Distance from HH to Parris Island

MikeyMcG

Earning My Ears
Our son is graduating from USMC boot camp at Parris Island next month. We're staying at HH (for the 1st time) to attend the ceremony. What we want to know is how long will the commute from HH to Paris Island will take since we'll be making a couple of trips.

Many thanks from a long time lurker!

Without looking at the map, I remember it wasn't that far. We toured Parris Island one trip to HH about 3 years ago. Maybe someone else has done it more recently.

I'm thinking it was somewhere about 45 miles and took about an hour to get there.

We went by the turn off for Paris Island and I think it was about 45 - 60 minutes up Rt. 17. Others may know exact time, but thats what I remember.

I can't answer your question but congratulations on your son's boot camp graduation!

OK, curosity got me and I checked it on my mapping software. It shows from DVC HH resort to Parris Island Marine area at 46 miles, and 1:10 travel time.

I think the travel time is actually less than that.

From Disney, go 29 miles taking route 278 off the island to jct route 170. Turn right, follow 170 for 10 miles to route 802. Turn right, follow route 802 for 3.5 miles to the turn-off for Parris Island. Turn right on Malecon Drive toward the Marine base (3.5 miles away)

If you have time, be sure to check out the museum there. And congratuations on your son's graduation. As an old Army vet, I can tell you he went through a lot. Be proud.

The amount of time it will take to get to Parris Island strongly depends on the time of day that you are going. Believe it or not, Hilton Head can have quite a "rush hour" traffic jam -- mostly "off-island" people who work on the island. I believe that the heaviest traffic times are a little earlier than you might normally expect, but ask at the front desk to see what they have to say.

Congratulations to your son!

This is GREAT information - our son graduated from Marine boot in San Diego about 18 months ago, and I have to tell you that it was one of the most moving experiences of our lives. And now, our DD's boyfriend has joined the Marines, but will be at Parris Island, and I can assure you that we'll make that graduation, too. To combine that with a visit to HH - outstanding!

Semper Fi, MickeyMcG!

Fortunately you'll be leaving the island when everyone is coming on but once you get towards Beaufort and the Broad River bridge it'll be congested again. Plus I'm sure the graduation is on a Friday morning and for some reason people drive BOTH cars:D to work on Fridays. Just seems to be more traffic. The time frame seems right in normal traffic but definitely leave early to account for it and whatever extra security they have in place.

OOHHRAH!

Tell that Devildog congratulations! :)

Semper Fi,
sgtdilbert
Former Sergeant of Marines!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter