Dixieland Stampede

angelbaby29871

Mouseketeer
Have booked tickets for this show, just looking for opinions. Have i wasted my money or is it a good diner show?

Thanks

angelbaby29871 said:
Have booked tickets for this show, just looking for opinions. Have i wasted my money or is it a good diner show?

Thanks

We've been the show in Branson, MO. From what I understand all the Dixie stampedes are basically the same. Did you get into the Christmas show? If so, I hear it's really great. Otherwise, the show is pretty fun. The food is decent. If you or your family are weird about eating w/ your hands, bring some plastic dinnerware with you (I had to hand feed my 4 year old!) Also bring purell or wipes to clean your hands before or after eating, unless you want to wait in line at the bathrooms.

I've been to Dixie Stampede, Pirates, Arabian Nights and Medieval Times and Dixie Stampede is by far my favorite. Overall, I think they have the best non-Disney dinner show in Orlando. Food is good quality, tasty and most important recognizable (unlike some of the other shows); however, keep in mind that they are feeding almost 1200 people in the span of 6.5 minutes so it isn't like going to Ruth's Cris where you'll be getting a steak prepared to order. For vegetarians, I think they've recently switched back to a steamed veggie plate.

The show is entertaining, the performers are engaging and the horses are beautiful. The preshow is a fun bit of fluff to get things started for the evening. I think you'll have a great time. :)

We went to the one in Pigeon Forge. I agree with the other poster they are all suppossed to be the same. We had a good time, enjoyed the show. The preshow was dull to us but didn't last too long. The food was just ok. I really don't like not having utensils to use, but my kids love it. We are trying Medieval Times in a few weeks. I think you will enjoy it. Have Fun!

Be sure to get there early for the pre show, it is good and I really think you will enjoy everything. No need to rush to the entrance doors for the main arena as everone is assigned a row to sit in so there will be a spot for you. When we went to the one in Orlando we sat up stairs for the pre show. We really enjoyed the popcorn and fruit drinks in the boot. :sunny:

angelbaby29871 said:
thanks for the replies guys. we'll be going at christmas so it sounds like a fun night out. thanks again :thumbsup2

Christmas is my favorite season at Dixie. Just keep in mind it is the most popular time of the year there, so plan for a full arena. It makes it more fun when it is crowded but you won't have a lot of elbow room.

Your not wasting your money going to the Dixie Stampede. We were just there the 2nd week in June and loved it. In orlando you have utensils and they have wet wipes there if you need them. Also I believe the alcohol was free. I didnt have any but the people next to us had a choice of wine or beer.It's the north against the south and we were in the north section and lost to the South. I loved the pigs races and the riders did some trick riding on the horses. They served a whole chicken (about the size of a cornish game hen) biscut,creamed veg. soup and some kind of apple pastry.There wasnt a bad seat in the house.

We went to the Christmas Show a few years ago. It was really pretty cute. And I liked that they touched on the birth of Christ but did not push anything over the top. It was light hearted and really a lot of fun. We paid extra to sit in the bench seats on the front row. And I really like that because we have my daughter who was under three and she could sit beside me and not have to be on my lap the whole time. I also prepaid for this mugs that are drinks during the preshow. To be truthful that wasnt worth it. But I felt that the food was pretty good. My son got to be part of the show and he LOVED it. And a rider threw my daughter a flower. And can I tell you it was love at first sight for her. :love:

One thing to remember, too, is that gratuity is not included in the price of your ticket, so be sure to take cash to leave for your server. These guys and gals work hard and earn their tips.

thanks for the post on the tip, i wasn't sure about the gratuity but i will definately make sure to taje some cash with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter