Dissapointing Attraction

Andy B

DIS Veteran
Although I enjoy my trips to US and IOA there are one or two attractions which I have found dissapointing.

For me it was Twister.

What's yours?

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but Jaws. It's cheesy how the guide has to act, and you can see the sharks in the water before they jump up at you. I will give them top marks for recreating the New England seashore, however.

For any attraction you mention, there will be a handful of people who say it is their favorite.

I'd also vote Twister and Earthquake because the pre-show is so long and they're not really rides. I usually walk right by them on the way to The Mummy and MIB.

Earthquake seems to be the next attraction to go, or have a make over. The movie came out before most kids were born. Some say the movie part doesn't matter to understand the ride. Sure, I get it, but Universal updates older attractions when the movie is stale, and Earthquake would definitely be the oldest at 1974. 33 years, and they really didn't have any 30 year celebration in 2004, at least I don't remember any.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but Jaws. It's cheesy how the guide has to act, and you can see the sharks in the water before they jump up at you. I will give them top marks for recreating the New England seashore, however.

Jaws has become Universal's version of the Jungle Cruise I think, a bit cheesy and outdated, but the skipper makes it more fun

Dudley Do Right for me. The terrible shape that the ride is in, is very disapointing.

Lucille A Tribute for me.

They used to show her shows many years ago here in the UK, sure it is popular with many in the US though.

Twister hands down number one, and then Earthquake.Ok Jaws too. But, nothing is as bad as Twister.:confused3

Earthquake, but with the "new" version of Posidon's Fury and Twister close behind.

Shrek. I hate the stupid preshow. I could tolerate it until I saw one of the cast members acting along and mouthing the words.......that did it for me. I will never go on that attraction again....for a month.

Oh no! I've never been and I was looking forward to Twister, Earthquake & Jaws. Would you consider them pretty good for a first timer?:confused3

Yes they are all great. All the rides are great, though some can be a little shorter....or a little more exciting. A lot of people also compare what used to be in the place of say, Twister. Go and have fun.

Yes they are all great. All the rides are great, though some can be a little shorter....or a little more exciting. A lot of people also compare what used to be in the place of say, Twister. Go and have fun.

Thanks, I'm sure we'll enjoy everything!!:thumbsup2

Most pre-shows are a snooze after the 3 or 4th time;) .

What is outdated to some is traditional/nostalgic to others:confused3 IMO Twister is amazing, Poseiden has great effects; Jaws is just plain fun.

Never did understand why of all the NICK charactars they settled on Jimmy Neutron for a headliner?

Shrek. I hate the stupid preshow. I could tolerate it until I saw one of the cast members acting along and mouthing the words.......that did it for me. I will never go on that attraction again....for a month.

I totally disagree with that one,Shrek is like one of my favorites.I would however say Earthquake,the actual ride I still enjoy but those pre-shows are terminal,Twister pretty much is the same I like the final scene but you can only tolerate so much of Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt!!!

I don't like the Terminator show....I'm sure many will disagree with me, but I find this to be VERY boring. Seen it once, that's enough for me....of course, I have never kept it a secret that I don't like the Poseidon show either...waste of space if you ask me...

Having an autistic son who isn't the most patient means most pre-shows are over-long.
I agree about Shrek, love the ride but the pre-show is just way too long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter