• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DL/DCA restaurants

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
Our first time at DL/DCA. What should we know about their restaurants?
Suggestions, pitfalls, priority seating?

We like Hook's Pointe a LOT. It's a sort of upscale (but still casual) joint overlooking the pool at the Disneyland Hotel. Their specialty is mesquite grilled seafood -- the salmon is to die for! Mine was served with "lemon mashed potatoes," but the garlic mashed are great, too.

In DL, the recently enjoyed very much the Mexican/BBQ restaurant beside the Big Thunder Railroad. Food was terrific and servings plentiful.

We also like the River Belle Terrace for a quick lunch, but it was closed for renovations when we were there last week :(.

For sit down dining, try the Blue Bayou, near Pirates of the Caribbean (in fact, the Pirates boats sail right past the diners inside!).

The Goofy's Kitchen character meal at the Disneyland Hotel is fun. Try the "peanut butter and jelly pizza"! Really!

Finally, if you love cajun food (and I do!) try one of the three eateries at Brennan's in Downtown Disney. The beignets and coffee are GREAT for breakfast, and they usually offer a yummy gumbo at lunchtime. :D .

Gosh, there are so many!
Blue Bayou is my all-time favorite themed restaurant at any Disney Park or Resort, anywhere. It is right inside the entrance of the Pirates of the Carribean ride (which, BTW, is MUCH better than the one at WDW) and you jsut can't beat the atmosphere.

Goofy's Kitchen is great fun, most especially for kids. Good food there, fun character meal with lots of interaction and dancing.
Storyteller Cafe at the GC had a very nice buffet in a nice atmosphere.
I have heard that the snack bar near the GC pool has the best burgers in town.
The Avalon Cove at DCA was wonderful - beautiful location and fabulous food and service.
If you like Japanese food, head over to the restaurants at the Paradise Pier Hotel. They also have a character meal.
Riverbelle Terrace has a wonderful breakfast adn you can't beat the view of Rivers of America. Great place for people watching.
Bengal Barbeque has some very nice skewer snacks. Yum!
Plaza Inn can be fun, although it is a zoo around the buffeteria area. They have character breakfasts there.

Lots of nice new places I still need to try at Downtown Disney. I forget the name of the Cajun restaurant - we had a nice light dinner there at the self-service area. The Brea Bakery was also nice for brekfast.

Before I start with our favorites, I just want to say that we really miss the Monorail Cafe....that used to be our favorite place to grab lunch. :(

Blue Bayou--excellent!

Goofy's Kitchen--Fun and good food!

That Mexican/BBQ place that Greg mentioned....ate there for the first time 2 weeks ago and it was great! Good food and lots of it....nice outdoor, shady seating. Drinks are refillable...so refill before you leave. :)

Rainforest Cafe--in DD--always good food!

Carnation Cafe is a fun place to sit on Main Street while having lunch.

Bengal BBQ is one of our favorites for a quick meat stick. ;)

The French Market always had a long line outside before it even opened...must be good!

Never got into Horseshoe Saloon, but that's because there was always a long line there also. :rolleyes:

For the yummiest truffles, fudge, cookies, marshmellow treats, lollipops, dipped strawberries and carmel apples, try Marceline's Confectionery (in DD)....and make sure to ask for a bag if they don't offer....they're adorable. :) Take these treats back to your room for a little midnight snack. ;) :p ;) :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter