Disneyworld the last week of August?

U

Unregistered

Newbie here. Would you recommend a trip to Disneyworld the last week of August? Another website states it's one of the least crowded times of the year, but hot and humid nonetheless. Is that true? I know it's crowded all of summer, but it's supposed to thin out the last week of August. Thanks!

It's pretty darn uncrowded right now, but hotter than blazes.

Record highs the last several days here, heading to 97 again today.

But if you're mentally and physically prepared to deal with that, it's a great time to go to parks from a crowd standpoint.

Really? No crowds right now? Thanks! What's the wait times in line like? And is that usually the case every year at this time?

Although the heat and humidity sounds unappealing.

I would love to think that I waited for most of the U.s. to go back to school, but I find it amazing that it is slow.......can anyone else verify this?

I was hoping to pick this week just for that reason, but I am resigned to lines.

We also picked this time of the year for a trip next year because we also heard that the lines are shorter and not so crowded. We knew about the heat and humidity but I am hoping that it is not any worse than July here in Central NY. We are interested in hearing what others have to say about the last week in August. :cool1:

Just came back 8/24-8/31 and, yes, it was a hundred times better than I thought.

If you went early or later afternoon, you got on with no wait, and sometimes, you got off and went on the others.

PLus, they offered the free meal plan and we had more than we could eat and at great restaurants. Keep an eye out for it next year!

Boy that sure sounds good to me!! I think that we can stand the heat if we can do the rides and what have you more than once or twice without lines!! :cool1:

we were in Magic Kingdom on Sat. Aug. 27th. We saw every attraction and rode some several times by 5:00 due to the small crowds. We ate and rode Buzz Lightyear about 20 times just waiting for the parade and fireworks. On Sunday and Monday we visited the water parks with almost no wait time. It was a great time to go.

We were just there and we had no problems. Of course we also do other planning also before we hit a park. It was hot, but we made sure we were hydrated and that the wonderful resort pool got used daily also. As Hurricane Katrina headed towards South Florida, there were very nice breezes going in Disney. I would have given up the breezes though in a second if she had never happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter