Disneyworld maintenance overdue?

dooledoo

Mouseketeer
I'm at WDW at the moment and we haven't been for 3 years.

We have just come off a cruise on the Fantasy and the ship was impeccable and the cruise surpassed our expectations. Now we are at the Beach Club and I've noticed a few issues with the room and the hotel which make it feel a bit scruffy. Just small things like stains on the carpet in the publc areas, a light in our room not working and the Mickey which is supposed to be sat on the base is missing. In the parks there seems to be a decline in maintenance - for instance a cracked screen and keyboards so worn that you can't read the figures (this was in the section after the Figment ride) and the artificial waves outside the "Seas with Nemo & Friends" no longer working.

I have seen more small things which are either not working or looking a bit shoddy - have I been spoilt or does anyone else feel as if Disney has cut its maintenance budget? I always thought WDW was 100% when it came to the parks and hotel but it seems to be suffering a bit now :sad1:

Oh no!

I have read quite a few reports about Disney not keeping up to previous expectations, And the fact that general maintenance over the park and rides had not been kept up to the usual standards its a real shame and i hope that i dont notice too much of it when i go.Its a real shame when its the simple things that they have not kept up with like making sure everything is working order.

I do think that in the Deluxes they need to keep up with what needs doing!!Its just way too much money to have simple things not put right like the stains you mention and the overall scruffy look of the place.

Lets hope Disney see that they need to pull out their magic wand and make the place sparkle again!

If there is a light in your room not working call maintenance and getting them in to fix - housekeeping don't have time to check every light in every room to make sure they are working so how else will they know if the guests don't report it?

The post show area for figment has been problematic since Kodak pulled out as sponsor unfortunatly.

I don't think the place has declined - there is a lot of work in MK and has been for a good 18 months on maintenance around the whole park and it looks fab now because of it. The trouble is they do have a budget and also people complain when things are closed or covered up so they have to be careful.

One park like a construction site is as much as I would want to see :goodvibes

Having visited both WDW and DLR California several times over the last few years, in my opinion maintenance standards at WDW are way below either DLR Anaheim, or what they were some years ago.

If you visit both and compare the number of non-working animatronics, etc on equivalent rides between the West and East coast parks (eg Splash, BTMRR), the difference is clear. Just got back from DLR after visiting WDW at Christmas, and unfortunately WDW is no longer anywhere near the same standards.

The parks are run by different organisations, with different customer bases and business models. California largely caters to local customers who visit regularly and notice falling standards. WDW mainly handles a high volume of global visitors, many of which may not have been before. These days their model is more geared to processing a large number of people for the least possible cost.

I posted about this last year after our visit, things are breaking down and there were little things different to before, dirty signs, faded paint, litter on grass etc. Things we are not used to seeing.

Oh no!

I do think that in the Deluxes they need to keep up with what needs doing!!Its just way too much money to have simple things not put right like the stains you mention and the overall scruffy look of the place.
QUOTE]

I think this should be across the board, you pay good money regardless of it being delux, mod or value. I would expect exactly the same standard of upkeep/maintenance regardless.

Oh no!

QUOTE]

I think this should be across the board, you pay good money regardless of it being delux, mod or value. I would expect exactly the same standard of upkeep/maintenance regardless.

Oh I agree totally! The thing is I have NEVER found there to be a problem in the Values :lmao: that what made me say the Deluxes as not once have i had a dirty room found a stain or had light bulbs etc missing in the room at POP.
Overall as much as some dont like them many agree that the values are very well mantained for what reason i dont know :confused3

As much as i loved my stay at AKL and will stay again in a heart beat our room there was so dusty i had to call housekeeping to come and re do it as our sons all suffer badly from dust allergies as do i as well as asthma.We have stayed at POP 3 times now and i just find the overall feel of the place compared to many Deluxes "our friends and family have stayed at a few and always reported some kind of maintance issue"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter