DL Birthday stuff for "Old" people?

ArielsMelody

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,

My best friend's birthday is coming up and she wants to spend it in DL. That's great with me since we're AP holders and love a great excuse to hang out there! Anyway I know that they do the "Happiest Birthday on Earth" but from what I can tell (I haven't checked it out really carefully) that is mostly for the little ones. We're in our (getting late!) twenties. Are there any out-of-the-ordinary things to do for her birthday? We're pretty seasoned Disney veterans but I have learned a few secrets I didn't know about by lurking around here. Any ideas?

Ariel :)

Definetely stop in at City Hall and pick up a birthday sticker. She'll be wished a happy b-day by CMs all day long.

I took my 50 year old "birthday boy" to Goofy's Kitchen for a character breakfast and it was really fun! They have a special birthday bag that you can purchase, and Goofy came out with a cupcake!

We did the Happiest B-day on Earth at Plaza Inn last month, and it was ADORABLE!!!

For $10 you get free bug juice, a mickey-style cake to decorate yourself, and some entertainment from Pat E. Cake. Mickey and Minnie arrive, conga with the kids, have a singalong, and do a photo op. We have a great photo of our group under the "My Disneyland Birthday" sign! Only one way to get that photo!

I think it's a great idea for a very different, delightful and inexpensive b-day celebration for an "old" person---although I'd love to know what you think is old!! LOL!!!

A couple of years ago we took my father to Blue Bayou for his 60th birthday. The cast members were great, we were seated near the water, they brought "Gpa Jim" a birthday dessert, sang happy birthday to him and then our server took him to another room. He came out several minutes later with a huge grin on his face. He'd gotten a birthday call from Goofy - his favorite character. He still says that was best birthday he's had yet.

The birthday party is for kids of all ages. I took my DD a few years ago for her 10th birthday and there were deffiently adults celebrating too.

PattiPB said:
For $10 you get free bug juice, a mickey-style cake to decorate yourself, and some entertainment from Pat E. Cake. Mickey and Minnie arrive, conga with the kids, have a singalong, and do a photo op.
Just have to laugh that you said you paid $10 and got "free" juice, cake etc. I think you paid $10 for the cake, juice etc. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter