Disneyzell magical christmas cruise 2008-4/7/11:TR from my 8 year old pg 9 COMPLETED!

Ah, how time flies when you’re not working on trip reports! Snow on the ground a snowstorm on the way and it's time to slide back into the dream world that is DCL.

by this time on the cruise time was really starting to march, but today was Tuesday, and we were docked at Cozumel. Today was a day for rebellion and relaxation. For today was a day we say "no thank you" to getting off the ship and instead stay at home the whole day.

I like to think of it as a bonus sea day...but with a kicker...no one else onboard! obviously that changed throughout the day...but you get my point!

However, before I go to far, wanted to share a pictures. This was taken by our neighbors in the cabin next to ours. I don't think I did a good end to end cabin shot...and they did....so I am stealing it for my purposes!

DSC_0059.jpg
this is not our room. But looks very similar, only backward. :)

Alas, today was a day we got to return to the promised land....Topsiders. I diligently used the hand wipes on the way in (by the way (yeah, here I go), I think that it is very cool that they do everything they can to keep everyone healthy. I know, I know, it's in their best interest, but the fact that they have it out there in front of you all the time just says good things about DCL. Heck, it makes me want to make the kids wash their hands before meals. Not that I never did that before, but it definitely makes you think about being clean, and how that might, just might keep you healthy. The first cruise on DCL I don't think they did that...and Dw and I both were sick as dogs for a full day. So I choose to believe the reason it didn't happen after that was because of the people who have to stand there and hold the towels out time after time. Do you think their hands get tired after a while? but I digress).

And yes, it was time for bacon. And syrup. A bowl of it actually. Yes, to some of you this might sound gross, but those of you who think that are clearly the folks who have never tried to dip your bacon in a bowl of goodness.

Now, one thing I must say is that from the last cruise until now Disney must have changed syrup. It wasn't nearly as good as before. Not so bad that I'd want to say something, or complain about it (uh...well...um...ok, other than here), but it was not as good. Yes, I continued to eat it every breakfast, but something was changed about it....I think it's a plot by THE MAN. no, I have no idea who the man is...do you?

After stuffing ourselves (we had to stuff ourselves...heck, it had been almost 9 hours since our last meal! :scared: and you never know where you might find your next meal onboard.

Our next destination: Ocean Quest. Now, neither of our boys are old enough for Ocean Quest normally, but today was an open house. So we went and checked it out. It's basically a bunch of video game stations, and the mother lode, a ship simulator. There were kids playing it when we went in (who do they think they are???), so we dinked around on other things.

DW by this time was annoyed because it was just video games. While I remember this distinctly, I read in her journal what she really thinks of us and I quote "The 3 boys were in heaven. I decided to leave because I could play video games at home". Harrumph. Is it just me, or do you read into that sentence that she is implying that I am a boy? I mean...we have two boys...and the only other male member of our family was left at home in the Kennel. Do you suppose she could mean....me?

Anyhoo, she headed off to the pool while the kids and I hung around and shortly thereafter got to drive the Magic. Yes, DS6, DS10 and I drove the Magic. I didn't want to get involved. This was kid stuff, you know? But after driving the ship into the ground time after time after time (and the ship kept having to drydock, and I know how all of you hate drydocking because of the time you can't spend on the Magic), I felt it was time for me to step in where we successfully steered the ship on several missions including one where you had to turn it every few feet and maneuver through coral. We got a commendation for that one I believe, and I was SURE that Captain Tom was going to come and speak to us and ask us to come help him steer.

Surprisingly that did not happen. Ah well...such is life. Genius is often overlooked!

Now, if you were asking yourself why in the heck we would not get off the ship in Cozumel I think I already gave you the answer...but being generous I'll give it to you again! :)

In 2006 we did the same itinerary (except we didn't get to double dip!). So we had already don’t Cozumel. In 2006 DW and DS10 (then 8) did the dolphin excursion, and DS6 (then 4) went to a beach which I can't remember the name of. Frankly speaking it was a nightmare. I was constantly worried about my video camera...we were hungry and I was a bit afraid of the food (being Mexico). We were supposed to meet the ladies and older boys at this beach but they never made it because the dolphin thing took too long...all-in-all it just was not a good memory for me. We weren't doing any excursions this time, so no reason to get off the ship. Woohoo!

Why woohoo??? Picture a sea day...with activities and really nothing to do but WHATEVER you wanted to do. Now picture that with no people. That's why the woohoo. Obviously if you have never been to a port you should try to get off, I'm certainly not discouraging that. However, if you get the chance, experiencing an almost empty ship is nice. And because it's your home you are steps from everything you need. The pool is empty because everyone is at the beach instead. And there is no sand involved. Woohoo!

The rest of the morning was spent swimming and hanging out. Foosball was on the menu (I believe this was the day when everyone (ok, DW and DS10) was annoyed with my spin server in Foosball. Jealousy. We also took our turn at Shuffleboard. But I learned later in the cruise that I was doing it wrong. Who knew there were rules???

dinner was a casual affair made up mostly of Pizza. OK, so I just spent 10 minutes looking through my TR to make sure I hadn't already shared with you my tip for pizza. I feel like I have, truly...and if there is one tip you should keep with you this is it. So because of that I'm going to share it with you again, if I'm repeating myself...well....skip this part. :thumbsup2

I like the pizza onboard. it's not fantastic...and certainly not the best pizza anywhere. But I discovered a trick to make it even better. the main thing to me is that I like my pizza crispy and the pizza they make onboard just isn't. So when I went up I asked to have them put a couple slices into the oven for a few minutes. I'd go get soda from the drink station and when I get back...hot fresh and crispy pizza! this made all the difference in the world, really it did. I didn't know if it would matter the first time...but boy once I did that once I was hooked. The guy got to know me pretty well. OK, so he saw me coming. One day a new lady was there and there was confusion...luckily the cook saw me and remembered me and grabbed the pizza and threw it in the over. Ah! life is good.

DSC_0355.jpg
Lunch on deck.

DSC_0357.jpg
Kind of cool to be in port right next to these other big ships.

As you can see we started doing some wandering and picture taking. This reminded me that we have one picture we have taken on all three cruises with DS6:

DSC_0389.jpg

connorfloor2006.jpg

connorfloor2004.jpg

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't remember exactly where Connor was in the previous years...but still, it's kind of neat to look back and see how he has changed while basically the ship has stayed the same.

Speaking of which, I've read a few places where people said they could see the wear and tear of a 10 year old ship. I really didn't see it. DNH said he did...but I have to say that IMHO that they do a great job of keeping the ship in great shape. Honestly if I didn't know it I wouldn't have known the ship was 10 years old. However, it did just come out of dry dock...so that's part of it, and the natural progression. Dry Dock, however, did not blow me away other than the TV's. The TV's and the added channels were fantastic. Not that we spent a ton of time watching TV, it's nice to have them available when you want them, you know?

DSC_0364.jpg
Both boys at the rail. Throwing them over wasn't really something we had to consider...they were actually pretty well behaved! :)

DSC_0365.jpg
Captain Tom gets us ready to go

If you have been following along so far and not skipping ahead to this chapter (and if you are skipping ahead, stop and go back to the beginning. ok, do what you want), you know that we have not been pleased with our servers. So we did what I never thought we would ever do, we skipped dinner.

Disney was playing Bolt in 3-d, so we went there instead of dinner. It was a pretty good movie. Disney, overall, has not been putting out the best movies lately...but this was pretty entertaining. I was VERY impressed with the 3d, DW wasn't. There were not a ton of things flying out of the screen in this one, but that wasn't necessary. Basically the whole thing was 3d, and the depth of the scenery, etc., was really neat. You felt like you were in it, and a part of the whole thing. The glasses were also heavier than any 3d glasses I had ever had on...and then got a bit uncomfortable after a while. But they did fit over my glasses...so that worked ok. This was all shown in the Walt Disney theater, so it was quite comfortable. The only issue was that it was full, and I was worried about it being loud. It wasn't too bad, but like most of the movies I've seen on the cruise ship people definitely know they are not paying for it and act like that...which I get annoyed with.

Speaking of movies (yeah...here I go), I was disappointed at the scheduling of the movies. To me they should have movies running throughout the day, so you have lots of opportunities to see the movies. Instead, they always schedule the movies as basically alternates to the shows that are going on. While this is a good idea, and we had seen some of the shows, it is annoying that you have to miss a show to see a movie you want to see. Maybe they pay for each time they show it? I don't know, but it is annoying. But I digress...

Nick wanted to play "Who Wants to be a Mousketeer" in his club. for those of you who don't know what "Who Wants to be a Mousketeer" is, think "who wants to be a millionaire with Disney type questions, and you don't get a million dollars. More on that in a later chapter when we play the family version!

Everyone else (we had re-joined our neighbors by this point who did get off the ship for a little bit, and did go to Dinner. Naturally the dinner service was the best one that they had had...so maybe it was me...hmmmm) went to the family show by Jeff Civillico. He is a juggler/physical comedy guy. We saw him briefly on the welcome aboard show and he was very funny.

He did not disappoint. First of all, both DS6 and DND8 got picked to go up on stage. This was a good thing. They are both very emotional and there would have been meltdowns if one had been picked but not the other...so bullet dodged there!

Naturally, there were pictures.

DSC_0047.jpg
DND8, Jeff Civillico and DS6

DSC_0049.jpg
Connor gets a plate going

DSC_0053-1.jpg
so does Kathryn

Again, the show was fantastic, and there was a snap ending to it...when the pulled a guy up on stage to do some of the stuff, and he ended up proposing to his girlfriend. Yeah, that part was staged...but it was a very cool ending to a very cool show. One thing I can definitely say, the comedians, etc. that Disney brings on are very good and very entertaining, all in different ways. I have yet to be disappointed overall, although sometimes they have adult and family shows which are basically the same.

We grabbed Nick from his club, he didn't get picked to play the game so he was a bit disappointed. To cheer him up we went around and made him take pictures :scared: . yeah, I'm mean!

DSC_0395.jpg
The kids with the large furry kids

DSC_0396.jpg
Nick's favorite...

DSC_0398.jpg
And with Disney's first lady

DSC_0385.jpg
Up on deck the ship was rocking and rolling again as we got underway...wave pool again. This didn't happen until later, but both kids were bugging us to swim in the Mickey wave pool. so at some point we went and they got on their suits and I took them up. when we got to the pool level DS6 realized he didn't have his goggles. As we only had a short time I told him we weren't going back to get them. That caused the whining to start. but we made it to the pool. they jumped in. A minute later DS6 was out again asking about his goggles. No, asking is too kind. Whining! He can pull out the crocodile tears with the best of them. My nerves were frayed at that point.

then DS10 decides to join the action and asks if we can go to the Goofy Pool hot tubs. I tell him no (again we only had a very short period of time) and he did what all 10 year olds do..."please can we go". I answer no. "Please? I really want to go". Ok, I lost it. I pulled them both out we got towels and went back to the room. I was ticked off. Most likely a overreaction on my part. you can ask DW, I NEVER overreact :lmao: . But boy do they ever know how to push the buttons. It's like one thing after another. sheesh! :upsidedow

Now it was time to go to Studio Sea for...wait for it...it's insania...it's Mickey Mania! If you go on a cruise, you have to do these events. They are so fun, and not very many people go, so you have a good chance to go and win something little (a hat, a pin, a mug). No, you won't win a million dollars, but you will have some good memories. And if you go, be loud. The last cruise I was fairly reserved...but this time I really got into it...making a lot of noise...and frankly I had a lot more fun because of it. Just let go...remember, other than those you bring with you, and your friends from the DIS boards, you won't have to be around these folks ever again!

Needless to say when they were picking people we were really, really loud and DW and DS10 got picked to go up. VERY exciting!

DSC_0402.jpg
There they are, the Purple Plutos.

Basically it's a quiz show about Disney where you ring in. Each round they would ask a question and the contestants would ring in and answer it. And then they would throw a question out to the audience who, if they answer it right, gets to assign those points to the team of their choice. I was picked twice and got the answer correct twice...guess who I gave the points to?

Anyway, they did great, and ended up winning. I think they got ribbons. Again, we did pretty well in the winning stuff category! That and getting picked, it was a great cruise for that! Again....definitely do the game shows...it's fun.

The adults were going to go and see the adult version of the Jeff Civillico show. The kids really weren't into the clubs on this cruise, I don't know why. The older kids were not a problem, they could do whatever they wanted, but what to do with the bigger kids? Finally we just decided to leave them all in the cabins...open the connecting door and let them hang out. A risk, I know, but we figured the older kids could handle it, and we would only be gone for 45 minutes.

The show was still very entertaining, and man that guy can juggle. He picked a guy out (who then recruited his buddy) to be the cheering section and whenever Jeff did something good he was supposed to stand up and say "Your the Man Jeff". That became very entertaining. There was nothing rude about the show, just some suggestive language, etc., mostly by the crowd than anything else. We had brought beers with us and just had a good time overall. It was fun.

Then it was back to the room. The kids did great...we might be on to something here.

DSC_0367.jpg
Stingray for the night

It was time for bed...This chapter didn't feel as good as the others...but I'm bringing DW's journal with me on my trip...we are going to WDW at the end of February, have to start my pre-trip report! but I can't do that until this is done...that just wouldn't be fair!

next up: Chapter 9: Grand Cayman....or was it?

Now, go make someone's day! :)

Your trip report gets more and more entertaining with each installment...thanks for keeping us in fantasyland!

I must say that I adore the pics of your kids lying on the floor next to the logo. I wish I had done that beginning with our first Disney Cruise...oh well..maybe I will start with our next cruise which is less than a month away and I can not wait! Granted its only the 3 nighter but its Disney!
Of all the Disney cruises we have taken I do not remember doing the Studio Sea...we will this time, sounds like a blast!

Keep it coming! Feb. school vacation is only a few weeks away and you did promise to finish this TR before you start the next one!

i can't remember if the hand washing thing started by our second cruise or third one. but they had a bad experience with norwalk virus back around the turn of the century, and since then they have been very aggressive about handwashing. although it didn't seem to help me this trip (shameless plug for my trip report).

this was our third trip to cozumel on the magic, (first on purpose) so we didn't really have anything that we just had to do there either. good thing since i couldn't leave the room, much less the ship. if we had the money and late dinner, i would have considered the fury catamaran. we did that excursion our first time to cozumel and it is one of our favorite excursions of all time.

as to movie scheduling. we are right there with you. i seem to remember that there used to be more showings throughout the day. dw was excited to see that swing vote was showing, until she saw that we wouldn't be able to see it without missing something.

I agree with the hand washing thing being a good thing. But for me, by the last day of our cruise my hands were so dry, and yes I was putting on lotion, they were bleeding. Ouch! But, we were healthy and no one was sick! :cool1:

Your boys are so photogenic. I just love your photos. Can't wait for the next installment! :flower3:

Hey Zell family!
Howdy from the frozen tundra known commonly as Illinois. Keep it coming!

Lisa Marie

Hello! Awesome trip report, I feel like I'm right there with you guys. I can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.

Oh how I can relate to the pool and the waves! Last year while on the Eastern Caribbean to St. Thomas my DH and I decided to lounge at the pool area. But I decided to sit on the edge of the teak sitting area and just dip my feet for a while and like an idiot I stood up to turn around and the ship rocked abit and I slipped and found myself flat on my back in the water at the edge of the pool. In front of about 100 people!! How embarrasing.:rotfl2: My DH told me that in a flash I was gone...he jumped up so quick not knowing what had happened..I was bruised but okay...That was enough for me, I was done with the pool and we went to the spa instead and sat in the rainforest room for about an hour heating up my bruised areas!

So I have to tell you that DS12 and I were picked to be the Purple Plutos for the Saturday night episode of Mickey Mania, and we won, too! How cool is that?!

Love the pizza tip- I like crispier pizza than what Pinocchio's serves, so I'll have to remember to ask them to cook it a bit longer for me.

Keep up the great report!

Your trip report gets more and more entertaining with each installment...thanks for keeping us in fantasyland!

I must say that I adore the pics of your kids lying on the floor next to the logo. I wish I had done that beginning with our first Disney Cruise...oh well..maybe I will start with our next cruise which is less than a month away and I can not wait! Granted its only the 3 nighter but its Disney!
Of all the Disney cruises we have taken I do not remember doing the Studio Sea...we will this time, sounds like a blast!

Keep it coming! Feb. school vacation is only a few weeks away and you did promise to finish this TR before you start the next one!

to be honest, the picture thing was just a fluke...but I'm glad we did it. it's cool to look back, and of course to force you guys to look back with me! :)

i can't remember if the hand washing thing started by our second cruise or third one. but they had a bad experience with norwalk virus back around the turn of the century, and since then they have been very aggressive about handwashing. although it didn't seem to help me this trip (shameless plug for my trip report).

this was our third trip to cozumel on the magic, (first on purpose) so we didn't really have anything that we just had to do there either. good thing since i couldn't leave the room, much less the ship. if we had the money and late dinner, i would have considered the fury catamaran. we did that excursion our first time to cozumel and it is one of our favorite excursions of all time.

as to movie scheduling. we are right there with you. i seem to remember that there used to be more showings throughout the day. dw was excited to see that swing vote was showing, until she saw that we wouldn't be able to see it without missing something.

oh no! I'll have to go visit your report to find out what happened. Sounds like what DW had hit us on our first Disney Cruise. Luckily those memories go away eventually! I really hope they fix the movie thing...I wonder if they say to themselves "no one seems to come to these movies" without realizing that the reason is they don't schedule well! Thanks for the comments! :)

I agree with the hand washing thing being a good thing. But for me, by the last day of our cruise my hands were so dry, and yes I was putting on lotion, they were bleeding. Ouch! But, we were healthy and no one was sick! :cool1:

Your boys are so photogenic. I just love your photos. Can't wait for the next installment! :flower3:

I didn't have my hands dry out...maybe I wasn't scrubbing as much as I could have! I'll have to work on that the next time we go! thanks for the comments about our boys. they are good kids and have learned (except for the formal night incident) that it is better to just smile and get it over with than to fight it!

Hey Zell family!
Howdy from the frozen tundra known commonly as Illinois. Keep it coming!

Lisa Marie

Our tundra is pretty frozen as well! but we had our first official ice dam which caused water to leak from our roof. Never had that. :( and naturally it was while I was travelling. Not much we can do but have someone clear the roof off and look at it again once everything melts. Yuck! Anyway, Hi! :wave2: :wave2:

Hello! Awesome trip report, I feel like I'm right there with you guys. I can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.

Thank you, thank you, and welcome to our adventure!

Oh how I can relate to the pool and the waves! Last year while on the Eastern Caribbean to St. Thomas my DH and I decided to lounge at the pool area. But I decided to sit on the edge of the teak sitting area and just dip my feet for a while and like an idiot I stood up to turn around and the ship rocked abit and I slipped and found myself flat on my back in the water at the edge of the pool. In front of about 100 people!! How embarrasing.:rotfl2: My DH told me that in a flash I was gone...he jumped up so quick not knowing what had happened..I was bruised but okay...That was enough for me, I was done with the pool and we went to the spa instead and sat in the rainforest room for about an hour heating up my bruised areas!

LOL! I can only imagine. That's something I could very much see happening to me...love those embarrasing moments. Take solace in the fact that most people (other than me because I clearly just did) won't laugh at you, but would be more concerned that you are ok. That can be painful. Luckily the spa was there to take care of your bumps and bruises.

Can't wait to read more!:cool1:

Yeah, sorry. traveling. I even brought the all famous journal with me so I really don't have any excuse at all! :)

So I have to tell you that DS12 and I were picked to be the Purple Plutos for the Saturday night episode of Mickey Mania, and we won, too! How cool is that?!

Love the pizza tip- I like crispier pizza than what Pinocchio's serves, so I'll have to remember to ask them to cook it a bit longer for me.

Keep up the great report!

No way! so cool! Go DIS! see, we are all so darn smart that we can win those things all day long! Hopefully you had an audience member giving you points as well!

Thanks for the comments everyone, I do appreciate it. I'm sorry that I was away for so long! No excuse...but on with the story!

Ah, similar title, but a whole other day. It was Christmas Eve Day, December 24th, 2008. Today's destination for the Magic was Grand Cayman. Again, since we had done everything at Grand Cayman (Hell, Turtle Farm and 7 mile beach), so we figured we didn't need to get off. I do recommend doing those things at least once if you have not done so. How often can you say you've been to Hell and Back, and really mean it? Hamm? And you can launch witty comments at your table mates the night before like "if you don't stop talking like that, you are going to Hell tomorrow!" (yeah, I actually said this. It freaked out DNS11 when I did. Of course he wasn't 11 back then!). We did ponder for a time getting off and hitting the rum cake and an ice cream place that we had heard good things about....but...well, it just didn't happen!

We hit topsiders for breakfast, and by now you know what that means. Yup, bowl full of syrup and bacon for me. yum! Yes, I gained weight on the cruise. No, I still haven't gotten rid of it. I can't say the breakfast at topsiders was unbelievable, but it is pretty good. I would have liked, at some point, to try an omelet, but the wait was always forever and a day (well, ok, 20 minutes), and we were generally in and out of there in less time than it would take to get one. So no omelet for me again.

Next up was a family craft. These were pretty cool, and free (well, ok most stuff is free on the ship). We really liked the guy who ran these events and got some good inside scoop on what happened on board the ship. Naturally I can't remember his name and DW didn't write it in her journal (so it's really her fault). But we did get an interesting lesson in level of the crew. The cruise staff were considered officers. Because they were officers, they were able to use the adult pool when they wanted to do so (and of course not in uniform). He said that he doesn't usually do it because he will get recognized, and that's not always fun. But he will get to the hot tub from time to time, usually when it is slow. I can certainly understand not wanting to have to talk to prying guests...uh...kind of like he was every time we did a family craft. :thumbsup2

Today's craft was door knob hangers. So we got a whole bunch of foam things to decorate the door hangers. The thing that was disappointing about this was that they weren't holiday themed. Now, I realize they probably have just big boxes of the stuff around so they pull it out. But we WERE on the holiday cruise, and Disney is generally very good at matching stuff like that up. But not in that case. All-in-all it was ok. I wouldn't say it was a huge highlight of the cruise, but since not many people do it, you can talk the ear off of the cast member if that interests you...and they have to stand there and talk to you! :lmao:

Next it was up to the pool. We got into port around 11:30 (late because of a storm we sailed through). But the ship was not nearly as empty as Cozumel...not sure why. You did have to tender...so maybe more people decided not to get off. But we did have a lot more people around us unfortunately, but we were still determined to make the best of it...and any decrease in people makes more room for us on the chairs!

Speaking of which, I've read horror stories about people saving chairs, etc in various posts and TR's. We were lucky, I guess, in that we didn't bump into this at all on this trip. So either everyone was very conscientious or I just wasn't paying much attention to it. Either is a strong possibility. But we did spend a lot of time around the pool, so I think I would have noticed.

Lunchtime was around the pool. guess where I went? Yup, time for the pizza dude. Slide some slices in that oven my friend...make 'em crispy! Pepperoni was my favorite. but it is always my favorite. I'm boring that way. I will put up with cheese if I have to, and naturally I can add things to my pepperoni, but it still isn't my favorite. Veggie you say? Veggie Pizza? That's not pizza. Sorry, pizza must have either some sort of meat or nothing. DW disagrees. But I'm not there to eat veggies unless they are nicely mixed with my pepperoni. by the way, I can eat pepperoni pizza every night for dinner if given the opportunity. but I digress (sorry, I can't promise that I will stay on task).

Connor went to his club just after noon for Ratatouille Cooking School. they were going to make chocolate chip cookies. Did I tell you that Connor loves chocolate. So this was a no-brainer. When it was over I went to pick him up. Needless to say he wasn't impressed. Overall the clubs were a bust for us on this trip. Not sure how I feel about that, as our kids are old enough that they don't need constant attention, can all swim, so they can be in the pool without me, so if I need a break I can take it. Or I can jump in the pool with them.

I believe this was the day (yeah, no reference in the all-mighty journal, so this memory is all mine believe it or not) that I was in the goofy pool and we started playing water football with a beach ball. I think we had 4 other kids with our 4, and of course me. I had two little kids (Connor and some other kid whom I didn't know and didn't know where his parents were) hanging on me from end to end. Great workout by the way. Basically you had to dunk the kids in the pool to "tackle" them. We played this for quite some time, and it was a lot of fun. I liked it so much that when we were at our gym's pool at home we played it as well. Pretty funny stuff. Especially when I make up rules which drive my 10 year old nuts. Did I mention that DS10 is a tad bit competitive? I had to remind him several times that this was Water Football. Not the super bowl.

Some pictures:

DSC_0408.jpg
DS10 in the Goofy pool

DSC_0410.jpg
DS6 spent more time in the hot tub than anywhere else. A boy after my own heart.

DSC_0413.jpg
Yeah, I think they are cute. But I'm supposed to.

DSC_0414.jpg
and me! this must have been one of the few moments that I didn't have a pizza slice in my hand.

DSC_0416.jpg
Yup. same kids.

DSC_0418.jpg
DND8 jumping in. is that allowed?? Don't tell the Disney police!

DSC_0422.jpg
And the slide....this is Kathryn.

DSC_0424.jpg
and Connor

i soooo want to go down that slide.

you think anyone would mind if i went down while we were docked in nassau and everyone was off the ship?:scared1: :confused3 :rolleyes1

Then it was time for the Deck the Deck party. This one wasn't that great in my opinion. It really felt like it was a party because they felt like they had to have a party. That didn't make it incredible for me. Maybe I'm a bit cynical...I know I didn't spell that word right...hopefully spell check will catch it! The kids danced with the characters, but Connor wanted to be up on stage and he couldn't sneak up there. So that was a disappointment for him...which if you remember that he is drama boy...was borderline on crocodile tears. but he managed to get through it.

Dinner this night was the French dinner in Lumierres. That means, to me, that it's time to eat Escargot! I love Escargot, my mom used to make it once a year on her birthday (no, I have no idea why my dad wouldn't make it except that doesn't surprise me much), so I had been eating it most of my life. I really, really like to dip the bread in the butter afterword. Unfortunately the Disney garlic butter isn't the best in the world, but the snails are tasty. DS10 had the Escargot as well...so I was pretty proud of him.

DSC_0435.jpg
DW and DNW hang out at dinner

Dinner service was again the same. SLOW. But we expected that by this point. Apparently the night before the service was very good (this was the night we skipped to go see Bolt). Naturally they kick up the service a notch when we aren't around. I think in the end I determined that our server just did not like me!

At some point I either went to the bathroom or took Connor to the bathroom (yeah, my 6 year old loves to go to the bathroom. There is no convenient bathroom to Lumierre's), and noticed big stacks of cookies and a big tub full of ice and milk. On the way to the bathroom I just thought it interesting, but on the way back it dawned on me why they had that. Disney thinks of everything and even had the milk and cookies for Santa! How cool is that? Again, not a huge deal, but it was yet another example of the little things that Disney does so well. Maybe all the other cruise lines in the world do the same thing...but it was very cool.

We weren't going to Twice Charmed (that night's show), and of course there was no movie for us to go see, so we did the character picture thing...and got quite a few:

DSC_0442.jpg
Us with Minnie

DSC_0445.jpg
Nick and Connor with Pluto

DSC_0446.jpg
Connor gets a hug from his favorite. All the characters got a kick of out seeing the shirts that we had made, and of course Stitch was no different. They do a great job of pointing and making a big deal out of those things which is pretty cool.

DSC_0449.jpg
After the hug...

Later that night we decided to hit yet another game show, this one called A Pirate's Life for Me. In this one, the audience was split into two teams. From each team they picked a Captain and a first mate. The first mate would run to the team and get answers to the questions, and then would run back and tell it to the captain who would ring a bell and answer the question. if they got it right they got a gold coin in a box.

DS6 got picked to be the captain and he was so excited.
DSC_0452.jpg
Connor is the Captain

DSC_0457.jpg
Connor gives his answer

At the end of that round they lined all the kids up to toss coins into the boxes and at the end they counted to see which team won. Ours managed to squeeze out a win, mainly because our CM cheated. but that's all good! Connor got a button for being the Captain. Our loot continued to grow!

After that it was back to the room for the kids so the adults to go to the show. It worked out so well to be able to put the kids in the room and have them hang out. It was nice as it would have been stressful to have to force them into the clubs where they so clearly did not want to be.

That night was David Morgan. I'm just not sure what this guy did (you guessed it, nothing in the journal). I think he might have done a show with a puppet which was very funny. Come on guys, refresh my memory and when I respond I'll tell you about it. Don't want to talk all about it and have it be the wrong night :scared1:

Back to the room for us...time to prepare for the next day...milk and cookies out, and of course reindeer food out on the balcony. Need to attract Santa!

DSC_0466.jpg
DS10 puts out reindeer food

DSC_0467.jpg
Our job is done here. what reindeer wouldn't want to come visit us?

Well, that's it for now...thanks for putting up with my long delay on this one, hope you enjoyed this episode.

next up: Chapter 10: How do you fool two kids who are sleeping 2 feet from you?

Now, go make someone's day! :)

i soooo want to go down that slide.

you think anyone would mind if i went down while we were docked in nassau and everyone was off the ship?:scared1: :confused3 :rolleyes1

Wow, you are quick and jumped in right between my postings. I agree, I'd love to hit the slide, and wish they would let us do that. Maybe on the new ships??? Thanks for reading!

just happened to click in - perfect timing :)

looks like you guys had a blast

i'm enjoying the read

i've seen the new carnival commercial with an adult slide on it, so hopefully the new ships will be equipped for us big kids, as well.

david morgan had the yellow monkey puppet, from what i remenber from the show friday night. ds and i enjoyed what he did, but dw and dfil weren't amused.

Hey there!
Sorry to hear about the ice dam. Hope things are better now. It was 60 here yesterday and we're supposed to get 2 inches of rain today, yippee! It's a sure sign that spring is coming soon when the yard floods!! We caught Dave Morgan's family show that night. It was our first time seeing him and we were really looking forward to seeing someone new but we didn't find him very funny at all. He may have been stellar in the adult show but we skipped that one. We couldn't imagine him doing a total change though. Anyway, we had to sneak around that night and stuff Fish Extenders with CDs. That was much more fun, helping Santa out!
Keep up the good work and Happy Valentine's Day to all!

Lisa Marie

Just realized I didn't update the title on this whole thing...I DID finally add a chapter. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter