. Our 4 year old DD also refuses to wear anything else. I can't wait to buy her some Mickey ones!!!!

Hi, Can anyone tell me what Crocs cost in the U.S.? And do most people buy the actual brand "Crocs" or a generic version. In Australia the real Crocs are about $50 which is a bit more than I'd like to spend so I buy the cheapie Target versions which are about $10.00 but wondering if the real thing is better than those. Anyway, even though my crocs aren't the real ones I :lovestruc them!!!! I think I'm about the only one around my small town that wears them (at least in public)....yes, I'm weird and self conscious and look to see what other people are wearing and if anyone's laughing at me in my hideous looking shoes but they are just soooooooooooo comfortable, they're about all I can wear now. Our 4 year old DD also refuses to wear anything else. I can't wait to buy her some Mickey ones!!!!

Depends on the style...the cayman, beach and maryjanes run about $30.

Most of the time I'm fine on a wet surface--it's only a problem if it's smoothed out concrete or wood (I've slipped on the wood planks on the bridge from Frontierland to Main Street and on the POTC dock). Most of DL is textured and I'm ok on that. I just have to remember not to take big steps while walking (which I tend to do).

Well, I just ordered us all some Crocs, I went ahead and got the real things instead of the generic. I figured if I'm going to try 'em I might as well try the real thing. So, they should be here in plenty of time for us all to break them in for the parks. I'm going to have all of us bring our sneakers as well, so we can switch back and forth if we need to. I have a pair of rebooks with the cushiony things on the bottom, but after a day of walking I can't wait to get them off of my feet, and these seem to have a little more stability than my normal sketchers flip flops, so we'll see. I got kids the colored ones with the Mickey air holes.

We got the Caymens, not sure what the difference between those and the Beach are, other than in the design a little bit.

I think the Airwalk (Payless) version is squishier/comfier than crocs. DD does have a Mickey pair of crocs cause they're super cute. I did order DS a pair of Georgie boots last nite, I'm excited for him to try them. Last Sept the pirate crocs were cheap at Disneyland but they were either too small or too big so I didn't pick up a pair for DS. Oh DD does have a Ariel pair that I got from Disneydirect.com for a good price a little while ago.

I too have several pair of crocs and in the summer I wear the Athens I believe they are called which are the ones that are like thongs, they are more like sandals. I LIVE in those at home during the summer and LOVE them. Last year I wanted the mickey red and black ones and with the closed in kind I have to wear socks because they do rub but with socks they are super comfy on me.

This year I bought the new kind with the "fur" linning and I LOVE LOVE them. I wore them when we went in December and plan on wearing them when we go in February. I only bring ONE pair of shoes and I have NO problems with my feet and believe me my feet HURT if I wear anything else. I LOVE my crocs and hardly wear anything else.

I can't say enough good about them but I guess everyone is different.

I bought a pair of croc endeavors last fall to prepare for our after Christmas trip. They were already pretty comfy, but a few days before the trip I started to get nervous that my feet were going to hurt so I picked up a pair of cushioned gel arch supports by Dr Sholl's.

That was the best decision ever! I walked a ton all over the parks pushing a 5 year old in a stroller and my feet didnt even ache by the end of the day. It was a great $10 investment in my already super cozy crocs.

are my absolute favorite!! I wore them to WDW last year and had no problems! Also they are more stylish than the beach or cayman styles...

:cool1:

I haven't had a chance to read through this whole thread but I wanted to recommend arch support socks, regardless of what kind of shoes you wear. I have flatish feet and usually wear Nike walking shoes. I could never do crocs in the parks b/c of the lack of ankle support. If that's not the issue and you just want your feet not to hurt, get the arch support socks. Nike makes them in dri-fit. They really help with the foot fatigue! I wore them in my no-support flat skechers all day shopping and my feet were fine! Had I known this last summer, I would have bought more to take to WDW. I am definitely wearing them anytime I hit the parks for sure!

I have a wide foot--are Crocs available in widths? If not, do they tend to run wide or narrow?

They don't offer specific widths. I know that with my son, he has wide feet, and crocs fit him well. I won't know about the adult sizes until I get mine, lol.

I wouldn't be caught dead in crocs but I do envy those of you who swear by them & say your feet don't hurt at the end of the day.

My crocs slip when the tread is worn down and it is wet. I don't have the problem with the newer pairs. I wish they lasted longer.

I read you can buy them at the park. Anyone know how much they run? Are they the Disney ones? We leave Friday and to late to order a pair.

I'm sure someone that has been there more recently can confirm this..but I remember the Disney ones being around $40 at the parks. I'd highly reccommend checking out some shoe stores in the mall. They have them at Journeys, and Finish Line if you happen to have stores like that in your mall. Even a sports authority carries them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter