**DisVids - Come and Introduce Yourself and Meet Your Fellow UK Dissers**

Wills Mom said:
I hope no one minds me popping in here! I lurk and occasionally post - I'm not sure if there are any other Irish Disboard-ers so I'm here to chat with and steal ideas from you lovely UK neighbours of mine :goodvibes

Husband: James, also 30. Met 14/08/2002, engaged 08/02/2009 at MK, married 11/05/2011 followed by Disneymoon

Kids: Will, 6 months old - our Disneymoon baby :goodvibes

Favourite Park: Magic Kingdom, although EPCOT is a very close second!

Favourite Resort: Contemporary, although I want to stay at GF someday :love:

Favourite Attraction: Hmmm, this is a hard one! Splash Mountain, Expedition Everest, Soarin', Tower of Terror - there's my fave from each park ;)

Favourite Restaurant: Rose & Crown, Earl of Sandwich

Favourite Characters: Ariel and Belle are my favourite princesses but I love love love Winnie the Pooh!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and I apologise in advance for any silly questions I may ask!! :blush: Its so nice to meet people who are so obviously Disney obsessed like I am!!! :banana:

Welcome pam, looking forward to more chats with you on the boards!

thestevied said:
Welcome pam, looking forward to more chats with you on the boards!

Thanks stevie :) I'm fairly sure I saw it was your birthday somewhere on the boards so if it was then happy birthday - if it wasn't then...ummm.....happy early birthday for next year LOL!

Wills Mom said:
Thanks stevie :) I'm fairly sure I saw it was your birthday somewhere on the boards so if it was then happy birthday - if it wasn't then...ummm.....happy early birthday for next year LOL!

Why thank you very much, Pamela! Not sure where you saw that but yes, it was. On Monday. Feeling old now... 32! :(

Hi, I've posted a couple of times on here so thought I'd better introduce myself

Name: Nicola

Family: Husband called Andrew, son called Callum, daughter called Kayla

Home Town: Skelton in Cleveland

Favourite Park: Animal Kingdom & Busch Gardens

Favourite Attractions: Personally I don't like rides (im a chicken) but love 3d shows Favourite has to be It's a Bugs Life. Family love the Rock n Rollercoaster & Tower of Terror

Favourite Florida Bits: Wishes Fireworks & Parades

Favourite Restaurants: Black Angus Steakhouse & Olive Garden, still so many others to try though, this year we have the dining plan

Visits to Disney: 3 soon to be 4 :)

Welcome Nicola! :)

thestevied said:
Why thank you very much, Pamela! Not sure where you saw that but yes, it was. On Monday. Feeling old now... 32! :(

You're very welcome :) 32 years young ;) I just turned 30 at the end of July, I always felt entering your thirties would be a big occasion however it was pretty much like turning 25 again LOL! One of these days I'll grow up but for now I feel very much like a female Peter Pan ;)

Wills Mom said:
Welcome Nicola! :)

You're very welcome :) 32 years young ;) I just turned 30 at the end of July, I always felt entering your thirties would be a big occasion however it was pretty much like turning 25 again LOL! One of these days I'll grow up but for now I feel very much like a female Peter Pan ;)

Nothing wrong with that! Not sure I'll ever get bored of going on holiday to WDW, and even the planning of it excites me like I'm a little kid. Guess that makes me a proper Peter Pan!?!

Emjem said:
Hi, I've posted a couple of times on here so thought I'd better introduce myself

Name: Nicola

Family: Husband called Andrew, son called Callum, daughter called Kayla

Home Town: Skelton in Cleveland

Favourite Park: Animal Kingdom & Busch Gardens

Favourite Attractions: Personally I don't like rides (im a chicken) but love 3d shows Favourite has to be It's a Bugs Life. Family love the Rock n Rollercoaster & Tower of Terror

Favourite Florida Bits: Wishes Fireworks & Parades

Favourite Restaurants: Black Angus Steakhouse & Olive Garden, still so many others to try though, this year we have the dining plan

Visits to Disney: 3 soon to be 4 :)

Welcome emjem/Nicola!

Love olive garden too... Only been there once when I stayed in a hotel on idrive, but never forgotten it, and always speak about going back!

thestevied said:
Nothing wrong with that! Not sure I'll ever get bored of going on holiday to WDW, and even the planning of it excites me like I'm a little kid. Guess that makes me a proper Peter Pan!?!

Me too!! I almost feel that going on holiday to any other destination is a waste LOL! And don't get me started on the planning, I tend to obsess just a smidge!!

Wills Mom said:
Me too!! I almost feel that going on holiday to any other destination is a waste LOL! And don't get me started on the planning, I tend to obsess just a smidge!!

Yeah, it's almost the best part.... The excitement and anticipation as you count down the days! It's 385 days for me (55 weeks today...). I'm trying not to count down but can't help myself!

Have you got any trips planned?

thestevied said:
Yeah, it's almost the best part.... The excitement and anticipation as you count down the days! It's 385 days for me (55 weeks today...). I'm trying not to count down but can't help myself!

Have you got any trips planned?

Lol, I know! I have a widget on my phone that counts down the days to the next WDW trip :) Its 244 days from today!!! Although that is only a rough estimate, I'm waiting til the September flight sales start before I book ;) Expecting to save about €150 pp on current prices although with the price of fuel at the minute maybe it'll be less if a saving - even so, everylittle counts!!

Wills Mom said:
Lol, I know! I have a widget on my phone that counts down the days to the next WDW trip :) Its 244 days from today!!! Although that is only a rough estimate, I'm waiting til the September flight sales start before I book ;) Expecting to save about €150 pp on current prices although with the price of fuel at the minute maybe it'll be less if a saving - even so, everylittle counts!!

So true... We booked back in late march (I think) as soon as free dining appeared. And it gives us plenty of time to pay it off!

So you're going around may time?

thestevied said:
So true... We booked back in late march (I think) as soon as free dining appeared. And it gives us plenty of time to pay it off!

So you're going around may time?

Oh I wish ours was booked!! I feel like until we book it its not actually happening, and I have to get my Disney fix soon or I'll spontaneously combust LOL! We have been every year since 2005 and this year is the only year we haven't been as I had our son in Feb and hes still too little imo for that flight - to my dismay :(
Yup, we'll be there for either 16 or 17 nights at the start of May - anytime after the 2nd and anytime before Memorial Day which is the 27th I believe, so whenever I can get decent flight times/prices! The direct route from Ireland is well expensive so we usually fly through Manchester or Gatwick and then direct or I do like the Delta route through Atlanta cause you clear immigration in Atlanta and then theres no messing about when you get to Orlando!

Wills Mom said:
The direct route from Ireland is well expensive so we usually fly through Manchester or Gatwick and then direct or I do like the Delta route through Atlanta cause you clear immigration in Atlanta and then theres no messing about when you get to Orlando!

That's clever, I've never considered anything other than direct flights, but what you say about Atlanta makes a nice little bonus. Mind you, I'm about a 45 min drive from gatwick, so it might just be easier going from there than Ireland, anyway.

You'll have to let us all know when you've booked. I can prebook my seat with virgin in 7 weeks so I'm well excited about that. But then I've got another 5 months before I can make dining reservations... :(

thestevied said:
That's clever, I've never considered anything other than direct flights, but what you say about Atlanta makes a nice little bonus. Mind you, I'm about a 45 min drive from gatwick, so it might just be easier going from there than Ireland, anyway.

You'll have to let us all know when you've booked. I can prebook my seat with virgin in 7 weeks so I'm well excited about that. But then I've got another 5 months before I can make dining reservations... :(

Oh living that close to Gatwick must be so handy! We fly out of Dublin and we're about 90 minutes from the airport, maybe more as the traffic can be bad!

Flying into Atlanta is fine but its definitely not my first preference. Going direct is always nice but if I can save money (and I usually do with Virgin via Gatwick) then I'll go with the less expensive option ;) Clearing immigration is a nice perk but direct is always nicer lol!

Yay!! Pre booking your seats is great, always feels like another step closer to the magic :) We haven't went with ADRs this time, its a case of "you can please some of the people some if the time...." in my family lol, so I've learned not to plan meals when we're away together. Causes undue stress! DH and I will be celebrating our second wedding anniversary while we're away so my mom is taking Will for the night and I'm going to make a nice ADR for that evening! I'm sure to be on here asking for advice on the best restaurant to choose and about any particular romantic/date night stuff we can do while we have the time to ourselves! :)

Oh and don't worry - as soon as we book I'll be shouting it from the mountain tops!! We *supposed* to be booking this month so fingers crossed it actually happens!

Have you decided on many of your ADRs? I haven't experienced many TS places in the World, we did a few on our honeymoon last year and we always always always go to the Rose and Crown but thats about the extent of my dining knowledge!

Wills Mom said:
Oh living that close to Gatwick must be so handy! We fly out of Dublin and we're about 90 minutes from the airport, maybe more as the traffic can be bad!

Flying into Atlanta is fine but its definitely not my first preference. Going direct is always nice but if I can save money (and I usually do with Virgin via Gatwick) then I'll go with the less expensive option ;) Clearing immigration is a nice perk but direct is always nicer lol!

Yay!! Pre booking your seats is great, always feels like another step closer to the magic :) We haven't went with ADRs this time, its a case of "you can please some of the people some if the time...." in my family lol, so I've learned not to plan meals when we're away together. Causes undue stress! DH and I will be celebrating our second wedding anniversary while we're away so my mom is taking Will for the night and I'm going to make a nice ADR for that evening! I'm sure to be on here asking for advice on the best restaurant to choose and about any particular romantic/date night stuff we can do while we have the time to ourselves! :)

Oh and don't worry - as soon as we book I'll be shouting it from the mountain tops!! We *supposed* to be booking this month so fingers crossed it actually happens!

Have you decided on many of your ADRs? I haven't experienced many TS places in the World, we did a few on our honeymoon last year and we always always always go to the Rose and Crown but thats about the extent of my dining knowledge!

Yeah, I think if I went with a bigger group we wouldn't make too many adr's but as its just the wife and I and we're on the dining plan we'll probably make at least 10-12 lunch or dinner reservations. We've decided on a few already... Epcot is our favourite park and we're staying nearby in the yacht club. So, we'll have at least a few dinners in Epcot. Japan, Mexico and UK we've already decided on but will probably add more. We love going to the rose and crown too. Always get a drink at the bar and stop for dinner at some point. Love talking to the servers!

So cool that you'll be celebrating your anniversary there! There's some nice romantic restaurants around. Personally, I love the San angel inn at Mexico, it's gorgeous inside. But the resorts also have some romantic places.... California grill and citricos are cool. They're more upscale but you don't have to dress up which I like! Nice to put a shirt on but I couldn't be wearing a suit around wdw!!

thestevied said:
Yeah, I think if I went with a bigger group we wouldn't make too many adr's but as its just the wife and I and we're on the dining plan we'll probably make at least 10-12 lunch or dinner reservations. We've decided on a few already... Epcot is our favourite park and we're staying nearby in the yacht club. So, we'll have at least a few dinners in Epcot. Japan, Mexico and UK we've already decided on but will probably add more. We love going to the rose and crown too. Always get a drink at the bar and stop for dinner at some point. Love talking to the servers!

So cool that you'll be celebrating your anniversary there! There's some nice romantic restaurants around. Personally, I love the San angel inn at Mexico, it's gorgeous inside. But the resorts also have some romantic places.... California grill and citricos are cool. They're more upscale but you don't have to dress up which I like! Nice to put a shirt on but I couldn't be wearing a suit around wdw!!

Yeah its hard to eat in really nice places in a large group. Every time we've been to WDW except for our honeymoon has been as part of a group of between 8 up to 22 with me doing the planning lol. We tried a few places on honeymoon - Cali Grill, Le Cellier and Teppan Edo, and of course Rose and Crown but we got walk ups (except for Cali Grill) so ADRs are fairly new to me!
I must check out Citricos! I just want to take full advantage of our date night! DS is only 6 mos old but hes already ruling our house! We've had two date nights since Feb so I'm verrrrry appreciative of the thoughts of getting out to do something special in my favourite place on earth for our anniversary!

Wills Mom said:
Yeah its hard to eat in really nice places in a large group. Every time we've been to WDW except for our honeymoon has been as part of a group of between 8 up to 22 with me doing the planning lol. We tried a few places on honeymoon - Cali Grill, Le Cellier and Teppan Edo, and of course Rose and Crown but we got walk ups (except for Cali Grill) so ADRs are fairly new to me!
I must check out Citricos! I just want to take full advantage of our date night! DS is only 6 mos old but hes already ruling our house! We've had two date nights since Feb so I'm verrrrry appreciative of the thoughts of getting out to do something special in my favourite place on earth for our anniversary!

22 people?? Not sure I'd be brave enough for that. Defo consider citricos! Would be good for you to have a night out to celebrate!

thestevied said:
22 people?? Not sure I'd be brave enough for that. Defo consider citricos! Would be good for you to have a night out to celebrate!

Lol, that was the year we went with my inlaws. I get on well with them but jeez that hol was rough! We've been choosy about who we go with since ;)

Only just found this thread so I thought I'd introduce myself!

Name:- Cheryl

Family:- DH Grant (39! just!). Eleanor 9 Lauren 6 & Chocolate Lab Miley!

Home Town:- Hednesford, Staffordshire

Fav park:- Magic Kingdom

Fav Resort:- Contemporary

Disney History:- 2007 was our first trip to the world and we've been back 3 times since - all Xmas trips, we've done Disneyland Paris 4 times too. Currently planning a November trip to celebrate DHs big 40!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter