DL at beginning or end of CA trip? UPDATE: BOOKED!

eyeheartgoofy

DIS Veteran
Would you visit DLR at the beginning or end of a 13 night trip? We plan to visit San Diego, Sequioa Nat'l Park and DLR.

Traveling party consists of me, DH, DD9 and DD7.

Sounds like a fun trip! Personally, I would do DLR at the end since it would be the icing on the cake.

You will be covering some ground while you are here! Sequoia is near my neck of the woods. It is an absolutely beautiful forest.

Are you flying into San Diego? Or will you be flying into LA?

Do Disneyland last. Years ago we went with our (then) 3 yr. old and went to D-land first (2 days) and then Knotts Berry Farm. All day long we wished we were at Disneyland. It's a hard act to follow!!

I would say yes the end...however, I would look at the days....If the beginning is mid week vs a weekend, I would think about doing DL mid-week vs the weekend...I hope that makes sense!

I'll be the first to vote beginning of the trip. After being there for 4 days in Feb. my body was sooooo sore after walking and standing continuously for four days. It is nice to have a bit quieter pace at the end of the trip - unless you have a day or 2 at home before you go back to work. Either way will be enjoyable though.

I have to spend my time at DLR in the beginning of our trip. If not, I find myself daydreaming and wishing I was at DLR and not enjoying where I am. I guess I'm crazy that way.

This is just my strange thing, but I've finally learned not to go anywhere after Disneyland except straight home. One time, we went to San Diego after DL and I got sort of depressed. I had just been in my absolute favorite place and then I found myself walking around these musty old museums in Balboa Park. The museums there are actually really nice, it was just a big shock to go from all fun, all the time to something so tame and slow-paced as museums. We went to the San Diego Zoo the next day, but I was still coming off my Disney high and it just didn't compare. Now if we're planning anything else on the same trip, DL is always the last thing we do before we head home. My DH doesn't want to deal with my post-Disney depression anymore so he lets me plan the trips!

I would do Sequoia first, then San Diego. Plan a nice, relaxing beach day for your last full day in SD. Then drive up to DL with rested feet, leaving the best for last!!!!

I would do it first. If you haven't had enough time to do everything in the parks, you can rethink your plan. If you do it at the end and don't get to see and do everything you want........:sad2:
I have spent the last year thinking about everything we missed and we were there for 6 days. Can't wait till next February.....I'm going back:banana:

Do Disneyland last. Years ago we went with our (then) 3 yr. old and went to D-land first (2 days) and then Knotts Berry Farm. All day long we wished we were at Disneyland. It's a hard act to follow!!

Agreed! Disneyland at the end!!!! Our first trip to Disneyland ever, we did Universal Studios on our last day, and we really enjoyed it, but the thought of not going back to Disneyland was the worst. Having done countless numbers of trips to Disneyland since, and throwing in excursions in between, leaving Disneyland is a little easier to go home then to dwell on it by doing something else. I just pretend I am going back to my hotel for a rest, when really I have to go home. But the transition is much easier.

We are doing DL first. The rest of our trip is going to be spent visiting my in laws so I figure I need some disney magic first:wizard:

Thanks for the advice and opinions! I booked our hotel stays today. We are visiting Disney last. :)

I can't believe this trip is going to be a reality!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter