Dissapointed in Allseastravel:Update posted!

lookingforward

DIS Veteran
I sent in a quote request for a possible Thanksgiving cruise to Allseastravel. They had an agent phone back with what I thought to be high priced quotes for DCL and other lines (as compared to other agencies). The agent said he would explore other intineraries/cabin choices and then call me back. I am still waiting. Have any of you had any positive experience with this agency? Do you think because I compared prices I had already researched I might have offended him? I am truly annoyed. Just wanted to share my experience.

UPDATE as of 4/9/05

Just wanted to post and tell everyone that I received a kind and heartfelt email from the owner of Allseastravel, Chuck. He was very detailed and concerned about my complaint. Obviously he is open to feedback and willing to listen when people are not satisified. I am impressed. I emailed him back and that allowed me to explain exactly what happened (in my opinion) and that is what customer service is all about. I feel better about this agency and wanted everyone to know. Thanks!

Hi, I have to say that we have had a very positive experience with allseastravel.
We have been dealing with a lovely lady called Sandi, I urge you to contact them again and to tell them exactly how you feel and I am sure they will bend over backwards to help you.
I have seen in the past The owner I think he is called Chuck reply personally to people as he reads these boards, and the replys after he has spoken with them always are good ones.
I know you shouldn't have to chase things up, lets face it thats why we use TA's but do contact them again and say your unhappy do it by e-mail if you feel it easier
Good luck I hope everything works out ok
Chucklechops :wizard:

Hi- Don't give up on AST!! I have had a great experience with them for my upcoming cruise. It did seem like to took a bit to get a call back (1 - 2 days) but everyone who I've dealt with at the agency has been great. The only thing they haven't come thru on is my free upgrade to a Cat. 3 :rotfl2: just kidding!!

I booked the 7-Day Thanksgiving cruise last August. The price was about $1,000 more than the same 7-Day cruise I would normally book in August.
I wasn't happy about the price, but then you pay more for holiday cruises like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

For about three years now I have read posts on how thrilled people are with their TA so after going on 3 cruises I finally decided to move my November reservation; I chose Allseastravel. The TA did initially offer me a $100 reduction as an incentive to move the reservation, but in reality that was the only small benefit.

I prefer speaking with the nice CMs at DCL so since there no good reason to move your reservation except for a “potential” savings so I won't be using another TA again. In my book a TA doesn't doing anything that I couldn't easily do myself.

Our first cruise was booked with AST...the agent couldn't get my credit card number fast enough. Didn't want to answer any questions..actually, couldn't get me off the phone fast enough. We were taking my parents with.

We ended up cancelling because parents couldn't go..when I called to cancel, the agent didn't actually call DCL to cancel my reservation for three days after I talked with her.

Needless to say..I never called AST back again. Found another agent who has been wonderful!

We have had very good experiences with AllSeasonsTravel. They have always been pleasant and timely in my dealings with them. I recommend them highly.

I had a bad experience with them. I had to cancel a cruise I had booked with them once, and for a month I checked and checked my credit card for the money to be applied back. Finally, I called DCL and they told me it hadn't been canceled. So I called AST and they said it was done that morning (yeah, right). Well about a week and a half later I got the money back on my credit card. But basically, they didn't cancel it when I asked them to, and this is after talking with 3 people the first time (don't remember names). The second call after finding out from DCL that it hadn't been canceled I only talked with one person, but it was canceled then.

I am starting to think that working directly with DCL is less stressful. The waiting time for a TA to get back with you is annoying. I just wish DCL gave a discount for direct reservations, you do seem to have to pay a little more to book directly with them (unless you get an onboard discount).

DJ

My experiences with them have been very positive. Initially I found them and they saved me 600 dollars on a 7 day eastern last year for the same deck, same category - I changed ressies fast. They were very helpful, called me back, and said nothing but positive things about these boards and the folks who run it.

We love AST! We booked our honeymoon throught them and they were great. If you feel that you were treated poorly call them and I am sure they will do what ever they can to fix that. Maybe the person you spoke to on the phone was having a bad day or there was just some mis-communication. And as far as your doing reasearch, it really helps them so you can tell them what you do and don't want.

I should have added that I have friends who have used them twice and had very good experiences with them. I am sure my situation where they forgot to cancel my reservation was a fluke.

I am feeling a bit shy about using TAs lately, but that is the Type A in me. I now know what I want, what I want to ask for, and I know I can do it faster if I handle my own reservation. I would need a BIG incentive to use a TA in the future (like more than $100 difference in price). But again, that is just because I am a control freak.

DJ

I tried twice to get quotes from them. I never heard from them, not a phone call or email. And I work from home most of the time and we have caller id so I didn't just miss the call. So personally I will never try to use them again. Instead I went with DU who I heard from within 24 hours. I asked a bunch of questions before we booked the cruise and Sue Ellen answered all on them on sunday morning within like 3 hours. We decided to book another curise for my whole family and Sue Ellen handled everything just perfect for us.

I'm going on my third cruise using All Seas and I have nothing but WONDERFUL things to say. The best customer service ever. On our last cruise, we changed our itinerary two days before our scheduled cruise date (because of the hurricanes) to the 7 day cruise leaving the next day. They immediately helped me changed my reservations and *held my hand* through the process. I had a ton of questions because I knew nothing about the 7 day cruise and we had a red eye that night, so I wasn't going to visit the boards to ask my questions. They were terrific with helping with my questions.

I'd call back and ask to speak to someone else. I've found their rates to be the lowest. Make sure when comparing cruise lines, that you compare only DCL, same category, same date, different dates can dramatically change your price.

Jennifer

I had a reservation on hold with AAA (they had the lowest price), then as a fluke I called AST on a Sat and spoke with John. He gave me a price that was $300.00 LOWER than AAA, he then sat on the phone with me and answered every question I had (we are travelling with an autistic child and we were very concerned but thanks to John and fellow DIS'rs we are confidant and excited) - what he didn't know, he found out fast. He even got us the exact cabin we wanted! So while I understand the need to do it yourself (I am the same way) I wouldn't give up on them, I would tell them thought of the service that you feel your getting and ask them if they want the opportunity to keep you as a customer!

J.

We've only had wonderful experiences with AllSeas. They handled our Disney cruise last October. We were so pleased with their service, we booked a RCCL cruise with them for this November.

Chuck and his staff are the best.

Scott

Count me among the satisfied customers of AST. I exhaustively researched prices for our May cruise on the Wonder, and AST's quote was at least $300 lower than any other source I could find, including Dreams Unlimited. The agents I have spoken with there have always been helpful and attentive; I like the fact that when I call there I get a live person on the telephone immediately instead of an automated menu -- and on each occasion the person who has answered my call was able to assist me. I got the cabin I wanted, and although we were originally waitlisted for early dinner seating, the agent kept on it and now we're confirmed for early dinner.

I can't complain at all.

as far as price- couldnt beat it but as far as good customer service hum.... wasn't the best. I work odd hours so email works best for me- I have called after 5pm and the girl was out. so I left a message to be called back. never heard from her. I asked about making my REAS was told disney would contact me 2 weeks prior. Thank god for you all so I knew to call debbie. Than about 11 days prior to my cruise, I called again regarding my documents. I was told after the agent put me on hold while he said he was talking to DCL, that they would be sent in about 5 days. Go figure they showed up directly from DCL the very next day. :confused3 I was alittle dismayed because they did come highly recommended. If it wasnt for fla resident rates- I probably would of stayed with costco. Of course I transferred my ressie again after I booked onboard and hoping the 2nd time is a charm. :wizard: only time will tell...

First of all, thank you to everyone who offered their experiences. It is fun to read the comments and see all the beautiful pictures of families, kids and pets! I was surprised that the agent (a guy) never phoned back since I was READY to book a November cruise, most likely on RCCL. I will try DU. I do think it depends on the particular agent. Some feel quality is important...others think quantity is the key. Funny thing is, in my humble opinion,if you give the customer high quality service the high quantity of bookings and repeat/referral business will follow!

If you think they are "too high" go to DCLs website and compare. But make sure you are comparing apples to apples. All cats. with more than 3 people are sold out so if you have 4 or more you are probably getting quotes on 2 rooms. We are sailing for the second year in a row on Thanksgiving week (Western) because DDs are getting older and its getting harder for them to miss school.....I do know the Eastern the week after would cost us 2000.00 less. We LOVED the 2 stops at CC and the ship is decorated for christmas....

Another happy All Seasons Travel customer, here. Chuck and his crew are are helpful and knowledgable. I've booked 4 cruises with them and they have handled a few trickey situations for me.

I highly recommend them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter