Distance???

ryalluvdiz

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me just how far Terra Verde is from Disney World? I have heard 10 miles which can run about 25 minutes when driving.

It's easily 20 minutes to most of the parks, a little longer to MK. The slow down comes from having to travel the congested part on 192 from Poinciana Drive to World Drive. On a good day with light traffic and no lights you might be 15 minutes, but if traffic is heavy (summer season) then you'll need up to half an hour.

I stayed at Terre Verde in 2009 in July. I think we lucked out because we NEVER hit any traffic and there was no way it ever took us 25 minutes. I would say it was consistently 15-20 minutes.

This past July I stayed at Indian Creek which is very close to Windsor Hills. Supposed to be one of the closer places. Even with all the shortcuts and being closer, it was an aggravating drive IMO. I think there was just more traffic this year and we never really got ourselves oriented like we did at Terre Verde. Strange, I know.

We've stayed on both the east and west sides of 192 and have found the traffic much worse on west 192, even though it's a shorter distance to the parks. DH hates sitting in traffic, so we're staying on the east side from now on even though it's further distance wise, the traffic seems to flow better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter