Disser's dominating a cruise No flames just curious from a sumwhat newbie to the boar

Yeah, hate those DISers........until I have a question about an excursion or tipping or cabins or pricing or luggage or schedules .... or need advice about a refund or medical availability or transportation or booking or packages or activities ....

They really know how to ruin a vacation. :confused3

Your're worrying about nothing, OP. We will be going on our 3rd cruise soon. The first one, I didn't even know what a Disser was, let alone see one! Second one, I had done the cruise meet thing and couldn't find it! They either moved it last minute or no one showed! Never saw anyone from our thread and was the only door decorated within eyeshot of ours. Now we are on the 5 day and there are a lot of neat things planned. I don't know of any pins being handed out. They don't do that for every cruise. If you don't plan to participate, I doubt that you will even notice we are there. I assure you that 200 people on a sold out ship of 2500 is not a notable presence! Frankly, I'd be more worried about TS's and hurricanes than the Dissers onboard!

We will be cruising soon and it seems to me that the activities planned by the disser's may take over the ship for those that aren't disser's or haven't been lucky enough to find these boards yet.

Do people find some of the activities or sleeping in the halls waiting for pins a problem for their trip that they have also paid so much money for.:confused3

Just curious.:cheer2:

We are excited about are trip as are our friends and would hate to have problems on the cruise.

These boards are a great resource and I have been reading them for many years and the hints are always helpful for our trips to the World.

Thanks
Not only did the DIS folk not spoil my first DCL cruise in Sept 06, they enhanced it! They made it way more fun than it would have been had I not met them. What a great bunch of folks! It was nice, you could participate as much or as little as you wanted. You'd never know they were there though, it really is a relatively small group compared to the other passengers. I now consdier our group friends and still keep in touch with many of them two years later. I hope I am lucky enough to sail with them again, it was so cool to turn a corner and have a friend there saying hello.

I have been on two DC's and both were prior to finding the disboards and I had know idea there were "others" out there. I was so happy to find out I'm not the most Disney obsessed person in the world, although my husband would say I am. Like someone else mentioned, I just thought there were some family reunions when I saw people in matching shirts. I never noticed any disboard "events" in the way of anything.

Michele- You need to PM my son. His screen name her is atinkerbellson. He is obsessed with the Oasis. I will be honest, have not even looked at it, but he studies it literally everyday. Got some email about the premier of the reveal and he says something about needing a Crown member or something to get the link.... Maybe you can help him out..... I guess he has a DCL obsessed mom, he can get his own OCD ship.:rotfl:

Not a problem. I can hook him up. ;)

I have a link to the "special invite" for the next online reveal. If I can't figure out how to do a PM, have him contact me, ok?

And you haven't looked at it :eek: :eek: :eek: Here, take a look, you know you want to...lol. ;)
www.oasisoftheseas.com

We had a big turnout for a DIS meet last summer and there were a few other passengers who came by and asked what kind of group we were. What was great about having a DISMeet is that we usually saw other DISers wherever we were and it was nice to have familiar faces around. We have met other DISers on all three of our previous DCL cruises and that has totally enhanced our experiences.

I haven't noticed any DISers on the cruises until this last one we took on 7/6. Someone had a luggage tag they made out of the lime green mickey head paint chip from Home Depot. I felt like I have cracked the DaVinci code because I knew what it meant. :rotfl:

We had 400 on the May repo and the only public notice of us was when we were mentioned by Brent at one of the shows, big cheer from the crowd, and that was all.

Pj

I'm not saying these boards are a problem or that the group is a problem for being on the cruise I was just curious how people respond to the group as a whole being on the cruise
"I asked for no flames please".

I'm not worried that there will be a problem on the cruise as I said in my original post I read these boards daily and appreciate all advice,suggestions and comments give for all of my Disney vactaions

I don't think anyone would ruin my vacation.

I believe these boards and everyones input is better than any travel guide or agent that could give you any information about the Happiest place on earth.

Thanks for not throwing flames.

We had 400 on the May repo and the only public notice of us was when we were mentioned by Brent at one of the shows, big cheer from the crowd, and that was all.

Pj

So 400 is the MAGIC number?????:confused3 Now I know what we have to do to get Brent or Christiaan (Rachel never would anyway princess: ) to give us a SHOUT out...... I guess I better start recruiting for our next cruise.....:worship: :worship: :worship: On my last cruise we were not even noticed.....:sad2:

Been on 5 cruises and didn't know about the DIS until after the 4th cruise. There really isn't anyone that regonizes the group except those who are in the group.

I was aware of DIS and part of "the group" for our cruise last summer. Even after tons of posting, it is really a loose knit group and you only need to be involved to the extent you choice to be. Most of the time, I didn't even notice the group!! My cruise this year moved most of the organization to a yahoo chat for some reason and to be honest i just can't get motivated to join that private group. Guess I can't figure out what was wrong with the DIS!! We did the FE's and my son enjoyed the suprises. I did tea with the ladies which was really great as i met some wonderful people and i don't think it was something my dh really wanted to do anyway. Other than that, it was nice to say hi to a few people as you walked about the ship.

I was aware of DIS and part of "the group" for our cruise last summer. Even after tons of posting, it is really a loose knit group and you only need to be involved to the extent you choice to be. Most of the time, I didn't even notice the group!! My cruise this year moved most of the organization to a yahoo chat for some reason and to be honest i just can't get motivated to join that private group. Guess I can't figure out what was wrong with the DIS!! We did the FE's and my son enjoyed the suprises. I did tea with the ladies which was really great as i met some wonderful people and i don't think it was something my dh really wanted to do anyway. Other than that, it was nice to say hi to a few people as you walked about the ship.

Lots of times DIS groups will build a password protected 'home' or a yahoo group site so that personal information can be exchanged withing the group that people wouldn't normally post on the internet. Don't know if that was the case for your group or not.

Pj

I was a new member then... and didnt know anything about here really (joined before cruise but visited after cruise) and except for the person staying next to me with the white board on the door i did not really notice much of anything, then again this was a cruise full of mostly repeat cruisers and i never cruised on disney before. (the fact I took a group photo is right place right time)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter