• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disveteran and US newbie looking for expert advice

XxStaceFacexX

DIS Veteran
I have not been to universal since 2001 and really don't remember it. We are going down to Disney for our wedding/disneymoon and are going to spend a few days at US/IOA. We have the 2 park unlimited passes with no express. We are going down Feb 12th and then going back the 18th and 19th

Questions:
1- Do you think we need express for that day or can you provide touring advice without it? I'm completely new to this and while I know Disney like the back of my hand I'm very intimidated by all things universal. We would like to see everything for adults so please keep that in mind

2- Is there anything we can do to make it "magical" I know Disney has buttons but does universal do anything for couples on thier honeymoons?

3-Is there anything else I absolutely need to know??

Do you use a Disney guide? You might want to pick up Kelly Monaghan's Universal guide. It's a real good place to start.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :)

If you can, I would suggest staying on the property. The hotels a wonderful, and you can join the lowes first program and can get champagne( I think ) as your welcome gift. I think they still do that. We stayed at the Royal Pacific. Try and get a room facing the park so you can see the night time fireworks from your room. Tell the operator you want to see the fireworks from your room.

I would have dinner at Mythos one night. Ask for seating facing the lagoon. They have indoor and outdoor seating. You may even be able to see the fireworks from there if you plan it right.

Buy T-shirts that say Thing 1 and Thing 2 while in the park and where them one day.

Make Your own matching T-shirts and Hats Ex: Thing 1 married Thing 2

Have Dinner at Chop Chop in the Royal Pacific Hotel.

Sit out on the beach at night. At the Hotel.

See Blue Man Group

If you stay at a universal hotel you get front of the line access and won't need to buy the express passes. But if you don't stay at the hotel, I would buy the passes. Those lines are very long. If you stay at the hotel you can do front of the line access as many times as you want, if you just buy express paasses they are only good to ride certain rides and you can only ride them once.

Hope this Helps. Congrads on the wedding

the express passes you buy, are only valid for each ride/attraction one time only.

the fotl perk for hotel guests, have no limitations for the express lanes.

most of the time hotel guests do get the mummy dust for special occasions don't know much for extras while in the park.
some trip reports do state free dessert for birthday diners on occasion.

read some of the stickies about the parks.
since you have not been there in 8 years, it will fill you in on many things.

hope you have a great day or 2 at UO.

thanks for your help everyone. I will continue doing my homework.. I just didn't know if you guys had advice on which attractions I should do first or in what order

thanks for your help everyone. I will continue doing my homework.. I just didn't know if you guys had advice on which attractions I should do first or in what order

Well this will depend on what your likes and dislikes are as far as a ride are!!

There is alot of peeps in the know here,but please clarify your position on attractions and we can work with you from there!!

Also congratulations!!:thumbsup2

Well this will depend on what your likes and dislikes are as far as a ride are!!

There is alot of peeps in the know here,but please clarify your position on attractions and we can work with you from there!!

Also congratulations!!:thumbsup2

We'd like to see everything there is that isn't for small children

Then here we go if your brave!!:thumbsup2
Dueling dragons Fire and Ice-The HULK-Dr.DOOM-Dudley,Do,Wright-this is a beginning of my list(Blutos river ride if you want to get soaked)!!When Potter Harry opens even more..:thumbsup2

Everything at IOA except Seuss Landing (although Cat in the Hat is pretty fun) and just about everything at the Studios except for Jimmy Neutron and the Woody Woodpecker area would be geared for your group.

if you want order of the rides, it can be listed here.
go to the universalorlando.com site and take a look of the parks.

it will help you know where they are located when we mention the rides and attractions.

Hulk
Dr. Doom
Storm Force i take a pass on. it's like a tea cup ride and not thrilling
Spiderman
and then follow around the path in the park. you will be entering Toon land around the bend.

when you leave the entrance area which is called Port of Entry, you veer to the left over the bridge. you are in marvel land now.
the above rides are the ones you will encounter first.

the park will circle around and you will end up in Seussland then.

if you go to the right after POE, you would be starting in Seuss land.
this area will have no crowds as all go to the coasters first.
but, by the time you make the circle all the way through, the marvel land will have lots more people in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter