No zombies here, just 10+ years of trip reports!!!

Started the day at the beach today. :beach:

WP_20141009_002.jpg

It is a lot more crowded today, the waves are bigger, and there are more smokers on the beach. Not sure if their is a full moon correlation or not. And, I don't care if you want to smoke, just don't lite up around me.

Older DD was at it again making sand animals. Her jellyfish needs some work.

WP_20141009_006.jpg

We played some Frisbee for awhile. Younger DD preferred the view in the shade.

WP_20141009_005.jpg

Wish this was me on the paddleboard, but I'm not that talented.

WP_20141009_004.jpg

There aren't as many chairs, umbrellas, cabana covers for all the guests. So,if you plan on sitting all day at the pool, get down early for your rental, rent for the week, or bring your own. Also, VBR is doing beach/pool towels in the room and exchange at Eb & Flo for clean ones.

Last edited:
Younger dd got knocked down by a wave chasing the Frisbee. Her beach day is done. So, I took her to the pool.

Ocean fun.

WP_20141009_013.jpg

WP_20141009_015.jpg

Older dd joined us at the pool. I bought lunch for them, and took lunch and beer to DW at the beach.

WP_20141009_009.jpg

With the choppier waves and without a float, older dd didn't want to hang at the beach. So, she's with her sister at the pool and DW and I are enjoying the view and sound of the ocean and no sound from the dds. :lmao:

WP_20141009_010.jpg

I guess the other snafu is there is not beach beer concierge service. And, it's a long walk back to the poolside bar. Really need to bring my cooler.

Last edited:
Teno runs the beach activities. My oldest had fun on the surf board. Make sure you go see him and he will help you have some fun. He doesn't offer a concierge beach beer service, which may be a great idea for a future career.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great pics - looks like your family had a super vaca.
Love your tan line at the ankle. There are plenty of activities for all, the grounds are beautiful and a beach you can go into the water (unlike some beaches at WDW). Great water view. Enjoy your stay !

This will be a great place to visit next year combined with a WDW stay !

Our closing dinner at Shutters. Everyone voted down pizza again.

WP_20141009_017.jpg

Mickey head butter.

WP_20141009_018.jpg

I had the Wahoo, Florribean style (cross between Florida and Caribbean).

WP_20141009_019.jpg

I also sampled younger dd's steak and finished older dd's scampi & linguini.

Last edited:
The service at Shutter's was excellent, just like the Green Cabin Room. The server asked why dd had a celebration button, and dd is jealous we are here for DW's birthday instead of hers. So, our server created this button. :lmao:

WP_20141009_020.jpg

Another tidal wave. Photobombed by oldest dd.

WP_20141009_021.jpg

DW birthday cake and birthday song.

WP_20141009_023.jpg

An excellent meal and experience to end the vacation.

Last edited:
Not sure Disney gets credit for this one. Around 7:30 P on the rocking chairs outside, we get to watch the red moon rise over the horizon of the Atlantic Ocean.

WP_20141009_025.jpg

Again, this photo does not do this scene justice. Incredibly beautiful. This should do it for the night. I may get one more picture tomorrow before we leave. Goodnight all.

Last edited:

Thanks for all the great pics - looks like your family had a super vaca.
Love your tan line at the ankle. There are plenty of activities for all, the grounds are beautiful and a beach you can go into the water (unlike some beaches at WDW). Great water view. Enjoy your stay !

This will be a great place to visit next year combined with a WDW stay !

Thanks, and we really enjoyed it. It was an easy 2 hour drive from WDW (toll roads to I95 to state road) and I nice change of pace. I don't think I'm convinced about the whole split stay thing, but moving form WDW to Vero makes it a little more worth it. Good luck planning your stay as well.

Enjoying the pictures and the commentary. :rotfl2:

I tried to flush it in the bathroom, but the entire community of Vero beach must be in there pooping at the same time.

See, great visuals. :sad2:

The Tidal Wave looks really good... any chance you could finish it by yourself?

Sorry your trip is coming to an end.... you heading home tomorrow?

Enjoying the pictures and the commentary. :rotfl2:
See, great visuals. :sad2:

The Tidal Wave looks really good... any chance you could finish it by yourself?

Sorry your trip is coming to an end.... you heading home tomorrow?

Yes, leaving tomorrow. Sometimes, it's a good idea not to include pictures. :lmao:

The four of us didn't finish the tidal wave tonit, but we also had the cake. I think it is three scoops of ice cream, 2 bananas, 2 brownies, cookie crumbles, hot fudge and caramel, and a bunch of whip cream.

Good morning all. This may be our last day here, but I thought this was a cool way too start the day. Here is the same moon from last night.

WP_20141010_001.jpg

These two pictures were about 12 hours apart, one facing the ocean, and the other from our parking lot view. But, it was the same moon rising and setting. I thought about walking over to get the sunrise picture, but that was too much effort this AM.

We'll be packing soon to get on the road. Thanks for following and have a magical day. pixiedust:

Last edited:
Found your TR link(s) this morning...and so glad that I did!

Love your pics (and that's a riot about your girls rockin' a bit of hillbilly - we always say our family has some redneck goin' on. ;)) - your DDs are adorable!

We arrive for our first stay at BWI - the hubs hasn't been to WDW in 19 years, so it's gonna be a real blast!

Thanks for sharing your vacation w/us. :) Safe travels today!

Good morning all. This may be our last day here, but I thought this was a cool way too start the day. Here is the same moon from last night.

temporary-1099.jpg

These two pictures were about 12 hours apart, one facing the ocean, and the other from our parking lot view. But, it was the same moon rising and setting. I thought about walking over to get the sunrise picture, but that was too much effort this AM.

We'll be packing soon to get on the road. Thanks for following and have a magical day. pixiedust:

Thanks for taking the time to include us all in your trip. Looks like an excellent vacation was had. Wishing you a speedy and safe trip home!

Managed to get one last picture - one last sight, sound, & smell - of the ocean.

WP_20141010_002.jpg

And, because we missed it on the way down, we stopped at Okahumpka to get KFC and Dunkin Donuts.

WP_20141010_004.jpg

That's right folks, drive over 500 miles from KY for some KY Fried Chicken. Anyway, I made it thru Florida and DW gets Georgia. We should hit Atlanta traffic at exactly the peak of rush hour. :crazy2:

We've talked about extending the stay until Saturday next time.

Last edited:
Found your TR link(s) this morning...and so glad that I did!

Love your pics (and that's a riot about your girls rockin' a bit of hillbilly - we always say our family has some redneck goin' on. ;)) - your DDs are adorable!

We arrive for our first stay at BWI - the hubs hasn't been to WDW in 19 years, so it's gonna be a real blast!

Thanks for sharing your vacation w/us. :) Safe travels today!

Thanks. They can be really adorable, sometimes. Hope you enjoy BWI. We own DVC there (BWV) and it is one of my favorite resorts.

Thanks for taking the time to include us all in your trip. Looks like an excellent vacation was had. Wishing you a speedy and safe trip home!

Thanks. I enjoy doing the reports as well. I never have been much of a video guy, but I enjoy being able to tell stories thru photography, and adding my own commentary makes it even more fun.

The service at Shutter's was excellent, just like the Green Cabin Room. The server asked why dd had a celebration button, and dd is jealous we are here for DW's birthday instead of hers. So, our server created this button. :lmao:

temporary-2121.jpg

Another tidal wave. Photobombed by oldest dd.

temporary-451.jpg

DW birthday cake and birthday song.

temporary-1402.jpg

An excellent meal and experience to end the vacation.

You can actually see its brownies this time and not pickles. :) happy birthday to DW, glad you had a good trip!

Happy New Year. popcorn::

2015 vacation plans are starting to emerge. Looks like we will be doing Universal & Sea World in June with my in-law family vacation. I'm still hoping to arrange or add some WDW time. To be continued .......

Happy New Year. popcorn::

2015 vacation plans are starting to emerge. Looks like we will be doing Universal & Sea World in June with my in-law family vacation. I'm still hoping to arrange or add some WDW time. To be continued .......

When I look at the combination of events and participants, I am not sure that it qualifies as a vacation for you!:lmao:

Good morning all. I didn't do a LIVE! trip report this year, but wanted to continue the trend of posting my trip reports here. This year was a different type of trip on many levels. First, we went with the in-laws. FIL retired from his job and wanted to take his two children and their families (his grandchildren) on vacation. So, it was great as it was an almost free vacation, minus the booze. Second, there wasn't total harmony. FIL didn't want to make any decisions or any plans. In order to make everyone happy, the end result of the vacation ended up being a stay at Cabana Bay Resort, two days of Universal, one day of Sea World, and two days of WDW (MK & Epcot). Third, FIL hurt himself while on vacation and rented a wheel chair for him. So, I got to learn about the Disney Disability program, and was super impressed. Finally, no ADRs made and FP+ made only a few weeks before the vacation started.

So, let's go on vacation with the June 2015 Trip Report.

So, we started with last Saturday. DW woke me up at 2:00 AM and we were out the door by 3:00 AM. This was the first time we tried driving this way and it was nice as it beat the traffic, and I wasn't completely exhausted by the time we made it to WDW. From the post reports, we drove all night and I slept by the pool the following day. I'm too old for that now. But, 2:00 AM was a bit early. I'm going to see if maybe we can leave a bit later.

Seeing these trees inside Florida just is the best way to start the trip.

WP_20150620_001.jpg

We couldn't stop at the usual Okahumpka plaza on the Florida Turnpike as it was down for construction. So, I had to go to the Turkey Lake Plaza to get a picture with this guy.

WP_20150620_002.jpg

Anyway, that first night there we stayed at a Marriott as we wanted to try that part of the drive as well as check out the Cabana Bay Resort the whole day on Sunday.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter