Diva Las Vegas

I'll be sure to eat downstairs at Margaritaville and I've had my eye on that witch doctor drink from the first time I saw it!

Queenbillabong: We do need more Canadians here, it sounds like you put up with a lot of harassment:laughing: Surrey isn't far at all! We coming out there on Saturday for my sisters wedding at Semiahmoo Fish and Game Club.

Marcie, you too :eek: Bummer............

Do you really think that? Seriously? :lmao:

Absolutely ::yes:: Share the love!

Queenbillabong: We do need more Canadians here, it sounds like you put up with a lot of harassment:laughing: Surrey isn't far at all! We coming out there on Saturday for my sisters wedding at Semiahmoo Fish and Game Club.

See, I knew anyone from BC couldn't be that bad and would understand :thumbsup2

Oooh, I want one................

2080410315_c67aca55d3.jpg

That drink looks good, i think i'll take a trip to Vegas and try one. ;)
What a great idea. I think I'll join you. :thumbsup2

We do need more Canadians here, it sounds like you put up with a lot of harassment:laughing: Surrey isn't far at all! We coming out there on Saturday for my sisters wedding at Semiahmoo Fish and Game Club.
Poor Theresa. She did take a lot of teasing. But we only tease the ones we love. ;)

Just thought I'd add to the TR that while Stacie, Deb, and Marcie went to the airport to pick up Stacielee, Theresa and I went over to Mandalay Bay so I could buy some tickets to the new Lion King show.

It was my anniversary that upcoming weekend and my husband had called and said while I was out that I should get us some tickets. I was thrilled since I'd been wanting to see it since I first heard it was opening here in Vegas. :yay:

Also Theresa was looking for a place to stay in August when she returns with her son so I thought it would be a good chance for her to see another one of the hotels she was considering.

After walking around a bit, getting some cold water, checking out the pool area and such, we bought the tickets and were on our way to the timeshare where we met up with the other ladies again ready to check out the timeshare and make our grocery run.

(I think since we all split up at times during the trip, and since Dawn and Wendy had a different itinerary than us part of the time, it would be fun/nice for everyone to chime in with pics or stories of what they did. :goodvibes )

I'm enjoying reading/seeing what y'all did when I wasn't around. :goodvibes

I think Dawn said she was going to write something up, but I'm not sure if she still is. :confused3

I'll join you girls for a Witch Doctor or any other alcoholic drink we come upon.

Lovin' the TR so far. I know I missed a lot of good times. ;)

I want a Witch doctor & a Big Kahauna & that tasty thing you girls had at the Peppermill....whoa...when are we going back??

Gonna sell my car and go to Vegas
'Cause somebody told me
That's where dreams would be
Gonna sell my car and go to Vegas
Finally see my name upon the Palace marquis

Now it was time to check into the Summer Bay Resort. We head to the building we are told to go to. Walking in we notice that the "offices" are actually converted condos. There is clearly living room, kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms just like the regular condos on property. The registration desk is located in the Master Bedroom with the open air bathroom right there. While standing around waiting our turn, I ask if anyone wanted to hop in the tub. It was seriously right there.

Check in went pretty smooth for the most part. One of the clerks was a bit confused by everything it seemed. But we got our keys and lists and were on our way. Stacielee, Deb, Marci and I were staying together in a two room condo. Cheryl (who was coming up tomorrow) and Theresa (who was still out with Beth) were staying in another one bedroom condo. We were going to be about one building over from each other, no big. But we were deep in the resort, so it was a drive to the location.

We had a ground floor condo right near the parking area. So it was super easy to bring in our stuff. The condo was really nice. Much nicer than other time shares I have stayed at. The living area was great. Huge flat screen tv, couch, chairs and coffee table. It also had a music system. There was a small eating area with 6 chairs. The kitchen was a full one. Everything we needed was there. And off the kitchen was the laundry room.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The bedrooms each came with a king size bed and a sitting bench. Both had walk in closets with tons of space for everything we had brought. And each had its own attached full bathroom. Stacielee and I took the room closest to the front door. It had only a standing shower, which worked for us. Deb and Marci had the master which had a huge tub.

ry%3D400

It fit all of us.

ry%3D400

Stacie and I decided to go ahead and unpack our stuff. Normally I don't unpack when I am in Vegas, but since I was going to be there all week, I thought I should. I couldn't believe how much stuff we brought. The closet was full in no time. But it was nice to be done and settled in. Marci and Deb had to wait till Beth came back since their luggage was in her van.

Stacie and I also were sharing our room with Choco. He is the mascot for my company. He travels and goes on vacations with different employees and then they get posted on the company website for all the kids to see where Choco goes.

ry%3D400

I also put away the Malibu and Cranberry juice in the fridge. Wanted to make sure that got cool in no time. :yay:

Not long after we were unpacked, Beth showed up with Theresa and everyone got settled in. It was getting late. Well, later than we had planned for it to be so we were trying to figure when to make our grocery run, and then what to do about dinner.

Somewhere in all the talk we decided we needed to make a grocery run, then we would go to dinner later. Just push it back some. While we were getting ready to make our way to the grocery store it dawned on us that Jane was meeting up with us tonight. We totally forgot. :eek: So we call her to tell her we are going to the store, its by her job, so she knew were to meet us.

We ended up wandering around the store a bit since none of us were familiar with the lay out. :confused: But in the end we grabbed up some stuff for breakfast, some drinks, juice to go with the drinks and a few snacks. Nothing much, just stuff to get us through the week.

We got back to the condos and started getting ready for dinner. Jane was ready to go while the rest of us moved a bit slow. Couldn't help it. Our brains were just in vacation mode. But we eventually were all able to get our act together and get our hineys out the door. :woohoo:

Next up....Margaritaville here we come and Marci almost gets knocked out.

Wasted away again in Margaritaville,
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame,
But I know it's nobody's fault.

We were now on our way out the door to Margaritaville. Beth drove us in her van and Jane took her own car. We got there in no time, but parking wasn't fun. Luckily we were able to find spots close to each other. And why in the heck are all the parking structures so darn far from anything. Had to walk a mile before we got to the restaurant.

There was going to be a wait for a table, so a few of us decided to do some shopping in the gift shop attached to the restaurant. I found a cute magnet. It said "Trespassers Will Be Shot" in big letters. In small letters between the Be and Shot it said "offered a". Too cute.

I made my purchase and as I was putting my receipt and change away, the person behind me handed their purchases to the clerk. Not a problem usually, but the person had to reach over my body to do so. How incredibly freakin rude!!! I was ready to turn around and go MMA on that person. So I turn and start to get ghetto when I realize it is Marci. I tell her how I was gonna give her a beat down, and we both start laughing hysterically.

Our table was ready pretty quick. Unfortunately, it was not in the main room but upstairs. We did get to ride the elevator though.

Our table was right against the windows and we had a great view of the strip. It was a nice view. The entire time they play Jimmy Buffet videos and concert clips on the televison.

ry%3D400

Dinner was good. Burgers and such.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

:drinking1The drinks were really yummy.

ry%3D400

Dinner was pretty quiet overall. I think everyone was exhausted. But we still managed to have a good time.:banana:

Once done we made our way back to the cars. I think we all walked off our dinners. We all said by to Jane as she was going home. The rest of us headed back to the resort.

We sat around and chilled for a bit. Beth headed home, Theresa went to her condo, and the rest of us got ready for bed.

I was feeling grimey so I jumped in the shower real quick. When I got out, Stacie was watching tv and reading in bed. I decided to do the same. I was reading "The Reader" and it was so good. But eventually my eyes started giving out on me. So I said, that was it, I was going to bed. Stacie said me too, and I rolled over and was asleep before my head even hit the pillow I think.:cloud9:

Next up....waking up in Vegas and where did my roomie go?

Stacie and I also were sharing our room with Choco. He is the mascot for my company. He travels and goes on vacations with different employees and then they get posted on the company website for all the kids to see where Choco goes.

ry%3D400

Are you sure that Choco, and the kids, will be allowed to see what happens in Vegas!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter