Disneyworld in Late May?

xmelissax

Mouseketeer
What are the crowds like in late May? I know it's Disney so there will always be crowds but I'd like to go in a less crowded time. I'm hoping for Jan. but May is our second option. Also, is it already hot by then?

People have different ideas of hot, but to me it's already pretty hot in late May. It's not August, but it's no January either. I just went in early May, not late, and it was pretty warm but not unbearable. I wish I could help you out with the crowds, but I think the general idea is any time the kids are in school is a better time to go. Good luck and have a great time when you do get to go.

:flower:

What was the temperature range like when you were there? I live in Southern California, so I'm used to heat I just don't like it much,haha. I also wasn't sure if school would be out late May, I remember when I was in elementary through highschool we usually got out around the 15th or so of June. What were crowds like when you were there?

May and October are my favorite times to go. However, there have been some instances when the temperature already hits the high 80s in May.

It's not the heat, it's the humidity :sunny:

Crowds aren't bad in early May.

Ok thanks for your help. The humidity kills me so I will definately try for Jan instead of May:)

I can't believe I just saw this in the what I would do differently thread!

"What would I do differently?

I would not go at the end of May"

So I think that helps nail it down! LOL If you must go in May, go early. I went the first week in May and, lucky for me, it rained enough to keep the tempurature down but there were still times when I broke a sweat just standing there. The humidity can be really harsh too. Personally, I wouldn't go in late May. Early May is just at my barrier of saying no, but I would still go. October and January are my favorite times to go. I wish I could help you with the school schedule, but I don't have any kids. I was trying to think of a way to find it, but nothing comes to mind at the moment. Good Luck! :earsgirl:

I went in May 2003 and it was the seriously BEST time I've ever gone!!! It was late may... I've been to DW in June, July Aug and September and even March and May was the absolute best time. NOt too hot, but hot enough to get a nice tan. Not humid, crowds are very low, THE BEST! Didn't rain much, but when it did, it was nice and only rained for like 10 minutes. Then the sun was back out.

What were the crowds like in early May?? I will be there first week of May 06 and am hoping for light crowds. I also realize E.E. will be new and am wondering if that will pump up the volume ???

I can't go in early May, it would have to be late May cause I'm in college still and I'm not done till then. If I can't go this Jan. I guess I will just have to wait another year because I sweat so easily and if I was walking around sweating all day I would not be happy at all,haha.Thanks for the tip!

The crowds in early May were very light. It was great. The only real crowd was when Stich's ride went down. In hindsight, we should have left to do soemthing else and come back. :)

:teeth:

We went in late May/early June of this year. In the past we have gone in June, July or August. It was mid to high 80's, so to me it was hot. But going inside for rides/eating/shopping in the cold a/c made it bearable. We had a day in the parks before Memorial Day weekend started and it was awesome-lines were not that bad. After though there were definitely lines, but still didn't seem as bad as when we've gone in mid-July.
I hope one day to go in the off season, a cooler month. I don't like the heat that summer brings :(
Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter