• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyworld/easter Week/scary!!!!!

LeahA

DIS Veteran
We've gone down to Disneyworld on spring break before and it has been busy, but bearable. But, Easter week is a whole different ball game! I have never, ever, seen the Magic Kingdom as busy as it was last week. We had a nice vacation regardless of the crowds, but it does give me something to think about in the future! Easter week wait lines were up to 110 minutes on some of the more popular rides! EEEEKKKK!!! I think I need a vacation from my vacation!

I agree. Went to Disney in 1998 for my honeymoon over Easter....NEVER again. The parks hit the max capacity and closed admittance...Yikes :eek:

I chaperoned 2 years ago when our band went to WDW. The h.s. band had to march in the Spectro Parade at 8:30. They made them get their uniforms on at 6:30 and sit and wait.

But we got to the parks at 9:00. It was bearable until 1:00 p.m. Then it was wall to wall people. My group of girls waiting 2 hours to do space mountain, they got something to eat and then they got in line again. They said they would rather stand in air-conditioning then try to battle the MK and all the strollers.

We were at the MK on Tuesday after Easter, when we did MGM on Monday and Epcot on Thursday, the crowds were pretty low in those parks. For some reason the MK is a very busy park.

I was there 3/30-4/2. Animal Kingdom on the first day was crazy. The rest of the days we were there when the parks opened. On Thursday we were there at 7a.m. and did Space Mountain twice, Buzz twice, Slash mtn, Big Thunder mtn., Pirates of the Carribean, and Jungle Cruise by 9:30. When it got crowded we went back to the hotel. Everyone in my family groaned at 6 a.m. when the alarm went off but they thanked me later!!

Yes, I agree.....not a great time to visit unless you are crazy about crowds and don't mind not seeing many attractions. Kind of costly for the experience of standing in lines! :rolleyes:

ncmouselover said:
I was there 3/30-4/2. Everyone in my family groaned at 6 a.m. when the alarm went off but they thanked me later!!

I got my DH up at 5:45 on 3/29 to get to MK, and I believe he said something about "only freaky people" under his breath. Well afterward, for about the 3rd time in 20 years he actually thanked me for all the planning and for getting everyone up so early!

We were there too! The wait times were long, but we're used to that. We've always gone for either Christmas or Thanksgiving in the past. At least I didn't have to be all bundled up in the cool weather.

We used the EMH in the evening. They even issue fast passes during that time. It allowed for multiple rides on RRC at MGM. They closed that FP machine down halfway thru the 3 hour EMH evening. The last half hour of EHM evenings is walk on any ride tho.

We were there 3/28 - 4/2 and totally agree about the crowds. We had to go at this time b/c DD and DS were marching with their band in Epcot on Fri. 4/1.
We expected large crowds, and did pretty well in the parks with planning and FP except for MK on 3/30. We got there around 9 a.m. and did OK until early afternoon when it got really crowded. We heard they had closed MK on Tues. 3/29 at noon. Not sure if they did Weds. or not. We went back to Pop to swim and rest before EMH and returned to the park around 7:30. They had everything roped off for the parade and were directing people to go backstage at Tony's. We walked behind all the stores on Main St. and came out behind the Plaza Restaurant. As the evening went on, the crowds just got worse. There was gridlock all around the hub after the fireworks, but it cleared out after awhile. Then the later parade started and the place became a mob scene. Apparently Disney had closed the backstage path and many, many people were trying to get down Main St. during the parade. We ended up having a very scary, very unDisney-like experience. DS (11) was so upset, he wanted to leave right away and skip EMH. We finally talked him into staying for awhile. Several CMs came and talked to us about what had happened and they were upset, too. Over the next couple of days, we heard from others about their experiences and many were similar to ours, but in different areas of the park. In general, the park was overcrowded and out-of-control.
We did stay for EMH for awhile and were able to do some things. Spl Mtn and HM were 5-10 mins., but at 1:30 am Buzz was 25 min. and Space Mtn was a 60 min. wait. DS never did get to ride it this trip.
Overall, we had a good trip, but I don't think we'll go back again at this time of year.

HELLO! I know what you mean! We were there 26 Mar-1Apr. Went to the parks early and left by 10:30-11:00am. It was like salmon swimming upstream trying to get OUT of the parks when thousands were coming IN! We knew that it would be busy (just not THIS bad) so we planned lots of non-park things.

I cannot imagine what a first-time family thought of their experience! Thank goodness this was not our "once in a lifetime" trip :rolleyes:

BUT! A vacation is still a vacation! :flower:

SO, it sounds like the rule of "Get there early, get out early" still works, even at the most crowded times.

Sounds good to me :) Can't wait for Christmas!

We were there 3/25 thru 4/2 and it was unreal. This was the first trip my families been on where we spent as little time in the parks as possible. You know it is busy when the line for TTA wraps around the one for Astro Orbiters. :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter