Disneyworld resort pools

jmd0727

Earning My Ears
I am taking my 5 yr old and was wondering what pools are better.....also which ones have beaches......trying to figure out where we want to stay. We are trying to go down for his birthday in May.

Just FYI... the beaches are to play in the sand only. There is no swimming in the WDW lakes.

Best pool really depends on the personality of your child. The values have many pools (main and quiet) but no slides. The mods have pool slides - CBR has a pirate themed pool with several slides and a dumping bucket. CSR has the biggest slide of all the mods - 130-something feet long. POFQ has the dragon slide which is cool, and quite a bit smaller/tamer than the others. The deluxe resorts have slides and 0 entry pools.

All that being said... my kids (10 & 6) love CSR more than the other resorts.

Best pool on property is shared by the deluxe resorts, Yacht and Beach Clubs. The Poly and Boardwalk also have nice pools.

If you want to go moderate, most DIS'ers will recommend the pool at Coronado Springs. I have never seen it, but Buzz had his own web site with pictures.

There is a beach area at the Beach Club, and one at the Poly, but you can't go in the water at either place. No swimming in the lakes at WDW.

Most of the pools are really nice. The Value resorts do not have water slides, but your 5-yr-old may not care about that. One of the best pool areas is with the Beach Club and Yacht Club, near Epcot. It's like a mini water park and part of the bottom is sand instead of concrete. Animal Kingdom Lodge also has a nice pool that is zero-entry.

There are sandy beaches at the Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge, in the Deluxe category, and at Carribbean Beach and Coronado Springs in the Moderate category. No swimming or wading is allowed in any of the bodies of water, though. You can play in the sand on the shore, but don't go in the water.

When my son was 4, he loved the pool at CBR (and that was before they added the cool pirate ship thing!). He still thinks it's the 2nd best pool behind SAB at the Yacht & Beach Club! AKL and the POLY also have very nice pools. The pools at POR and POFQ are great for kids as well.

The CSR pool is very nice and has a playground and sandbox area all in the same place so you don't have to leave. There is also an arcade located there.

Our kids favorite has always been the CSR (over the Poly, CR, All Star Sports). They loved the slide (we do too) and you have the convenience of the kiddie pool, playground/sandbox, arcade all within steps. Plus the hot tub and a sand volleyball court!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter