DL Annual Pass

valerie160

Mouseketeer
Probably a silly question as my intuition is telling me it's the latter, but if I buy annual passes now (as christmas gifts), but don't intend to use until May 2016 for the first time - does my year begin when I purchase (now) or when I go in May? Thanks!

Your year will start when you first use them at the parks.
We bought passes in Feb of 2015 and did not activate them until Oct. good til Oct 2016.

If you buy vouchers for APs online or in a retail store, they start when activated. If you go to the ticket booths and buy APs they start right away.

Just keep an eye on your expiration date. We did the same thing a few years ago (prepurchased the APs at the Disney Store, and then activated them a few weeks later at DL), and were surprised when ours showed up as expired on the purchased date and not the date of first use. A phone call to the Disney AP line confirmed that it should've been based on the activation date, and they fixed the issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter